Any Women Have Successful Weightloss

Comments

• PaigePaige BPIF
    I lost 10 lbs. on IF but have just started the Rapid Fat Loss Protocol (RFLP). The first 2 days have been surprisingly very easy. I'll keep everyone posted...
  • Lisa: 200g of carbs is that the weight of the rice/sweet potatoes?

Is it best to do refeeds on workout days? Or the day after?

Do you think a "fasting day" of green juices would be a good idea? As a way to take a protein-break?

Thanks!
  • edited August 2012
    'Trevor wrote:

I think one of the biggest things for woman to do is get a hormone pannel and check everything out.

This day and age we have things influencing hormonal balance at every turn.

+1 on hormone measurement - if hormones are off, it could be a lot harder to change

+1 on the "% body fat" as a measure...my weight is the same today as it was 3yrs ago, yet the waist is different (more fat in one case, more muscle in the other). With any measurement, having enough clean data (calibrated, and sampled the same way) can help to show if there are trends or other useful insights, along with data on what the other factors are (diet, activity levels, hormone levels, etc)

+1 on the MCT comment - at first, I was eating bulletproof but was injured and was not very active...my belly fat looked to reduce a little as I cut back on MCT over the course of 2 weeks. This might have just been a simple case of being within a few hundred calories of what was a balance for my activity level (near zero). Now that I'm more active, increasing MCT does not seem to be effecting my belly size!
  • @relaygirl Are you doing the BP IF or the Rapid Fat Loss protocol. I also do crossfit 4 or 5 times a week. I have about 15lb I want to lose to get back to competition weight. I'm wondering which method will allow me to keep training and not over-stress my body.

@Lisa what are your thoughts?
  • Hi Meg! Dave explicitly states that the RFLP is only for people in a great hurry to loose weight. He recommends BP IF for any one else. So if you a looking to avoid stressing your body, I would say go for BP IF. Maybe someone who has tried both has other advice image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Good luck!
  • I'm a 50 y.o. peri-menopausal woman with about 30lbs. to lose, and I've been doing BP IF for about 10 days now and have gained 4 lbs! I'm using 30g. kerrygold and 30g. c.o. in my 500ml of coffee, and splitting it into 2 servings, 1 at around 6-6:30am and the other around 11am. I break my fast as close to 2pm as possible, and have my 2nd meal around 7-8pm. I do about 30 minutes of strength training 3x a week in the morning, fasted. Keeping protein moderate, about 4oz each meal. Help!!
    Today is my day to be the woman I've always dreamed of being.
  • @Meg I was confused--I BP IF--I love it. I have upped my crossfit to 3/4 days and I run the other days. I am a runner and it has definitely affected my running which I expected. I just had to prioritize what was important to me right now. I still run but I can't get any speed. But it is getting better. I've been reading a lot about fat adapted runners and it takes a while.

But I never fatigue past what I think is normal in crossfit and I am able to do the wod's fine.

I am gaining muscle. I slowed on weight loss but I honestly see so many body changes, I am sure it is me gaining muscle and losing fat. My belly and upper thighs are where I carry fat-always. I was grossly overweight for years-I abused my body--and I bear those scars with stretch marks and loose skin now--but it looks deflated-just this week my belly started looking like this. So hopefully when I lose the fat I can get my skin to recede a little too.

goddesslynne-keep going! I think when we have dieted so much and we age our bodies take a lot longer to adjust-stay the course!
  • Thanks relaygirl! It's up again today, but I received my BP Coffee and MCT oil yesterday!! First time using it today, wow, what a mess!! Grinding beans, measuring water, and the MCT oil went all over when I tried to measure into my ninja!! ACK!! Hope tomorrow goes smoother!! The actual grinding and brewing only take 5 minutes, but the cleanup was another 10!! btw, I used 30g. of kerrygold and 9g. of mct. Starting slow.
  • I am concerned about caffeine and adrenals. Most women suffer from adrenal fatigue. During one post, it was said to take salt and adrenal supplements, but how and when was not answered. Dr. Wilcox, who wrote one of the best books on adrenal fatigue, said that salt is needed for people who tend to have low blood pressure. I find when I take salt in water I feel much better. However, I'm sure Wilcox would have a fit regarding the caffeine. I am wondering if the butter and mct oil blunts the stress effect on the adrenals? If the adrenals are already stressed, and more stress is put on them with caffeine, followed by more stress of fasting, the body will hold on to weight.
  • 'Paige' wrote:

I lost 10 lbs. on IF but have just started the Rapid Fat Loss Protocol (RFLP). The first 2 days have been surprisingly very easy. I'll keep everyone posted...

Well how did it go, Paige??? What is really annoying on this forum is having people say I'm starting such and such a protocol TODAY here are my stats and I'll keep everyone posted then after a couple of posts they FAIL TO KEEP EVERYONE POSTED! Like if you're not going to follow through on it why bother telling us that you're starting???

• Well how did it go, Paige??? What is really annoying on this forum is having people say I'm starting such and such a protocol TODAY here are my stats and I'll keep everyone posted then after a couple of posts they FAIL TO KEEP EVERYONE POSTED! Like if you're not going to follow through on it why bother telling us that you're starting???

I second this. Whoever does things like RFLP should post back with their experience. That's what I did at least (mixed results, benefit was mainly psychological for me, weight seems to creep up again for most people after stopping the fast to the level it was before).
  • www.optimoz.com.au

Upgraded products for Aussies AND NOW NZ!!

• I'm a 50 y.o. peri-menopausal woman with about 30lbs. to lose, and I've been doing BP IF for about 10 days now and have gained 4 lbs! I'm using 30g. kerrygold and 30g. c.o. in my 500ml of coffee, and splitting it into 2 servings, 1 at around 6-6:30am and the other around 11am. I break my fast as close to 2pm as possible, and have my 2nd meal around 7-8pm. I do about 30 minutes of strength training 3x a week in the morning, fasted. Keeping protein moderate, about 4oz each meal. Help!!

Have had any improvements since August?
  • edited November 2012
    I lost 11bs my first week on rflp and this week 6lbs its hard work but effective! I now find loose skin on my arms and stomach and dont know how to deal with it

• Have had any improvements since August?

No, sadly it went from bad to worse. I did receive my bp coffee and mct oil, and my recipe was 20g. kerrygold, 11g. mct and 9g. co with 500ml. coffee. Split into 2 servings as I mentioned above. However, the weight kept coming on and I'm now facing an excess of 45lbs. Needless to say, I discontinued the bp coffee, but I'm thinking of revisiting it again. I'm just not sure how to manage my ridiculous hormones!! Now on bioidentical hr therapy. Hard to know what to do...