Fear Of The D..d...d.dentist!

RodRod The Rodfather
edited October 2013 in General Discussion

Ok, lets be honest, who hates seeing the dentist. As far as I can remember I was always tortured by the dentist. I had the Drill, Fill, and Bill types...Sometime they wouldn't numb me all the way and would just tell me to hold on, they are almost finished lolololol. So, I have a legit concern but I had herd some people say they never feel pain etc...so I assume I had horrible dentists. 

I'm going to go see a new dentist who is IAOMT accredited tomorrow to check out the toxic dump in mouth (mercury). We are going to formulate a game plan and see what we can do and when. 

I'm not as scared to be honest because I'm already in so much fear, pain, anxiety everyday for the past 8 months that I kind of just don't care. But, on the flip side, I don't want to add more pain to my game lol 

Share with me! 

fear-of-dentist.jpg

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions [email protected] 

Comments

• When did you have fillings put in, I thought they hadn't used mercury for 10+ years?

• RodRod The Rodfather

I had them 10+ years ago lol... old dentist still uses it, I got 2 of them removed UNsafley..fail. Thank god for the internet or I would be a DEAD man!

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions [email protected] 

• Find a holistic dentist...I got My Mercury filling removed yesterday,only 2 small ones...now let's see if My relentless anxiety subsides a bit haha....You shouldn't feel pain 'til after really....either way Man up and get in there soldier

• RodRod The Rodfather

Find a holistic dentist...I got My Mercury filling removed yesterday,only 2 small ones...now let's see if My relentless anxiety subsides a bit haha....You shouldn't feel pain 'til after really....either way Man up and get in there soldier

I know you mean well my Cheeseteak friend! I would challenge anyone to go through what I am and then tell me to "Man Up". Living  with this disease everyday is "Maning Up" because you don't have the resources biologically to flourish. My hormones are robbed, by brain chemistry is robbed, ATP production is robbed, can't use your brain, can't enjoy anything really, no friends, no job, no car, no money, no passion, no nothing. All I have is my family, the internet, and you guys!  I'm not saying this to be a debbie downer, I just want to explain to you what's going on, on this end to give you a better picture. 

2 small Mercury fillings is enough to do something but that's only half of your problem, you need to chelate properly!! Then establish better gut flora because your gut only contains strains that are Mercury resistant. 

Look into Chris Shade which is the best IMO or you can do the Andrew Cutler protocol 

Either way, I hope you resolve the anxiety. Trust me, I know all about anxiety and how that alone can ruin your life.

• I know you mean well my Cheeseteak friend! I would challenge anyone to go through what I am and then tell me to "Man Up". Living  with this disease everyday is "Maning Up" because you don't have the resources biologically to flourish. My hormones are robbed, by brain chemistry is robbed, ATP production is robbed, can't use your brain, can't enjoy anything really, no friends, no job, no car, no money, no passion, no nothing. All I have is my family, the internet, and you guys!  I'm not saying this to be a debbie downer, I just want to explain to you what's going on, on this end to give you a better picture. 

2 small Mercury fillings is enough to do something but that's only half of your problem, you need to chelate properly!! Then establish better gut flora because your gut only contains strains that are Mercury resistant. 

Look into Chris Shade which is the best IMO or you can do the Andrew Cutler protocol 

Either way, I hope you resolve the anxiety. Trust me, I know all about anxiety and how that alone can ruin your life.

Listen meant no disrespect besides I was only speaking of You going to the dentist,You didn't mention any of these other things....plus I hear You.Been dealing with Clinical suicide level depression and Anxiety for 20+ Years...Who are Chris Shade and andrew cutleR?

• RodRod The Rodfather
    edited October 2013

Listen meant no disrespect besides I was only speaking of You going to the dentist,You didn't mention any of these other things....plus I hear You.Been dealing with Clinical suicide level depression and Anxiety for 20+ Years...Who are Chris Shade and andrew cutleR?

There was no way for me to have said that without sounding aggressive but I wasn't. I was saying that in a humble way just so you know. I know you meant no disrespect and that's why I just wanted to communicate with you. You are my bulletproof brother so  we are in this together! 

I want to tell you, there is something going on inside if you feel that way. Don't accept that you feel that way because you just do. You need to chelate! The problem is, things effect people in different ways so it's hard to catch. I would look for body/brain burden of heavy metals, hormones, neurotransmitter testing. If it wasn't for Dr.B and doing the hormone test, I would have never known to check for Lymes. That marker of cortisol for the immune system sent me in the right direction. 

Andrew Cutler was thought to have the best and safe protocol to chelate heavy metals and mercury. He uses ALA and DMSA. Usually you are giving a bigger dose of DMSA, DMPS, using a challenge and collect urine to see how much has come out. The problem is that pathway may be blocked so now you just pulled all the heavy metal/Mercury in to the blood stream and can't piss it out, gets reabsorbed, does damage. 

Chris Shade has a different way, much better IMO, he uses a binder in the gut so you utilize the bowls and take pressure off the liver and kidneys. He also claims if you clear the gut, the brain will push out the Mercury due to the gut brain axis. 

• Could I ask You what Your personal protocol is?very interested in this...

• RodRod The Rodfather

Could I ask You what Your personal protocol is?very interested in this...

Sure, in what regards?

• Rod, wanted to say thanks for all the great info you have posted regarding fillings. I have found it quite useful while searching the forums and thanks to you I have reached out to a IAOMT certified dentist and have a consultation at the end of the month to look into getting my 12 amalgam fillings removed. 

I am curious about what cost you should expect to be paying to have them all removed and replaced? I know every tooth is different but I am just curious to hear what others have paid for the same type of procedure as I will have limited funding to use. I certainly don't want to cut any corners when it comes to having them removed SAFELY but cost will be a factor in what I am able to do.

Thanks for all the great help thus far! Also, curious to know where you are in the process of the removal and detox? Have you had yours out yet?

• Rod, wanted to say thanks for all the great info you have posted regarding fillings. I have found it quite useful while searching the forums and thanks to you I have reached out to a IAOMT certified dentist and have a consultation at the end of the month to look into getting my 12 amalgam fillings removed. 

I am curious about what cost you should expect to be paying to have them all removed and replaced? I know every tooth is different but I am just curious to hear what others have paid for the same type of procedure as I will have limited funding to use. I certainly don't want to cut any corners when it comes to having them removed SAFELY but cost will be a factor in what I am able to do.

Thanks for all the great help thus far! Also, curious to know where you are in the process of the removal and detox? Have you had yours out yet?

================

I am pretty sure you can expect to pay near $100 dollars pure surface. So if you need a filling on 3 sides of your tooth.... etc. Idk, I dont have health insurance and am broke. I went to the dentist and they said I needed $2500 of work done. (6 cavities fillings, and need 1 crown.)

Never Stop Moving: Progress in some aspect of your life everyday, move forward in it, whether it be your job, school, body, mind, or relationships. Constantly better yourself!

• RodRod The Rodfather

Rod, wanted to say thanks for all the great info you have posted regarding fillings. I have found it quite useful while searching the forums and thanks to you I have reached out to a IAOMT certified dentist and have a consultation at the end of the month to look into getting my 12 amalgam fillings removed. 

Hi, you have to shop around but 13 fillings is costing me $3,500 and that's with a huge break. I also have to remove a root canal and two wisdom teeth, should cost at least another $600..sucks. I need a bridge after that's cosmetic so I won't count it. 

I will be using Chris Shades protocol, look for the "cube" it's the 3 month protocol. Depending on your tri-test values you may need to do it for longer. I recommend a Methylation/Detox panel  to check for any genetic problems. I have a mutation in my Gluthathione S-Trasnferase gene which sucks but I detox poorly so It's important to understand what your working with before detoxing. It's best to just go slow, save up for these test then move to the next thing. I have so much gut rebuilding to do AFTER chelation...I want to be MASTER OF THE GUT BIOME! lol 

Do you have a doctor to work with? 

I'm glad to help!!!

Austen, yea, that sounds right, it's crazy expensive so my 13 for $3,500 is a crazy deal I'm jumping on. IAMOT certified! If you can get to Mexico, you can get it done for 1/4th or 1/5th the price FULL HAL HUGGINS PROTOCOL!!!

• Yes I am going to be checking out Dr Messerman out of Beachwood, OH. 

That cost is around what I was expecting... Going to be an expensive endeavor!

Rod, thanks for the tips, I am going to look into Chris Shade when I have some free time.

• RodRod The Rodfather

Yes I am going to be checking out Dr Messerman out of Beachwood, OH. 

That cost is around what I was expecting... Going to be an expensive endeavor!

Rod, thanks for the tips, I am going to look into Chris Shade when I have some free time.

Sounds good, let me know if you have questions! 

• RodRod The Rodfather

I'm going to rip out my root canal on the 21st, it will be weird having a missing tooth but I'll fix that later. 2 wisdom teeth and 1 first molar, it's going to suck but at least I will be doing something VERY good for my body. ALL ROOT CANALS MUST GO!!!!

• I had my mercury removed a few years ago. What a relief.

I subsequently started on a raw paleo diet and have had no dental issues since. Raw fat seems to be the trick. I used to be a regular at the dentist and have had umpteen root canals, two bridges and was told I had periodental disease which is a mega expensive problem that never ends.

Since I started on the RPD with dairy my teeth are alive and well and I have not felt any of the discomfort that I used to.

Raw fat or lightly cooked fat will do the trick. Just chew it well.

Once you have the problems dealt with run a Rife device (Spooky) on dental infections. in the last year or two, I run it once in awhile, just to be sure as root canals have a history of not being a good idea because infection sometimes is trapped in the infected tooth and the filling traps it there so the infection works it's way to the blood supply where it sends out the toxins it produces to various parts of the body. These toxins can cause arthritis and a cornucopia of other diseases. 

Weston Price was a well known dentist back in the 1920s etc. He was quite clever and he had one patient that he did a root canal on. I cannot relate the whole story as I have forgotten but basically she got arthritis within a few months and it got progressively worse. Somehow he put two and two  together and connected her arthritis to the RC. So he removed the still rotten tooth (It had no root still in there so it could not feel the infection) and her arthritis cleared up. This started a craze which after awhile got out of control and then it got a bad reputation because Dentists started to randomly remove teeth with no understanding of what they were doing.

Your teeth are the endpoints of acupuncture meridians so you can follow the RC tooth to issues along that meridian.

• To take care of your teeth avoid the following

toothpaste - because it is a miracle of modern advertising. Unless you want a million dollar smile and are OK with keeping your dentists Volvo payments up.

Tooth cleanings at the dentist - This only seems like a good idea. You are actually just having your teeth shaved/ground down, and it won't just grow back no matter what nonsense they tell you. When you are old and your teeth are eroded to nothing, you will see my point.

sugar - like the plague. This is the single worst thing on your teeth. It matters not if the sugar is hidden in the fine print of the package of whatever garbage came in a box/can, even if it came from a health food store. (one of the worst places)

Very sour foods - In Ayurveda this sourness, particularly in some body types, can actually make it's way back up from the stomach to the teeth, where it will attack the teeth causing dental pain. Eventually not even local anaesthetic toothpastes or creams will stop the pain. I have one friend who's wife had dental pain so bad in all her teeth that she had the whole works removed, believe it or not. She used to like to drink a drink that was very sour and had lots of sugar in it. Removing her teeth did not stem the tide.

Powerful tastes in food - these tend to have the effect of eroding the teeth.

• RodRod The Rodfather

Alan, thank you for the info. Once you remove the Mercury, the bacteria in your mouth make biofilm on the teeth to protect it from Acids. I have one root canal and am removing it in next week, just going to pull it. I will bridge later but for now, I have to restore my health. After that, I attack the Mercury!!

• Adavan or sedation dentistry?

• RodRod The Rodfather

Local anesthetic...=( 

My dentist doesn't do conscious sedation for amalgam removal.

• I remember the mother of a friend of mine when I was a teen (I am 60) telling me about when she was young, having dental work done, before the days of any anaesthetic aside from booze. Now that is guts.

In one book I read (Wish I could remember where) the dentist spoke of some of the things that dentistry did. One thing was the heat that your teeth got up to when drilled for just a filling, even when using water cooling, was enough to basically cook the tooth rendering it lifeless.

Another thing that was mentioned is that when anything is bonded to the tooth you are setting up galvanic corrosion between the dissimilar materials. Meaning that electrons flowing from the part with excess electrons to the one with a paucity of them. This flow of electrons is electricity and it has a frequency of some variety just like a tDCS, CES EEG, etc. This could potentially be the cause of electrical energy being created in the area which just happens to be 'kissin cousin' to the brain.

This is amplified greatly by the use of gold or other metals and especially by posts put in for implants.

This spurious electrical noise could be in effect hacking your brain with frequencies in some bizarre fashion like a tDCS just ticking over day after day. It could potentially be creating some electrical brain injury that has wide reaching affects, maybe causing your toe to deform or your belly to distend... hunose

Weston Price discovered the wisdom of just yanking them out. However I will be keeping my bridges thank you. Also my bridges are made of as inert a material as I could get - porcelain. But they are so hard that they can wear the teeth on the opposite jaw.

Maybe it would be better to go with G. Washington's setup... lead base with horses and asses teeth on top and cows and human teeth on bottom

• RodRod The Rodfather

I'm off to get my two bottom wisdom teeth and 1 root canal pulled. SUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS!!!!

• RodRod The Rodfather

I remember the mother of a friend of mine when I was a teen (I am 60) telling me about when she was young, having dental work done, before the days of any anaesthetic aside from booze. Now that is guts.

In one book I read (Wish I could remember where) the dentist spoke of some of the things that dentistry did. One thing was the heat that your teeth got up to when drilled for just a filling, even when using water cooling, was enough to basically cook the tooth rendering it lifeless.

Another thing that was mentioned is that when anything is bonded to the tooth you are setting up galvanic corrosion between the dissimilar materials. Meaning that electrons flowing from the part with excess electrons to the one with a paucity of them. This flow of electrons is electricity and it has a frequency of some variety just like a tDCS, CES EEG, etc. This could potentially be the cause of electrical energy being created in the area which just happens to be 'kissin cousin' to the brain.

This is amplified greatly by the use of gold or other metals and especially by posts put in for implants.

This spurious electrical noise could be in effect hacking your brain with frequencies in some bizarre fashion like a tDCS just ticking over day after day. It could potentially be creating some electrical brain injury that has wide reaching affects, maybe causing your toe to deform or your belly to distend... hunose

Weston Price discovered the wisdom of just yanking them out. However I will be keeping my bridges thank you. Also my bridges are made of as inert a material as I could get - porcelain. But they are so hard that they can wear the teeth on the opposite jaw.

Maybe it would be better to go with G. Washington's setup... lead base with horses and asses teeth on top and cows and human teeth on bottom

Haha damn, that sucks!!! Pros and Cons of living in the olden days...shout out to George Washington!

Yea, I'm going to need a bridge, no way am I going to have a missing tooth...but that's later

UPDATE*** My root canal had an infection, I removed it and left the wisdom teeth as I didn't need to remove it for now. This is great because it was contributing to my symptoms/illness. I hope to get some gains from this. I put the amalgam off for a couple months. I'm getting hopeful, i'm going to body the hell out of this/these diseases! Slap the bacteria with some butter... lol 

• So glad there is some mercury awareness here.  I am still looking for the best way to detox this mercury out without feeling terrible.  I think I am just trying to go too fast.  Currently cycling through dmps, ala, bentonite clay internal and external, iodine, chlorella and spirulina, coffee enemas, liver cleanses.  

One important thing I have found is to keep track of the progress you have made because sometimes you can get discouraged.  I remember just a year ago the amount of anxiety, stammering, stuttering, and depression I had was 10x what it is now.  I still have serious yeast and immune system problems but my mind, energy, and motivation have all changed for the better.  I had 7 fillings and 1 dead tooth taken out.

I am pretty well versed on the mercury problem and about going to Mexico if anyone wants to message me.  I might be able to help.

• RodRod The Rodfather
    edited October 2013

Dmps is trash, either use Andrew Cutler protocol or Chris Shade if you can afford it. If you haven't done a Tri-Test, you are shooting in the blank I don't care what anyone says! 

I'm glad you are doing better, I just removed my dead tooth today. I still have 13 mercury fillings to go! 

• Why is DMPS trash Rod?  It takes the most mercury out compared to all the other chelators.  I am also taking an 30mg oral dose rather than injections just to clarify.  I have heard of bad things with intravenous DMPS but the oral dose seems safe to me.  I am also getting glutathione force any day now, so excited!

• i also have the same problem i must say. but in here there is no such new technology and also the pain level is very high. thats why i try to avoid them as much as i can.

:P

• Hey everyone, just wanted to post a quick update on what my experience was like. I visited Dr Messerman out of Beachwood, OH last week. Very impressive guy. He used to be the president of IAOMT and has practiced mercury free dentistry for 40 years. I had a full hour and a half long appointment just for my initial consultation. I had molds taken of my teeth, digital X-Rays and a panoramic x-ray as well as photos taken of my teeth.

The bad news in all of this is that the Doc told me I have the mouth of a 70 year old (I am 25). He said my diet is far better than his and that I have probably gravitated towards a healthy lifestyle early on because I was hypersensitive to feelings of inflammation and exhaustion from the tax on my body all the mercury and root canals have caused. 

Next step is to get some roots removed from a broken dead tooth at oral surgeon the Doc recommended (next month) then a follow up consultation to go over next steps and cost in early December.

I will keep everyone posted! Good luck to all of you and thanks for sharing!

• RodRod The Rodfather

Why is DMPS trash Rod?  It takes the most mercury out compared to all the other chelators.  I am also taking an 30mg oral dose rather than injections just to clarify.  I have heard of bad things with intravenous DMPS but the oral dose seems safe to me.  I am also getting glutathione force any day now, so excited!

Cutler:

<< My doc friend told me that last year their was a bad batch of DMPS that
    went
    out from one pharmacy and alot of patients got sick. >>

That doesn't account for all the patients who got sick before that, after
    that, and on other batches.

This is typical of the "DMPS worshipper" milieu - make excuses rather than
    figure out what happened. Please don't get me wrong - they are still doing
    better than the "AMA worshipping" sect which steadfastly refuses to believe
    there is any problem at all. Also, since the "AMA worshippers" are
    conducting an inquisition in which they attempt to burn the licenses to
    practice medicine of the "DMPS worshippers" at the stake for being heretical
    it is difficult for the "DMPS worshippers" to be open and honest about any
    problems that may be occurring.

There have been large numbers of well documented adverse reactions to DMPS
    from all sources I am aware exist, throughout the 1990's and continuing
    today. The problem was not "a bad batch of DMPS." The problem is a bad
    batch of doctors who don't pay attention to what happens with their patients.

Andy Cutler

I wouldn't touch it, you have been warned my friend! 

i also have the same problem i must say. but in here there is no such new technology and also the pain level is very high. thats why i try to avoid them as much as i can.

:P

I found out if you feel pain, your dentist SUCKS, they should learn to numb you correctly. I kinda lost my fear...

• RodRod The Rodfather

Hey everyone, just wanted to post a quick update on what my experience was like. I visited Dr Messerman out of Beachwood, OH last week. Very impressive guy. He used to be the president of IAOMT and has practiced mercury free dentistry for 40 years. I had a full hour and a half long appointment just for my initial consultation. I had molds taken of my teeth, digital X-Rays and a panoramic x-ray as well as photos taken of my teeth.

The bad news in all of this is that the Doc told me I have the mouth of a 70 year old (I am 25). He said my diet is far better than his and that I have probably gravitated towards a healthy lifestyle early on because I was hypersensitive to feelings of inflammation and exhaustion from the tax on my body all the mercury and root canals have caused. 

Next step is to get some roots removed from a broken dead tooth at oral surgeon the Doc recommended (next month) then a follow up consultation to go over next steps and cost in early December.

I will keep everyone posted! Good luck to all of you and thanks for sharing!

Hello, 

Thank you, fantastic! Get the those root canals out or dead teeth. I just pulled my Root canal, it had a hidden infection, prob for more than 10 years....good luck, keep us updated!!

• Hello, 

Thank you, fantastic! Get the those root canals out or dead teeth. I just pulled my Root canal, it had a hidden infection, prob for more than 10 years....good luck, keep us updated!!

Rod,

I had an infection like that years ago. It would get painful and I would just suck it up and bear with it for a few days. Then when I finally went to the dentist I discovered that the infection had actually eaten away a fair portion of my jaw.