What To Expect On Aniracetam?

Hello all:

Newbie here, exploring the site and starting on the program slowly. Already about 80% compliant (doesn't everyone say that?). "Paleo" for years (except that I don't do exclusively grass-fed meats and pasture-raised animal products). Low carb, no sugar, very little grain products (but, alas, still some).

Moved to BP Coffee, and, yes, it's transforming. Mostly I think it's the MCT oil & butter . . . I seem to get the same results regardless of whether I use Dave's own coffee or not. The combination is great . . . very smooth energy all morning.

So, with that as my "new normal", I'm adding Aniracetam. What should I be expecting?
  • More "energy"?
  • Smoother flow?
  • Better memory?
  • Better mood?
  • Better focus?
  • something else?

I probably should spend a longer time establishing the new normal (it's only been about a week), so I may have a hard time differentiating the impact of Aniracetam vs. the impact of BP coffee. I may stop the Aniracetam for a bit to establish a better baseline . . . but I'm greedy, and I want all the benefit I can get ASAP.

Right now, I'm taking the Aniracetam on an empty stomach, more or less first thing on awakening, but with other supplements (many of them brain-function oriented, like Acetyl-L-Carnitine, Huperzine, etc. that I've been on for a long time). I typically follow it with BP coffee sometime in the next 20 minutes or so. On days I eat breakfast, that will follow another 20 minutes later (maybe longer), but most days I don't eat until 12 noon or 1 p.m. or so.

Anyone with any thoughts out there about how to take Aniracetam for for maximum effectiveness, and what effects I should be expecting? Does it take time to "build up" before effects are felt? Or should I expect to feel it on the first day or so?

All replies gratefully received . . .

Comments

• I have only found Aniracetam to make me sleepy, which is a common side-effect for some people as far as I can tell.
  • Hi cogrick2, thanks for the reply.

No problem with that for me, but I'm taking it with BP coffee in the a.m., so I doubt I'd notice that effect unless it was pretty potent.

I guess I should be doing some more Google work . . . but any other first-hand experience reports will be gratefully received.
  • Aniracetam is fat soluble, so take it with food (containing fat) or with your BP coffee (w/ butter/ghee). Also, a good Choline source is recommend with the 'tams.
  • Thanks, Clay. Usual food sources of choline are eggs, or organ meats . . . which I'll eat, but not if I'm trying the "BP fasting". Any other source (supplement?) for an a.m. dosing?
  • Choline supplements on Amazon (etc) are pretty cheap. I think Alpha-GPC is absorbed better, but I haven't read anything on it in forever. Here's one: [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://amzn.com/B001RYKA3U[/font]
  • edited August 2012
    Clay, many thanks!

Lots of interesting reading there, in the reviews, and then the comments on the reviews.
  • Bulletproof Morning:

Freshly brewed coffee from bulletproof coffee beans

2-5 teaspoons of butter

1 tablespoon of MCT oil

Around 1/3 of a teaspoon of Aniracetam

Aniracetam is fat soluble, as Clay stated, and therefore great with some delicious tasty butter.
  • 'Tom wrote:

Bulletproof Morning:

Freshly brewed coffee from bulletproof coffee beans

2-5 teaspoons of butter

1 tablespoon of MCT oil

Around 1/3 of a teaspoon of Aniracetam

Aniracetam is fat soluble, as Clay stated, and therefore great with some delicious tasty butter.

Hi Tom,

I'm pretty new to this site and forum. I'm curious how exactly does BP coffee help mentally beside the caffeine boost?? Do you have to drink it black as black is pretty horrible to my taste buds. Just curious as I've seen many people say BP coffee is a must!

Thanks
    Reality is nothing more than perception. So if we change our perception we are in essence changing reality. Deep huh?