Swollen Lymph Nodes A Detoxifiaction Symptom?

edited October 2013 in Detox

I've had swollen lymph nodes in my neck and under my jaw for about a month and was wondering if it was a sign of detoxification. I've also not been feeling 100% but haven't had any other flu like symptoms. I've been on the bulletproof diet for about 3 months now and thought that the swollen lymph nodes could be due to toxins being released from fat. I'm not an overweight guy. I've lost about 3kg since starting the diet. However, it's my understanding that even if you're not overweight you could be storing a large amount of toxins in your body fat.

If this is the case, I'd like to slow down the detoxification process in order to get back to feeling 100%. My plan is to,

-eat more healthy carbs

-drink plenty of water

-take glutathione and activated charcoal regularly

I'd like to hear any other suggestions or I'd like to know if my diagnosis isn't correct.

Tagged:

Comments

• RodRod The Rodfather

Are you active at all? A month is suspect, go see a doc! 

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions [email protected] 

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

Do some full body exercise to get the lymph moving, and have some charcoal. And yes, see a doc!

• I did see a doctor. She said, if they're still swollen after another month then come back. I wasn't really happy with her though. Should I seek a 2nd opinion?

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

Yeah I would. Get a blood test and get them to check your white blood cell count. Could be an infection.

• I think you may be on point with the detoxification.

I have been obsessively researching glutathione for the past 24 hours. Yesterday I took my first dose of the new glutathione force and to date it was the most powerful thing I have ever done. I do have a LOT of mercury fillings so I am wondering if I have been suffering from mercury poisoning at a low level for so long I had simply gotten used to it. I have had a trace mineral hair follicle test done and wasn't showing any signs of mercury toxicity but I don't think that is necessarily a conclusive sign that the mercury hasn't been affecting me, it could simply be that my liver and kidneys have been working in over drive for years filtering the mercury.

Anyhow, yesterday afternoon my lymph nodes were quite swollen so I think they may have been a detoxing sign. 

• What about retaining lots of fluids in the feet? If I press it you see a hole that slowly recovers (im sure there is an english word for it but don't know it). Going to see my doc this afternoon. Weather is VERY hot here atm, but seems my body can't handle removing it's waste products (atleast thats what my physiotherapist told me this morning). 

• It would be useful to know what you are doing, beside taking charcoal, and glutathione.

As said before, moving your lymph is very important for your toxins to disappear through detox pathways: liver- bile, stool, kidney and skin.

If you live sedentary life with lack of UV-B this can be a problem. Also it's very important when you start adsorbing toxins, to take adequate materials to repair the damage done by retoxification. Plenty of water and replacing minerals with adequate antioxidant protection is what it takes.

Since i had some similar experience, i am pretty sure, its a detox symptom. Would try if 20+g of Vitamin C, some selenium and zinc do some justice... Also IR sauna.

• edited October 2014

I have been having similar symptoms for past 2.5 years on and off..  it is detox, toxic overload symptoms and also could be your body is inflamed by something or allergen chronically.   I'd try rebounding daily to move lymphatic system, take liver support supplement and slow down detox pathway a bit.    daily sauna, large dosage Vitamin C and other supplement to reduce oxidative stress.   I've done chelation for mercury and heavy metal.  The only way to know for sure if you really have mercury/ heavy metal poison is by chelation.  If you have adverse effect or feel better on chelation;  you have metal.  If you can tolerate high dosage of oral chelation and feel no difference, you don't have metal.

*****Don't run out and do a large dosage chelation without understanding it, it will cause huge damage and some people even became crazy or suicidal *******   

Understand the protocol inside and out..   and use safe protocol by Andrew Cutler's protocol, http://www.noamalgam.com/

DO NOT do Dr's IV chelation or challenge test which will cause serious adverse damage.  

In the mean time, I will also look into your environment if there's anything trigger or causing you inflamed internally (could be low grade) to cause lymphatic system overload.  Chemicals, mold, food allergy (mostly caused by fungus in food supply)  etc... you will be surprised how common they exist in our environment.