Olives?

Hi!

Do you guys have any advice on buying olives? What type is the healthiest? What forms should be avoided? How can you ensure they are fresh, and free of unhealthy additives? Any guidance would help, thanks! image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Comments

• Ithink that green olives are the healthiest, here in morocco we have a lot types of olives like red, black and green olives
  • I decided to bump this thread as I am also curious as to what kinds of olives are the most bulletproof? Does anyone have any experience with this?
  • I don't know that these are the most BP but they seem really healthy.

Purchased at Whole Foods in Long Beach, CA: Raw Peruvian Green Botija Olives. Label says they're raw, non-gmo, gluten-free, low glycemic. They have pits. They're delicious.
  • I recall that Dave talked about olives in an early podcast. Think he said black ones in vinegar was best.
    Please email me instead of PM

[email protected]
  • It would be nice to know. I am on podcast 11 and I don't remember hearing anything but I could have missed it.
  • suntouchersuntoucher Uninspired Potential ✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Here's his comment from a blog comment:
    You know, we need to add olives. They’re mostly in the green zone, if they’re not pickled in bad inflammatory spices (many of them are). Black olives are generally ok, as are many kalamata’s. Oil packed olives, not so good usually.