Blood Test For Life Insurance

Hey all,

I have been BP for a couple of months now and because of a professional situation, I am needing life insurance rather quickly. As part of the sign up process, I have to have my blood tested for many different things that I'd rather not have an insurance company testing for, but I digress. One of the main things affecting my insurability/cost will be my cholesterol level. I am concerned as I have read in other posts that cholesterol levels can elevate quite a bit at the beginning of the BP diet. I am not, nor was I hugely over weight when I started, but I did graduate from Paleo to BP. I haven't had my blood checked in a long time, so I don't have any idea what my levels are. They are looking for a number below 200. The insurance that doesn't need a blood test is not acceptable for this situation unfortunately - too bad.

I was wondering if any one knew of a way to "cleanse" my blood cholesterol for this test. Fudge the numbers so to speak?

Any help would be appreciated soon!!!! I have to take the test this week.

I searched the web, but all I came up with was eat grains and blueberries and a balanced low-fat Americanized diet!!! Puke!

Thanks in advance,

Greg
Tagged:

Comments

• I was reading this the other day, it might help you http://www.marksdailyapple.com/why-did-my-cholesterol-go-up-after-going-primal/
    There is a vegetarian option... You can fuck off - Frankie Boyle
  • Thanks Lone Goose.

I'm a big fan of Mark Sisson and I do recall that post. Reading it again gave me some ideas. So I will do a giant heavy lift session a day before the test and see what happens. I guess I shouldn't be too worried about it, but you know - insurance companies.
  • same situation here

before primal my cltrl levels were around 160

after primal, when i tested for insurance they were 212

(i tested at my doc's office, not a home paramed)

i got rated a higher risk which resulted in a higher premium

regards
  • Jeffheld,

Yes, that's what I'm afraid of. They are looking for any reason to raise the premium. Did you change any eating habits before the test?

I get my test Wednesday. So far, I'm planning on dropping the BP coffee with butter for two days before, fasting for a full 24 or more hours and doing a couple of pretty heavy lifting sessions before too. Don't know if it's going to help, but it's worth a try. I just wish I could find some supplement that would expel some of the "bad stuff" out before having the test. Activated charcoal? I wouldn't be surprised if the insurance company was monitoring this post. Ha ha.

My agent did say if the number was high, I can re-test every six months to see if it comes down.

I'll let you know how it turned out.