Big 5 W/ Adrenal Issues On Rflp

Hello all, I have a couple of questions:

A little about me: 29 y/o AA female 5'2" 228 lbs and been struggling w/ my weight since I was 7, when I stopped taking ballet and became bff's w/ Little Debbie

Anyway, stumbled onto paleo, then bulletproof, then read about rflp and spent a buttload of money on supplements and bp products. And I feel like crap. Run over. Scooped up. And burned. Sigh. Also even though it's only been a couple of days, I have concerns.

d

I have what I've come to refer to as an Adrenal Body Type (shout out to those familiar w/ Dr. Berg's body typing and 7 secrets to fat loss!). He recommends avoiding activity that will raise my heart rate above 160, at least until I get my hormones under control. With that in mind, I've ordered an adrenal support supplement to add to the looooooong list of other things to take daily. But then I was reading in the forum and people were saying that I should be adding MORE healthy carbs and not doing intermittent fasting?! WTH am I doing to my body?

I have a degree in Biochemistry; I know the science is sound, and I'm reading through BBS now, and wanted to do the BIG 5. But THEN there's the question of what do I eat/consume after a workout if I'm on RFLP or even if I'm not? And, for goodness' sake, if I need to stop doing RFLP, what in the WORLD am I supposed to do with all of these supplements?!

HELP!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Well when you put it that way... lol.

Actually, when I was reading about rflp, Dave said "the fat will make you feel better... most people feel like ROCK STARS, with even more energy than normal." Plus, having experienced great feelings and huge energy boosts when I started BP (but only losing 5 labs), I thought/hoped it'd be the same.

• RodRod The Rodfather

You should not be doing any kind of Rflp if you have adrenal issues. You will make things so much worse...much much worse. You need to focus on healing, you can't participate in any kind of modification to push your body. I know lot's of nightmare stories. I wouldn't even be low carb for now but that's me...

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions [email protected] 

• ok. I've read some of your responses on other posts and you seem pretty knowledgeable and able to back up what u say w/ research or experience. With that being said, do you have any recommendations? Should I not do BPIF as well? I can't afford to see a naturopathic doctor b/c my insurance won't help and my doc says to get my adrenal glands tested I should see an endocrinologist. Maybe when I can take a breath. Efforts to relieve stress in my life are not really working... ironically one of the greatest sources of stress is parents who scoff at diets that eschew calorie counting and support eating red meat and butter and fat. soooooo, I'm still at a bit of a loss :(

• RodRod The Rodfather

Thank you, yes don't do any of that. You will get massive blood sugar swings if you don't have them already. The typical Endo's are not good, if you can see one just to get some serum values as clues but not indicators. One thing you can do is increase cholesterol, raw or lightly warm egg yolks. I don't have any values for you so I can just give you a general recommendation. Ever herd of adrenal supplements? 

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions [email protected] 

• Yes, and I just ordered NOW foods super cortisol support from amazon. They should arrive today or tomorrow. Hopefully that'll help. How many grams of BP carbohydrates should I be trying to consume? Including or not including white rice? I love Basmati so that wouldn't hurt my feelings. I'm just to the point where I'm getting "scared" of certain foods and I don't want that, ya know?