Any Females Who Just Started Or Have Been Here For Awhile

Comments

• I've been reading a bit more about the pink salt and found some info on the 'sole' method, is anybody else taking their salt in this way?

• I've been reading a bit more about the pink salt and found some info on the 'sole' method, is anybody else taking their salt in this way?

I have done before cocoacat, but for convenience I'm using the fine stuff rather than rock.  It dissolves very fast.

• Thanks KarenG, Im thinking to make some of the sole this weekend and have it ready to go now that my supplements have arrived! I noticed you said that you try to make it to 2pm with just the bp coffee, Skye recommends in her book that women should aim for 1pm, just thought I would mention it just in case that last hour was killing you, I know I would find going that long really hard. I get hungry anyway depending though on how busy I am. I wish I could have more bp coffee in work before 1pm, it would really help but havent really got the kit together yet to make in there, another preoccupation for me there :) 

• Thanks KarenG, Im thinking to make some of the sole this weekend and have it ready to go now that my supplements have arrived! I noticed you said that you try to make it to 2pm with just the bp coffee, Skye recommends in her book that women should aim for 1pm, just thought I would mention it just in case that last hour was killing you, I know I would find going that long really hard. I get hungry anyway depending though on how busy I am. I wish I could have more bp coffee in work before 1pm, it would really help but havent really got the kit together yet to make in there, another preoccupation for me there :)

Hey cocoacat.  My book arrived today and I spotted 1pm - yay!  I bought myself a contigo heatproof and leakproof container in Target this week.  It keeps my bulletproof hot for 4 hours, so I have one coffee before I leave for work and take one with me to drink throughout the morning.  Problem solved!

• edited October 2014

cocoacat.  I take the pink salt if I feel out of synch.  It seems to work in minutes for me, so maybe I should take it regardless as a supplement rather when I feel I need it - like Skye says in the morning.  Today I have upped my fat intake to 83% and lowered my protein slightly.  It seems high but I feel better for it.  I will weigh myself on Friday.  Also taking mag. and pott. at night.

Karen-

That's about the ratio I use. I'm constantly experimenting with myself and I noticed I was kinda stalling out recently. Turns out my protein intake was a little too high. Sometimes, especially when lifting super heavy, I gotta remind myself that low carb does not mean high protein.

No Fail Fat Burning for Women available on Amazon now!

Find out how I hacked my way to health, conquered PCOS, endometriosis, and lost 15% bodyfat in my forties.

Hey Cocoa-

You don't have to be strict with the times, just ensure you're staying fasted (having the PB coffee ok) 16-18 hours.

If you are hungry, eat. And by hunger I mean physical hunger, not craving. Hunger is your body's way of telling you your hormones are crashing. There is NO STARVING ALLOWED here. Have some fat (butter, a little avocado) and see if you can make it through your fast. If that doesn't do it for you, eat. But look at pg 20 about the difference between hunger and craving.

Get yourself an inexpensive little aerolatte and you can make BP coffee anywhere. Do not let yourself go fasting via starving. It will not help. Keep on rocking. You got this.

No Fail Fat Burning for Women available on Amazon now!

Find out how I hacked my way to health, conquered PCOS, endometriosis, and lost 15% bodyfat in my forties.

• edited October 2014
    Hi ladies! I'm on day 6... Not quite bulletproof yet, but maybe bullet-resistant! Haha :) And I've lost 6 lbs...

I had been doing Jenny Craig, but I'm a natural carnivore, so this suits me far better. I'm still in the process of implementing some parts, like all of the supplements. I find the site content to be somewhat choppy and unless it's a problem with my browser, the blog isn't laid out in a way that flows at all. After a week of linking to each topic, I think I've got a pretty good handle on most of it. I feel like I'm still a little unsure of what supplements to take as some of the articles and posts give different recommendations. I already take potassium and magnesium (but will switch them to evening instead of morning) and eat pink Himalayan salt. I take a few of the others also, but it looks like not in the best form. Restocking with Dave's recommendations has my Amazon cart over $300 so I'll have to implement in steps.

So far I'm love love loving the way of eating. Any diet that not only allows, but encourages butter and salt, makes Tammy a very happy girl! I made the BP ice cream today and can't even describe this level of foodgasm! I made a chocolate version that tastes EXACTLY like my "famous" made-from-scratch brownies! I admit I was eating Kerrygold cheese this week until I finally found the shopping list; looks like that's out. Otherwise I've been eating BP with 100% grass-fed beef, wild-caught fish, veggies and butter.

I hate coffee and don't care for tea, so I've been trying to figure out how to do the BP coffee. Today I bought some organic tea (I'll buy Upgraded tea if this works) and made it with that. I didn't like it, but didn't hate it once I added xylitol. Once I get used to it, I'll try to start adding a little coffee and see if I can develop a taste for it. Any other suggestions? I thought about maybe adding a spoon of the BP ice cream to it.

Sorry for the long post, I'm looking forward to catching up on the forums and getting to know everyone. Cheers!
  • Oh, I meant to add.... I actually found the BP site while looking up information about a rare cancer I had. After cancer treatments and surgical removal of part of my leg, I have a mostly paralyzed foot and that leg is extremely prone to swelling, which causes pretty severe pain. Blah blah blah, all that to say, I'm truly doing this for more than weight loss. I'm at a very high risk for recurrence, so it's important that I do everything I can to stay cancer-free! Saying goodbye to the 30 lbs I've gained since my surgeries would be very welcome, though!

I haven't started reading about exercise recommendations, but that's next. With my limitations, there are a lot of things I can no longer do, but I'm determined!
  • Welcome TammyBites.  Few of us just just starting out here so you are in good company. I'm sorry to hear about your illness.  I hope this helps you with full recovery.

I don't have any recommendations for replacing tea and coffee, but you could just still follow the protocol without it I guess.  I have eaten Kerrygold off a spoon with pink salt sprinkled on it when I don't fancy a drink but want to get my fat intake up. Alongside the pink salt,  I do find the upgraded charcoal a godsend as I have hardly had any detox symptoms.  I started this week on the glutathione force but it is the most disgusting thing I have ever eaten in my whole life!

Yesterday I bought a pull up bar.  Can't even do one and even when I tried to do it in reverse I really really struggled.  Anyway we all have to have goals and I'm determined.  Good luck with your journey!

• hey ladies.

I am returning, but since I am just keeping to the higher fat approach again I'm not letting the choices be to restrictive. I try to get as organic and grass fed as I can if availble, but have to do with whats around and trying to just go from too much protein to more fat. Therefore, cheese and dairy may be in my approach, also just keeping to maintaining or see what happens.

today second day and deffintly got super hungry but going strong at a huge fatty lunch after my light breakfast.

so far day one was ok and today woke up light feeling and still same weight no matter that the calories were so high and salt was more than I normally would have.

However, ate alot more so far in the beginning of the day from fat calories. Now feel pretty good after lunch actually really well, bit sick feeling from extreme fat intake.

However, staying strong and keeping it fat high so far! lol

Hope you all the best today :)

• Hi ladies! I'm almost done with week #2 and haven't lost any additional weight. That's a little frustrating, as I was hoping that would be a nice side-effect. I've been having BP tea in the morning, then a small amount of GF meat and some veggies with butter in the afternoon. Same thing for dinner, then some BP ice cream before bed. I feel good, but do admit I feel a touch weak. I did my carb refeed day last weekend, and am looking forward to it again tomorrow or Sunday. I'm not even sure I did it right. I ate a bunch of winter squash, but no other carbs. Thoughts? I also wonder if I'm feeling weaker because I'm not doing all of the supplements yet. I'm ordering them this week. I'm not really working out yet, rather am approaching this one step at a time. I'm up and around a lot during the day at work, but am looking forward to getting to where I have the energy and knowledge to start on a BP exercise plan.

I hope you've all had a safe, happy, and healthy week! Cheers!!!
  • HI TammyBites.  Wondered if you are eating enough.  .  The salt helps if you are feeling off base, but by now you should be feeling great.  I'm feeling great but nothing weight or fat loss wise is happening yet.  However I know from experience it takes my body a few weeks to get the message so I'm just going to plug away and give it longer.

• Hi Tammy hope ur having a good day. I'm curious about the BP ice cream, husband likes ice cream and I would like a little treat too. I Picked up a second hand cuisinart ice cream maker this morning and am going to make it tomorrow night, is it as satisfying as everyone says?
  • HI TammyBites.  Wondered if you are eating enough.  .  The salt helps if you are feeling off base, but by now you should be feeling great.  I'm feeling great but nothing weight or fat loss wise is happening yet.  However I know from experience it takes my body a few weeks to get the message so I'm just going to plug away and give it longer.

I wondered the same thing. One "problem" I've noticed is that I'm almost never hungry. I got all of my supplements today, so I'm going to try to eat a little more during my late lunch and dinner and hope that combo helps. I eat a lot of the pink Himalayan salt, but haven't started just drinking it in water yet. Blech!

Hi Tammy hope ur having a good day. I'm curious about the BP ice cream, husband likes ice cream and I would like a little treat too. I Picked up a second hand cuisinart ice cream maker this morning and am going to make it tomorrow night, is it as satisfying as everyone says?

OMG yes yes yes! I just made two batches of vanilla and one batch of chocolate today. It's amazing. I don't even use an ice cream maker and it turns out perfect. I made one batch of each last weekend, had one bowl each night and two big spoonfuls in my BP tea each morning and it lasted me exactly one week. I like mine a little sweeter, so I use 8 Tbl of the xylitol and some extra vanilla extract. For the chocolate, I added a little less than 1/4 c quality cocoa powder (next time I'll add a bit less), some almond extract and some Ceylon cinnamon. It tastes exactly like my from-scratch brownies!