Butter In My Coffee?!?! Point Me To The Research!

edited November 2013 in Bulletproof Coffee

I was hoping that a veteran of this forum could point me to  a few great research articles that

A ) Support the intake of grassfed butter regularly for health.  I.e., what kind of "good fat" am I in-taking, what effects can I expect on my blood panels, why grassfed?

B ) Support the intake of grassfed meat

Namely looking for solid research to cite and support my opinion on these topics wtih colleagues and friends who take me for being crazy.

Comments

• edited November 2013
    That eat wild might be all you need. Reason I avoid bulletproof or paleo references when I discuss topics like this to non paleo people is because they could care less. Most the paleo minded people agree on the whole about topics, with little differences here and there (primal with milk, dave with white rice is ok ect)

If I want to show someone that they way I eat is good, I try to find studies or articles not only found in paleo supporting sites

Edit: I'm not a veteran on this site, I'll delete my post. ;-)
  • This quote from the eat wild article tells they know jack shit

"Therefore, butter that is relatively easy to spread has less saturated, artery-clogging fat and more (healthier) unsaturated fat. "

I stopped reding at this point
  • katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭
    edited November 2013

find it yourself, I'm not doing your donkey work!

First post and you want us to run around after you to convince you what we do is worth doing.

All the info you need is on the bulletproof site.

Read/Learn/Do or Don't

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• "find it yourself, I'm not doing your donkey work!"

Wow.... just wow... :-(

jcowen12

Welcome! I second what ForeverMalone said.

• Thanks everyone, for the most part this was very helpful.  I believe that one of the primary purposes of a good forum is to be able to seek insight from a community thus, asking for what "you all" believe to be the best sources and least bias literature to support the intake of grass fed butter and meat.  So for those who were receptive, thanks for the info.

• Listening to the back episodes of podcasts and reading the references in the show notes is a great start! Think of it as the price of getting a polite response! Your question sort of implies you formed your opinion without any solid research.....

• Don't mind Katolotus, he's like that. I do agree with him though, all the info is on Dave's website and he has references in every post. Also I'm a fan of the google. I know this new diet is exiting and you have all these questions but you have to remember that a lot of us on here have already heard tons of the basic questions before. Try to google things first or looking on the bulletproof website first, if you can't find what you need use the search function on the forum, if you still can't find what you need start a new thread. 

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

Don't mind Katolotus, he's like that. I do agree with him though, all the info is on Dave's website and he has references in every post. Also I'm a fan of the google. I know this new diet is exiting and you have all these questions but you have to remember that a lot of us on here have already heard tons of the basic questions before. Try to google things first or looking on the bulletproof website first, if you can't find what you need use the search function on the forum, if you still can't find what you need start a new thread. 

=====

Exactly this.

A question like "why grassfed?" gives the impression you haven't read anything on the blog. You'll find a LOT of information from knowledgeable people on here, but you have to look into it on your own first!

• GarrettGarrett
    edited November 2013

Also, after drinking regular coffee, then drinking Bulletproof Coffee with GF unsalted organic butter & MCT oil... you can feel the difference in your body.

First way (with regular coffee)- you feel like a sketched out crack addict, and, like a sketched out crack addict, you need to go back to your cups of coffee every 45 minutes.

Second way (with BPC) - you feel like a super human full of win, with your mind and body completely supported. You, quite literally, feel yourself performing better in every avenue of life, very soon after drinking it.

And yes, everyone else in this thread has amazing information. Definitely read the main site. It has a lot of great basics, as well as depth to the knowledge that it imparts.