Iherb Alternative?

Seems the problems with iHerb are systemic and only getting worse.

So sad... they use to be such a good company. 

Anyone have some good recommends for iHerb alterantives?

Tagged:

Comments

• Vitacost is decent, but Amazon is generally your best bet.

• What's this issue with iHerb?

• DrVita

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017

iherb users are currently going mental on iherb facebook...

iHerb have recently increased the cost of all their shipping options,
    & reduced their loyalty credit thingy from 10% to 5% (which expires in 60 days).

fake it till you make it

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

@daz said:
    & reduced their loyalty credit thingy from 10% to 5% (which expires in 60 days).

What??? That's rubbish.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

edited January 2017

@Skeletor said:

@daz said:

What??? That's rubbish.

my comment is rubbish, or iHerb is rubbish... o:)

fake it till you make it

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

iHerb is rubbish, lol. You're still golden, daz.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• TwizlexTwizlex Fat Ninja

I like Swanson Vitamins. Their brand name stuff is typically very good, the only exception being a lot of it has magnesium stearate (though they offer many "veggie cap" alternatives that don't have it). They typically have better prices than Amazon on most Now, Source Naturals, and Jarrow supplements as well, maybe others, too, but I haven't checked that personally. Typically flat rate $4.99 shipping for your whole order in the U.S. with a fairly often running deal of free shipping over $50. I feel like they spam my email a few times a week offering sales, but it works out every six months or so when I decide to re-order most of my stuff, I just wait a few days for a decent sale to pop up in my inbox before making my purchase.

I know they offer international shipping, but I don't know how it compares to other places since it doesn't apply to me.

fat + more fat = less fat

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

Regarding the shipping, I don't know about US rates, but now with the international the shipping prices depend on the products weight and price. Small and expensive items ship cheaper, and heavier and / or cheaper products cost more at shipping.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• Not only are international shipping costs quite high,but now Customs is always charging import fees. Whereas before it would be quite common that a package would just pass without additional costs.

So,if anyone knows a good European alternative to iHerb. Please share!
    (Now that the UK has left the EU, ordering from the UK will come with importing fees as well, I assume :/ )

• RekaReka ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017

Looks like buying a product of iHerb's own brands, for example MadreLabs products, lowers the shipping costs a lot. Interesting new model they made. Someone I know is experimenting and she says adding certain MadreLabs products can null the shipping cost.

MSLymie, here if you order up to 40 USD they never catch it at the customs office. If you order above that they may catch it, but you are safe with orders up to 40 USD.

• Reka...yeah the DHL deliverer told me something similar,that it's up to 30euros.
    However with the things I order,I would have to make several orders to stay below 30euros....and with every package having it's individual shipping costs (an additional 10-15 euros) added. I'm not much cheaper off anyway.

(The only upside is that I get to receive more packages...yay!...feels like Christmas! ;) )

• joeygym65joeygym65
    edited January 2017

I have been ordering from Same Day Supplements for years now. Never had any problems with shipping costs. The prices are cheap as well and have found hard to get items from them as well. They declare a lower value than the actual order value so, luckily i have not had to pay any custom taxes so far.

• RekaReka ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017

After playing around with certain Madre Labs products, I managed to get my order shipped for free. Here the limit for customs is around 38 USD currently. The thing is, in theory the limit is 22 EUR, but they don't bother imposing a fee below 10 EUR, and the fee is 27% of the order (this is the VAT here). No idea if it works similarly in other countries too. 37*0.27 is around 10, so orders to Hungary are safe at the level of 37-38 USD (depending on exact currency ratios).

• RekaReka ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017

And they just ran out of the product before I could order it again. And this is topped with a ton of the other strange things the iherb websites gives so often... sometimes I put it into my shopping cart at a certain price, and by the checkout the price is doubled, but of course I noticed it and cancelled the whole thing, one has to keep both eyes open during every step of their order process. It happens too often that their system is so messed up that I just get fed up and change my mind and don't order anything.

edited January 2017

^ you have to keep an eye on their 'specials' as well, which always expire at 10:00am Pacific Time, whether that be their daily, weekly, or limited offers. I've added Los Angeles to my phone clock to keep an eye on this.
    eg. some Madre Labs products (& other brands) were up to 75% off yesterday,

but that limited offer ended "Monday, Jan. 30th, at 10:00 am Pacific Time"

fake it till you make it

• edited October 2018

I also used to like iherb and was their regular customer. But while searching for some alternative websites online, I found a link which lead me to numerous website links through which I could compare other websites.

• Another vote for swansons here.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Lifestyle Designer, SEO Alchemist, Entrepreneur

• @Sage said:
    Seems the problems with iHerb are systemic and only getting worse.

So sad... they use to be such a good company. 

Anyone have some good recommends for iHerb alterantives?

Hmm..maybe amazon??