Lose Weight Using Only Mct & No Coffee?

I am not a coffee drinker but want to lose weight. I started drinking BP and have shed a couple of pounds but would rather not be drinking the coffee. Does anyone know if it's possible to lose weight just by using MCT oil? Would really appreciate any feedback.

Comments

• This is a hard question to answer, but I'll take a stab at it.  Bulletproof coffee is just one tool to help people lose weight and or fuel themselves.  It is entirely possible to lose weight without drinking bulletproof coffee.  I drink it maybe four times a week - whenever I feel like it.

The purpose of MCT oil is to create more ketones and give the cells an efficient means of energy production.  Medium chain triglycerides go directly to the liver via the portal vein and are converted to water soluble ketone bodies.  This means they easily reach your cells and cross the blood brain barrier.  You can still make ketones in the presence of carbohydrates, maybe not as much, but you will still make them. 

You can add mct oil to salad dressings, soups, etc.  I add a little bit to my salsa when I eat mexican food.

So, if you don't like coffee - don't drink it.  The best "diet" is one that you can follow and not stress to much about.

Also it would probably help to post more information to get context for your situation.

• The point of the coffee is that it's a quick way to have "breakfast" that is essentially 100% fat for the purposes of Intermittent Fasting. Some people blend butter+mct into tea, matcha or just hot water and vanilla.

What do you mean by mct only?

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. --Arthur Schopenhauer

• Thanks for the feedback so far. To clarify...i'm looking to loose weight...period. I saw a friend loose 20 lbs drinking PB (with mct oil and butter) so I thought i'd give it a try. Truth is if i don't have to get hooked on coffee in the process of losing weight, i'd rather not. So to clarify my question is it the mct oil that is really what's causing the weight loss or is it the combination with the coffee and butter?

(Note: i'm not doing the fasting)

Thanks again for the feedback!
  • No the weight loss is coming from consuming an all fat breakfast; you eat only fat for breakfast so you don't get any sort of insulin spike but you also don't get food cravings because your body has been supplied the energy it needs to sustain itself. Your body goes into ketosis, when you burn ketones from fat for energy instead of glucose from carbs. So if you prefer butter mct tea, do that. Taking a shot of mct in the morning and eating a standard American diet the rest of the day will not lead to weight loss; the mct only helps because the liver can make ketones from it extremely efficiently.

But poke around this forum for a while...since drinking high quality coffee I don't find that I'm hooked on it. Most people on here would argue that "caffeine headaches" are actually your body detoxing from the ochratoxin present in over 90% of coffee. If I skip a day or two, I get zero side effects. Pretty cool.

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. --Arthur Schopenhauer