Passive Income Sites

StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

No, this isn't a spambot!

Stumbled onto this site the other day, and its got my interest in creating a passive income site back into swing.

http://www.smartpassiveincome.com/niche-site-challenge-duel/

Its a little old, but the author has laid out everything, for free, that he did to create a keyword focused website that pays him an income. Looking at the other section of his site where he openly shows how much he makes, this site a few years on is making him a few grand per month. Nice.

A friend of mine uses a service called SiteBuildIt! which I've tried but didn't have much success with.

Has anyone here done anything like this? Anyone got any tips? I'm sure if we can hack our bodies to become the healthiest people in the world, we can hack the internet to chuck us a few dollars so we don't have to waste our time working!

Comments

• RodRod The Rodfather

Stumbled onto this site the other day, and its got my interest in creating a passive income site back into swing.

Its a little old, but the author has laid out everything, for free, that he did to create a keyword focused website that pays him an income. Looking at the other section of his site where he openly shows how much he makes, this site a few years on is making him a few grand per month. Nice.

A friend of mine uses a service called SiteBuildIt! which I've tried but didn't have much success with.

Has anyone here done anything like this? Anyone got any tips? I'm sure if we can hack our bodies to become the healthiest people in the world, we can hack the internet to chuck us a few dollars so we don't have to waste our time working!

I had a friend do this but it was time consuming. They are smart because the challenge alone will generate traffic....I had a few niche sites but we kept getting new ideas and we kept changing and growing. I need to hack the money department too! 

As far as a tip...if you have an idea, partner up with a web guy.

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions Consultwithrod@live.com 

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

I tried doing one with the sitebuildit system and yeah it was time consuming! Didn't make a cent although I spent a LOT on their system. It put me off for a while, but this new discovery has me interested again. A friend of mine makes ~USD$80k/year from one niche site, which is their main income source! Their advice was simply use sitebuildit...  :-|

I do software testing for a job, so I'm well into the IT world. Its almost embarassing that I haven't done something like this yet, haha :-D

• RodRod The Rodfather

Whaaaaa? maybe time to revisit! Did you ask him if that was from traffic or from selling thing? Yea, I was in IT too! I know the feeling...

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions Consultwithrod@live.com 

Theirs is from affiliate sales mainly. Its a nice gig if you find the right niche. The BP world is cutting edge, there are plenty of niche subjects here that we could take advantage of!

I write my own blog but its just for fun at the moment... maybe its time to use that effort properly, hehehe

• RodRod The Rodfather

Yea, go for it mate lol I got your back =) 

• MaverickAzzMaverickAzz Powerful

Certainly looks like I should get off my ass and finish my blog! I've got a list of over 40 topics to cover too... and that doesn't include the opinion pieces on news articles & research that would pop up too.

No sorcery, just science. 

40 is more than enough!

I've already started writing. Got three posts going already. This will be interesting!

Just nabbed hackyoursleep.com

Couldn't believe it was available, hack your everything else was already gone.

Nice one! 

I grabbed aaronlorch.com because I'm an egotistical asshole ;)

• I've got a few health related websites - mainly UK if I can get on this somehow ?

I've got grassfedbutter.co.uk

• I mean domains !

Have a read of that site I posted in the OP. Keyword research, man! :-D

• Great topic and excellent link Steven. As will happen with me, I got totally obsessed, read most of his website and registered a couple of domains. Now I'm wondering if I've gone off the deep end and not sure how much work I'll need to do it right. He has a great post on doing a good website launch, but it really does require quite a bit of work. 

Also, he's just started a version 2.0 of the Niche Market Duel.

I registered biohackingnews.com and biohackingtips.com. I started the first one with a basic template and such, but really haven't worked on a proper launch. Let me know if you have any suggestions or think the idea is unsound. I'd like it to be a place to keep up with new podcasts, news items and so forth on various biohacking topics.

I just installed the new template yesterday and there's still issues with it, and I still need to create a proper logo and so forth, so really I'm thinking the site is kind of under the radar for now. Any feedback appreciated though!

Thanks,

Tom

Biohacking News 

Tracking biohacking developments and the movement to realize a higher level of human potential.

Good stuff, Tom! Post any cool resources that you find in this thread. That would be much appreciated!

If you're serious about getting some logos etc, try www.99designs.com

What if we check to see if there are any Bulletproof graphic designers first? Help keep it in the family, so to speak!

What if we check to see if there are any Bulletproof graphic designers first? Help keep it in the family, so to speak!

===== 

Good idea. Taking it further, we should use this thread to share any cool links, services, etc, we find along the way!

• Thanks guys! Here's a forum for internet marketing that looks pretty promising, seems very active: Warrior Forum. There's a ton of info on there about niche sites and even a lot of people who will create one for you for about $100. I may actually try one just cause that's such a small price to just test the waters and it's certainly cheaper than my time to do it myself. I'll report back if I do.

And yes, if anyone reading this is a graphic designer and would like to do a logo, please get in touch! I've also used NetMen in the past with great success.

This seems to be a free site launch platform that might be worth a shot: LaunchRock. I think they give you some free services with optional upsell marketing and so forth. 

So I'm thinking for biohackingtips.com to do something more of a community site, where people could contribute tips and so forth and the community could upvote and so the best stuff would float to the top. I think it's a bit more work to setup and would be challenging to get enough people interested until it reached a point where it was really useful. Any thoughts appreciated! :)

Biohacking News 

Tracking biohacking developments and the movement to realize a higher level of human potential.

• I do this on the side as a supplement to my main job.  It took me a while to learn about pre-selling, traffic and conversion.  I've got some PPC campaigns in Bing & Facebook that generate "passive income" - I never tweak them.  I never change them.  Just converts.

It takes time to set stuff up and I think it helps if you're computer savvy - 

--

Michael Stone

Do you have a site? Or are you putting an affiliate link into the bing/Facebook ads? Teach us! :-D anything you're happy to share would be great to learn.
  • edited November 2013

(btw, can a mod fix the blockquote styling?)

I've been an affiliate since 2005, and full-time about 1/2 of those years - experience in many different subsets of Internet Marketing (affiliate, product owner, consultant, service provider, affiliate manager). I'm familiar with the techniques you're mentioning, but there are a few things to consider.

1) There really is no "passive income" on the Internet - you may get a nice stream of residual income on up-front work, but it all comes to an end, and usually with little/no notice. Campaigns go up & down if you are an affiliate. Traffic sources dry up. Competition comes in. If you own a product, business goes up & down. The only stability in business or life is when we're dead. Not trying to pee in anyone's coffee - just trying to help set some expectations when you encounter the hype machines.

2) Avoid anything that smells like MLM. A couple names mentioned in this forum such as - sitebuildit, warrior forum, and yes, smartpassiveincome. I've actually been an affiliate for the latter back in the day, so it's not like my hands are completely clean here. Are there a few nuggets of worth in all of those? Sure, but you have to be really experienced to know which is the gold and which is the coal, and by the time you have that experience, you don't need them.

Giving "best advice" is tough, because it really depends on who you are & what you want to do - there are a milion ways to skin the cat you're referring to (leveraging your time better regarding wealth). Maybe I'll start a thread where I won't necessarily give advice, but perhaps point you to the resources that would best help you. There are a billion advice-givers in that area, and unless you've been the industry for awhile (the real side that guides companies & makes sales, not the "get rich quick/mlm/scam side), it's tough to tell which are which.

@funnel - anything you could post would be fantastic. For me, and this part of the forum (which is a little bit naked!)

I was probably a bit vague in my OP about what I would expect. Setting something up and ignoring it forever wouldn't bring you infinite income. My friend who lives off her niche site spent a large amount of time getting the site up and running (used SiteBuildIt!) and now only has to write a new article every 1-2 weeks. She does a few Facebook posts here and there too. So there is *some* work to be done on a regular basis, but its mobile and nothing compared to working a 40 hour per week job.

• Do you have a site? Or are you putting an affiliate link into the bing/Facebook ads? Teach us! :-D anything you're happy to share would be great to learn.

I am doing a few things - yeah, I do direct link from Bing & Facebook to an affiliate program on private networks. After doing a lot of digging I found 2 really nice programs that actually keyed in my affiliate link to their mailing list. So if someone opts into their list it can generate a sale a few months later.

I also have a blog which gets some nice traffic from search engines and sells some hair products that have nice affiliate comissions.

SEO & PPC and building email lists is the most lucrative techniques I know of.

Also - just help people, provide them informaiton and then recommend a few products that have generous affiliate comissions.

I learned a lot on the warrior forum - there is a ton of crap, scams and nonsense there but if you ignore the noise you'll get some nuggets.

I didn't get what to do for a long time. I think I could scale this up to full time income - but not sure if that makes sense for me. I like my day job and having health insurance and paid vacations :)

--

Michael Stone

• edited November 2013

@funnel - anything you could post would be fantastic. For me, and this part of the forum (which is a little bit naked!)

I was probably a bit vague in my OP about what I would expect. Setting something up and ignoring it forever wouldn't bring you infinite income. My friend who lives off her niche site spent a large amount of time getting the site up and running (used SiteBuildIt!) and now only has to write a new article every 1-2 weeks. She does a few Facebook posts here and there too. So there is *some* work to be done on a regular basis, but its mobile and nothing compared to working a 40 hour per week job.

I think just look at what Dave does on this site for a good idea. I was skeptical of the site at first but over time after listening to his podcasts (which I did out of absolute boredom) I felt he was a trust worthy person and ordered off his site and started paying closer attention.

-Robin
  • You should as well consider that in these days you can make some passive incomes even from your phone. Just by doing what you are doing either way but getting some extra cash from it. Of course these will not make you rich in two days but just having the app or signing in somewhere you can get money make purchases from UBER or Amazon or other things. One of projects that I have found really interesting and even have invest all ready is FluzFluz. It is an off-the-chain project potentially introducing millions of people to the concept of a cash back consumer network. And what’s good, they already have a working product in South America, now looking to expand to the US. Its simple and easy and will make your every day shopping a lot cooler .Recommend checking up on it.

• @arturs said:
    You should as well consider that in these days you can make some passive incomes even from your phone. Just by doing what you are doing either way but getting some extra cash from it. Of course these will not make you rich in two days but just having the app or signing in somewhere you can get money make purchases from UBER or Amazon or other things. One of projects that I have found really interesting and even have invest all ready is FluzFluz. It is an off-the-chain project potentially introducing millions of people to the concept of a cash back consumer network. And what’s good, they already have a working product in South America, now looking to expand to the US. Its simple and easy and will make your every day shopping a lot cooler .Recommend checking up on it.

I also came aross this company, at first I've been skeptical about it, but then as I kept researching I became somewhat interested in it, now I also invested some amount in it. I also recommend.