Birth Control And More Fat.

My girlfriend is 17 and asked me how to lose weight so I told her to Up her healthy fats, stop eating gluten and lower her carbs. She said she doesn't want to up hey fat right now because she's going to be starting birth control and she said that in some people it will make you store more fat or make your boobs bigger. We both want the latter but she afraid of the former. Any thoughts on this?

Comments

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

I know this wasn't exactly your question but avoid birth control pills as much as possible.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• Is there an alternative? We're using condoms right now, pregnancy is the issue. I know condoms work most of the time but it's just in case.

• Look at using a non-hormonal birth control method, such as an IUD. The hormonal version of the IUD, Mirena, uses a version of progestin, not estrogen on the area of interest. 

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

Condoms combined with the calendar / temperature monitoring works pretty well. Not sure about the percentages but the two combined probably rivals the pill.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

I agree with Reka-- the fertility awareness method works quite well, and requires no nasty pills or chemicals. In fact-- (and don't quote me on this. I don't want you tracking me down and killing me if you end up with a kid)-- following fertility awareness faithfully, condoms may not even be necessary. If you do use condoms, try and get the kind without nasty lubes on 'em. Coconut oil makes a fine stand-in as a natural lubricant.

Then again...

AIn't gotta worry bout no baby if you juss drop dat sweet sweet load in hurr booty, nom saiyan cuz? :lol:

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!