Speed-Reading Hack

I came across a great hack for those of us who are slow readers. It trains you to get out of your own way, so you can take in more info, since we tend to be held back by the internal-vocalization when we read.

http://www.spreeder.com/

Has anyone tried this or heard of it before?

Are you in need of a Bulletproof Diet coach??

coach-badge-blue-300x60.png

Antony Reed

Founder/Editor of BrainSpankingNews.com

Health, Science, and Liberation

Clear-out the contrary and embrace the uncomfortable!

Comments

• I came across a great hack for those of us who are slow readers. It trains you to get out of your own way, so you can take in more info, since we tend to be held back by the internal-vocalization when we read.

http://www.spreeder.com/

Has anyone tried this or heard of it before?

That's pretty cool, after playing around with it, seems my normal base rate is around 500wpm. I'm guessing if normally people read at 300 that's why when I am reading a page with someone else I am always ready to move on way before them. That's why I absolutely hate reading text that is being read to me, I am done when they are halfway done reading aloud.

It'd be cool if there was a way to make it read kindle books or PDFs to you, go through an informational book really fast a few times and then slow it down to comprehend more of it.

• Something else I just noticed, if you have it on say 500 WPM, and 1 chunk, then move it up to 2 chunks, it is now moving half the speed because it's displaying 2 words at once, which makes it seem really really slow.

I wonder if this would help someone that isn't good at recognizing words normally, recognize them better?

• BrainSpankingNewsBrainSpankingNews Vitimus Maximus ✭✭

That's pretty cool, after playing around with it, seems my normal base rate is around 500wpm. I'm guessing if normally people read at 300 that's why when I am reading a page with someone else I am always ready to move on way before them. That's why I absolutely hate reading text that is being read to me, I am done when they are halfway done reading aloud.

It'd be cool if there was a way to make it read kindle books or PDFs to you, go through an informational book really fast a few times and then slow it down to comprehend more of it.

I believe you can actually paste anything you want into the Spreeder window and it will play it back. This one is on my to-do list, since my inner-vocalization trips me up big time, and I have a lot of reading to get through.

Are you in need of a Bulletproof Diet coach??

coach-badge-blue-300x60.png

Antony Reed

Founder/Editor of BrainSpankingNews.com

Health, Science, and Liberation

Clear-out the contrary and embrace the uncomfortable!

• The software they're selling looks promising, too.  I've played around with Reading Genius and it's actually pretty good--the instructional program itself I'm not sure about, but the reading software and exercises that come with it are really quite flexible and effective, in the limited time I've spent with it.  

What I'd like to see is reading software like this, with the various ways you can configure it to chunk text, or highlight it in various patterns and adjust the speed, etc, with a means of importing your own ebook files.  I can't tell from reading the software overview if this 7 Speed Reading thing can do that or not, but it looks like not.  Reading Genius doesn't do it either, and it uses its own proprietary format for ebook files.  But $80 for 7Speed software isn't a bad price, compared to $200 or whatever RG is charging these days.