Hrv Training Improves Fruit Ninja Skills By 66%

GabeGabe
edited November 2013 in Cognitive Performance

How is that for a brain/nervous system hack?  

Last night I set out to compare my Fruit Ninja skills before and after emwave training.  What else is a would any good biohacker do in my position?  I'm stuck in my hotel room, out of town on consulting business.  That's right, I spent my time learning a little iMovie editing, and making a video of the whole process.  

Oh, and I'm trying to get it noticed by HalfBrick, because I want them to partner with HeartMath to make a game that integrates HRV training.  Wishful thinking?  Maybe.  I think it's still entertaining, so I thought I'd share here.

What I really want is a mobile game studio to make a great game that appeals to kids and teaches HRV training.  They will learn the invaluable skills, while doing something that they want to do, that they can relate to.  

I improved my score by 66% after a few minutes of emwave, and no other practice.  

Watch the video after the break :)

Comments

• How is that for a brain/nervous system hack?  

Last night I set out to compare my Fruit Ninja skills before and after emwave training.  What else is a would any good biohacker do in my position?  I'm stuck in my hotel room, out of town on consulting business.  That's right, I spent my time learning a little iMovie editing, and making a video of the whole process.  

Oh, and I'm trying to get it noticed by HalfBrick, because I want them to partner with HeartMath to make a game that integrates HRV training.  Wishful thinking?  Maybe.  I think it's still entertaining, so I thought I'd share here.

What I really want is a mobile game studio to make a great game that appeals to kids and teaches HRV training.  They will learn the invaluable skills, while doing something that they want to do, that they can relate to.  

I improved my score by 66% after a few minutes of emwave, and no other practice.  

Watch the video after the break :)

Great stuff Gabe!

I'm looking at getting an emwave, how often do you use it a day? Does it really make a big difference in your life? What do you notice the most? 

• BP87 - Yes, the emwave makes a an amazing difference in your life.  It may be right away that you notice it, or it may be after you use it a bit.  Basically, you learn how to control your sympathetic nervous system (i.e., your fight or flight system).  Dave recommends training for 10min a day for at least 6 weeks.  He requires all of his executive coaching clients to use it, and for good reason.  It is an investment you will not regret.  I have been a big fan of the emwave2, but I have to say that if I was on a budget, could only pick one device, and had an iPhone,iPod, or iPad, I would get the InnerBalance.  Thanks for the feedback.  

Hope this helps,

-Gabe

• You've heard of Somaticvision.com, right?  They make games that integrate with Heartmath devices, that is, the iOM (used in Wild Divine games) and the emWave sensors.  Not cheap.  I bought their Alive game but haven't played around with it all that much yet.  

I've been doing normal hrv training for probably 4-5 months now, though, generally at least 20 minutes a day, and for a while there up to two hours a day, and i haven't missed many days.  I have to say, I don't notice all that much improvement in terms of fight or flight stuff--if I get cut off in traffic I'm still pissed--but occasionally if I eat something that causes an uncomfortable reaction like fast or strong pulse, the hrv breathing helps get that under control, along with the anxiety that can come along with it.  Ymmv, I guess.

• hza - I am aware of the Somaticvision software.  Thanks.  You'll have to let me know more of what you think of it as you use it more. 

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't had more benefit from your training, I certainly hope it gets better for you.