What Really Happens When Our Brains Fall In Love

I have been curious about this.  My dating life in the past always involved women that wanted to settle down like marriage wise and I can never see myself married.  So, for the past two years I have kept dating in the background to focus on my career hardcore!  I have made several leaps brain wise!  I have a great routine!  I'm not bragging but I do learn things ridiculously quickly, and upgraded brain octane is like premium fuel for my hybrid brain going zooom.  I love learning and love trying different hobbies on the weekend for this reason.

I have good friends but no one that takes self improvement as seriously as I do.  If I dated someone I would want them to be bulletproof, because when you realize you can do twice as much in half the time, it is hard to waste time on anyone that does not empower or lift your spirits. 

I am happy and for no damn reason! 

I am a lesbian, and even though it is a limited dating pool, I feel I have a good number of dating prospects but time is precious especially since I'm 35 now.

I love my brain, my ability, my strength and independence.  On the other hand I do want to share, build something and be part of something with someone.

So what are the pros and cons bulletproof-wise?  What are your experiences?

Comments

• I can't imagine dating now with all the stuff I do upon waking, before sleeping and while asleep. None of it is dating friendly, but I wouldn't want to give up any of the benefits/data I get from it. Then there's the eating. I've not eaten out much this year at all and barely have anything to feed anyone who's not bulletproof. I'm also not that interested in eating 'BAD' food to make someone else happy.

Maybe the single life is more bulletproof.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

•  

Maybe the single life is more bulletproof.

yeah, its pretty challenging to find someone who would want to be a part of my life/that i would want in my life with my weird lifestyle and taste preferences. i'm a lot more committed to my lifestyle and doing what seems best to me than i am in trying to compromise to fit into someone else's life. besides, who wants to live with a DRUMMER? 

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

Oh My God... Good to see I'm not alone with this attitude. It still worries me a bit that I can't make myself commit to anybody because I want a family in the future, but can't imagine my life with somebody else, I feel there is still no place in it for an all time partner. Sometimes it seems people around me have such an easy time to find commitment, and I'm not even interested in it. Especially not with someone who doesn't care about self-improvement and health. But I keep telling myself, I'm exactly where I need to be on my way.

Good to see there are some others out there who are "still" single "on purpose".

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• I agree with you all, I never felt comfortable with finding the right person because even if I dated It was hard to get around that I have a whole lifestyle thing = TO BE HEALTHY,  and a routine I follow day by day. Now that my routine is helping me, why would I lose that at this point to date and not be able to follow what is working for me.

It just seems difficult, I think the only times when I did date I had to make it work with my time slots, and ask to not go eat out anyplace . So really was a way to save lol but really made it more like lets do something else, go to the movies, or hangout with friends, etc.. walk to the shore etc..

but always felt it was hard to mess up my routine to be there with another, who didn't have any health sense and ate anything

• edited October 2013

Believe it or not, there are others out there who are just as crazy/enthusiastic/eccentric/whatever as you are. It's just the matter of finding them.

Also, our vision of a perfect partner changes from time to time. There is no "the perfect partner" - more often than not the person you date becomes your perfect partner even though they may have different qualities than you originally wanted. This is because relationships are about sacrifice and compromise, finding someone who will put up with your quirky habits while you do the same for them. 

I personally would rather meet a girl and have the opportunity to teach her about the Bulletproof lifestyle and see how much of an improvement I can make in her life, than spend my time trying to find someone who is already living along those lines. While many people say they hate their partners trying to change them, it's not about that. It's about giving them the opportunity to change if the want to. I've found that one of the best things about a relationship is being able to see my partner experience things for the first time. 

• yeah, but what happens when the teaching isn't mutual? sometimes i think that creates a conflict for people, because then one person ends up being more of a "teacher", which can throw off the balance of the relationship. i think it'd be ideal to find someone who is both open to learning and has knowledge to offer as well.

i don't think a solid relationship is completely impossible, but i think it is easy for people to stress over their lack of a solid relationship in a way that lessens their quality of life. i know i could've spent more of my time in my early teen years focusing on other things besides how lonely i was. to me it makes more sense  to focus on optimizing my life as it is, and if some awesome woman finds their way in to my life then awesome, if not, that's awesome too. being single and having a relationship both have their benefits, and the grass is often greener on the other side. 

• I'm going to counter the group here. To me, being married is bulletproof. If I can't share my life with the person I love, then I'm doing something wrong. My wife and I often disagree about lifestyle, and I am the crazy Biohacker of the two of us. That said, I can't imagine my life without her, and sometimes we try new "bulletproof" things together. It's amazing how you can grow with someone when you have the right motivation. I find that by not being "in your face" about it, people are very often inclined to ask me what I'm doing to lose weight, feel great, improve my cognitive function. Real truth is contagious and spreads naturally if you let it.
  • DemixlDemixl
    edited July 25

I have been curious about this.  My dating life in the past always involved women that wanted to settle down like marriage wise and I can never see myself married.  So, for the past two years I have kept dating in the background to focus on my career hardcore!  I have made several leaps brain wise!  I have a great routine!  I'm not bragging but I do learn things ridiculously quickly, and upgraded brain octane is like premium fuel for my hybrid brain going zooom.  I love learning and love trying different hobbies on the weekend for this reason.

I have good friends but no one that takes self improvement as seriously as I do.  If I dated someone I would want them to be bulletproof, because when you realize you can do twice as much in half the time, it is hard to waste time

I am a lesbian, and even though it is a limited dating pool, I feel I have a good number of dating prospects but time is precious especially since I'm 35 now.

I love my brain, my ability, my strength and independence.  On the other hand I do want to share, build something and be part of something with someone.

wow, I guess that you're brave enough to say what you really think about, and you know, if you want to feel something out of the ordinary, then you have to try serious relationship, you have to be in love and to accept someone's love! (I've never been thinking I will say something like this...) Personally, my live changed dramatically after the case when I met a girl when I was in Asia due to dating site about which you can read hornyasia review, and you know, she changed my mind, because I was in love in her... It was awesome feeling like you're flying and something is going on in your stomach... It's something incredible, because I feel like a teenager, and everything is due to simple coincidence that I used that dating site in proper place and at proper time...

• @Demixl said:

I have good friends but no one that takes self improvement as seriously as I do.  If I dated someone I would want them to be bulletproof, because when you realize you can do twice as much in half the time, it is hard to waste time

wow, I guess that you're brave enough to say what you really think about, and you know, if you want to feel something out of the ordinary, then you have to try serious relationship, you have to be in love and to accept someone's love! (I've never been thinking I will say something like this...) Personally, my live changed dramatically after the case when I met a girl when I was in Asia due to dating site about which you can read hornyasia review, and you know, she changed my mind, because I was in love in her... It was awesome feeling like you're flying and something is going on in your stomach... It's something incredible, because I feel like a teenager, and everything is due to simple coincidence that I used that dating site in proper place and at proper time...

do you think it will actually help??