Cannabis And Hrv

I was just listening to the latest podcast and thought it was interesting hearing them talk about this. I have 2 friends who I've let use my emwave and both of them seem to have good luck with raising their coherence after vaporizing. Almost without fail, whenever they'd take a hit, the light on the emwave turns green (and of course the fact that its green results in all sort of puns). One of them tended to cough more than the other and of course that would lead to immediate low-coherence, followed by returning to high (another great pun) coherence. 

I wonder how other substances affect coherence. What does alcohol do to HRV?

Comments

• RodRod The Rodfather

How long can they stay in coherence? 

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions [email protected] 

• its just been a couple times, but one of them stayed in the green at the low challenge level for about 15 min. the other one stayed in the green except after coughing for about 5 min. or so. i didn't save the data since i don't have the desktop version where you can have multiple users....one of these days i might have to upgrade. 

• RodRod The Rodfather

Yea, it's all good about the data, that's cool! I'm thinking about using THC but idk, I already have brain fog and lots of jacked up symptoms, I don't want to make anything worse. I might bring it up to my doctor see what he thinks.   

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions [email protected] 

• If you have legal access to it, go for high CBD strains, or CBD extracts, or even eating/juicing raw marijuana. It won't affect you in the same manner as a strain with a high THC content, and eating raw marijuana is non-psychoactive.

http://equilibriohm.wordpress.com/

http://biohacksblog.com/

Natural ability without education has more often raised a man to glory and virtue than education without natural ability. - Marcus Aurelius 

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

Time to take out my old pipe then, unused for years :D Who would have thought...

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• hzahza ✭✭

Hearing the podcast, it got me wondering if mycotoxins might have been to blame for the reaction that guy had.  130 bpm for 3 hours to me is an indication that something beyond just the normal thc effect is taking place.  Makes sense that weed could get damp, mold up a little bit, or dirty pipe, etc, lots of ways for toxins to form.

• RodRod The Rodfather

If you have legal access to it, go for high CBD strains, or CBD extracts, or even eating/juicing raw marijuana. It won't affect you in the same manner as a strain with a high THC content, and eating raw marijuana is non-psychoactive.

I just hit up our local dispensary and inquired, in the mean time, http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cannabis-Oil-RSHO-Real-Scientific-Hemp-Oil-One-3-Gram-Tube-SUBMIT-BEST-OFFER-/261280694892?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cd58b026c

• which podcast was this? was it the one where dave was answering questions and one was 'is weed bulletproof' . i think he went on to say somthing like weed sends you into an alpha wave state but if your trying to make personal changes you should avoid weed because it inhibits change on any longterm basis . does any one know what im talking about or have links and info about this?

• I plan to do experiments on the effects of caffeine, piracetam and CILTEP on HRV using HeartMath and HRVsense technology.  I'd love to do tests with THC as well, but I'd need to think about the best way to set that up so as not to interfere with my daily functioning too much.  I'm also still thinking through what data I'd collect and how I'd represent it.  If anybody wants to collaborate on this with me, contact me privately and we can discuss.

• THC can have a profound effect on HRV. Using only tincture extract in a vaporizing pen (least amount of substance needs to be inhaled with the greatest effect) immediately will put you into high coherence. The problem comes from the age old tale of paranoia, if you have something to worry about (such as the illegality of the substance itself) it can very, very quickly throw you out of coherence. That being said THC can be a powerful tool for HRV, meditation, creativity and simply a great de-stresser when used correctly. I am excited to see Colorado legalizing not just because I would love to vacation there  :cool: but because I think a lot of great research will come out of the state. I think THC use, despite new vaporizing technologies, is very much in its infancy.

• What about cannabidol? It doesn't contain THC, but it's said to be effective.

I'm really going to look into getting a medical marijuana card soon.

THC can have a profound effect on HRV. Using only tincture extract in a vaporizing pen (least amount of substance needs to be inhaled with the greatest effect) immediately will put you into high coherence. The problem comes from the age old tale of paranoia, if you have something to worry about (such as the illegality of the substance itself) it can very, very quickly throw you out of coherence. That being said THC can be a powerful tool for HRV, meditation, creativity and simply a great de-stresser when used correctly. I am excited to see Colorado legalizing not just because I would love to vacation there  :cool: but because I think a lot of great research will come out of the state. I think THC use, despite new vaporizing technologies, is very much in its infancy.

• To take an effective dose, you would have to down a quarter of the bottle.  That is going to get expensive!  Here is a more cost effective product that is on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Cibdex-CBD-Capsules-25mg-each/dp/B00HWKZ8VC/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&d

There has got to be cheaper stuff yet in some of the California dispensaries.  Let us know when you get your paperwork sorted.

• are you sure that is legitimate cbd? i wouldn't think they could ship that unless it was from one medicinal state to another and you would need a card...if it IS legit...wow. cure for cancer up for sale on amazon?!

• Right now, the FDA is in flux with CBD.  It is currently unregulated as long as it contains zero THC.  At four hundred dollars a month, it is a very expensive supplement.  I wonder if it is any cheaper in California or Colorado.