Diet Troubles

I dont have a ton of money right now, so I thought it would be a good idea anyway to ease myself into the BP diet, by starting out with BP coffee ( I have been using 16g of Upgraded coffee with 500ml of water, 80g of salted Kerrygold - cause I cant get unsalted over here - with 2 tbsp of MCT oil) I have been drinking BPC since last Thurs morning, and the first 2 days I felt jittery and a lil dizzy and weak, but I think this was only after I had a cup of green tea and about 33g of 85% cocoa chocolate like 2-3 hrs afterwards.

So what I have been doing now is just having the green tea and I have felt okish, until today - day 5 - I have started getting a slight burning sensation around the centre of my upper body, also a slight pain in my back around the area just below my left side ribcage and just know I had a really loose poo - until today I had only had one a day whilst drinking BPC, this was my second today - it was like a mustardy colour and had a really tangy smell.

Not sure whether this could be down to what I had for my tea yesterday - 1/2 chicken, 4 hash browns, 4 onion rings, carrots and parnsips and broccoli then hour after had 2 apples and some cherries - today I woke up had my BPC + the green tea few hrs afterwards and because I planned on working out today I thought it would be a good idea to have a banana an hour before I worked out 30 mins cardio + some bodyweight exercise. Do you guys know where am going wrong?, do you think maybe it could because I have a foot in both camps at the moment?. I have also still been eating bread, most days I have 3 slices of wholemeal. Oh nearly forgot also since I started having BPC every time I have had it, it repeats on me quite a bit, but just thought this could be down to me hardly ever drinking coffee before.
There is a vegetarian option... You can fuck off - Frankie Boyle

Comments

• IMO, the pain and burning sound a lot like gastric upset. I am *certain* that the food you ate didn't help it. There is no diet on earth that will tell you deep fried hashbrowns and onion rings are good for you. Those will easily give you heart burn and an upset stomach. Also, if you want the banana, eat it *after* your workout. It won't do as much damage to your system that way as it will primarily be feeding your muscles.

As for the other stuff, I'd recommend taking HCl + betaine to help with fat digestion until your body adjusts. The loose stool is most likely a sign that your body is struggling with the new fat load. The pills will help a lot with that and you can back off of them slowly as your body naturally starts producing more acid.
  • Holy Mackeral, please don't drink coffee with SALTED butter, it tastes aweful.

I know, I did it once by mistake, took one sip and threw it away. Better off making scrambled eggs with 30g of salted butter and 4 eggs. Drink water if you are thirsty. (my opinion)

Keep it simple for the first few months. Eggs, minute steaks, pork, chicken, lamb, above the ground veg. Start the BPC with smaller amounts of UNSALTED butter, maybe 10g.

As for the discomfort around the mid section, my wife had those sort of sensations after eating fatty foods, turned out to be gall bldder stones, doctor mis diagnosed it until it was too late, she had emergency surgery and is not gall bladderless. Still she is ok now but has to supplement with ox bile. Maybe get a doctor to prod and poke, let him know what you are eating and drinking.

Goof luck, let us know how you are getting on.
  • 'Richard' wrote:

Holy Mackeral, please don't drink coffee with SALTED butter, it tastes aweful.

Personally, the only reason I dont buy the salted butter is because Dave said not to. I did the first few times thinking I had read that it was supposed to be salted butter. If I had to choose, Id choose the salted butter coffee for taste every time.
  • 'CSp8' wrote:

Personally, the only reason I dont buy the salted butter is because Dave said not to. I did the first few times thinking I had read that it was supposed to be salted butter. If I had to choose, Id choose the salted butter coffee for taste every time.

Hmm, interesting, maybe the salted butter in South Africa is different to South Jersey. image/icon_e_smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':-)' /> I'm willing to try your butter in my coffee,
  • I *love* salted butter in my coffee! I even go so far as to add a pinch of sea salt if my butter isn't salted. Tastes sort of like dark chocolate to me with a dark brew.

Also, highly unlikely that it's gallbladder problems (but better to be safe and ask a doc if your worried about it) because you mentioned pain on the *left back* side. Your gallbladder is on the front right side, whereas your stomach is on the left and wraps around to your back a bit in the area you mentioned.
  • My wife experienced the pain as a band around her mid section, and specially when she ate fatty meals, that's why I thought of gall bladder, but I am no expert.
  • You could always dial back off the fat in the coffee to say 1 tbsp oil/1tbsp fat and then increase the amounts over time. The start low and go slow method. That way your body has some time to adjust. Combine that with the insulin spikes with the carbs you had certainly does not help. +1 on the fruit post workout, only
  • I havent had the chance to workout much lately I think for like the last 5 weeks I have averaged 1 workout a week, so not sure whether this could be a part of my latest problem. I dialled down on the butter in my BPC - not for long though - down to 20g for a few days the up to 50g for a few days whilst waiting for the Betaine to come then I went back to 80g and have been taking the Betaine every morning with it. This week I moved closer to becoming Bulletproof, I have been having 2 slices of pork belly and 2 soft boiled eggs for dinner - but unfortunately I still let my mum cook my tea, so the meat is 'WELL DONE' image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> - and next week am hoping to bring my tea online as well.

But I have been feeling pretty knackered/weak and have been getting aching in my knees, and something that as been alarming me a lot is my weight loss, pretty pissed about that, I am doing BP solely for the intelligence and energy aspects, and I think in the 3 weeks of 1/2 arsedly doing BP my weight as dropped from 12st 2lbs to today my lowest so far 11st 7.75lbs, my hip bones are sticking out and my jeans dont fit me properly now image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' /> , could someone tell me what is happening here?, could the aching be down to my fat digestion, even though am taking 1 Betaine with every meal. With the weight thing the only thing I could come up with was eating more carbs but that isn't really BP, besides I ate a 500g tub of Ben & Jerrys the other week, weighed myself the next morning and I ended up weighing less image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' /> .
    There is a vegetarian option... You can fuck off - Frankie Boyle
  • edited September 2012
    LoneGoose, how is it going now, it's been another month? Reading your last post I would go back to basics, read Gary Taubes, Jeff Volek, dietdoctor.com and Peter Attia at the www.eatingacademy.com.

You need to be the expert in your health.

Cheers
  • It is not right to say it can't be your gallbladder jus because its not located at the site of the pain. Gallstone pain can be felt at the front and back of the mid-section and range from feeling like a heart attack (high front pain) to gut pain to a stab in the back sort of pain. A full on attack is EXTREMELY painful but before it gets to that stage a high fat intake can bring on less intense episodes as described here often accompanied by nausea. I've had them all but still have my gallbladder. The betaine HCL gets rid of it.