Bulletproof K-Cups

I was wondering if anyone has tried out the K-cups that are sold through the site. I have tried using the grounds and a universal cup but it comes out very weak. Has anyone had any experience with these pre packaged ones?

Comments

• I'm almost through my first box. I've been very pleased with them. The cartridges are individually packaged so they stay nice and fresh and I haven't noticed any difference in strength or taste from the beans. They're great. Make my mouth water every morning when I open the package!
  • The smell when you tear open the foil is incredible.

I keep a bunch at work, but for the price I'm still trying to tweak the grind settings for my burr grinder and reusable k cup. I have the same issue with it not being as strong as i would like.

I can't remember the exact cost comparisons but I believe the K cups were $1-some per K cup ($1.50 comes to mind but i cannot remember) and the 5lb bag of coffee was $0.50 per K cup. (That's without including shipping.)

• I also feel that uaing the refillable cartidge is kinda weak, seems thay actually putting in less of the grounds helps for what ever reason. I would like to try the kcups but at double the price I just can't do it.
  • Thanks for the input guys. It was the price that was scaring me off as well. I will buy one box and see if it makes*THAT* much difference in the taste. Meanwhile I have been tweaking the grind trying to find one that will not come out as watery. Preluder, I will try the less grounds idea.I have been packing my cups as full as I can...maybe that will make enough of a difference.

• Cool please post again when you've tried them and let us know your thoughts in comparison to the beans.
  • Also consider the waste that's created by using non-refillable K-cups.

Bulletproof the Earth... 

• Alright, my K-Cups finally came in. I will post some pics in a bit but after a few days I am starting to like them.

They definitely make a difference in strength of the coffee, and I have not been able to get it this strong with any grind/reusable kcup combination that I have tried. However it still does not quite make it as strong as my drip or my french press does. Overall flavor is definitely better than other Kcups that I have used...and I even like it better than my regular drip coffee machine...but still prefer the french press as well.

As far as packaging, they come individually wrapped in foil, which is great for keeping the freshness. Once you pull them out, they are not like regular Kcups which are an all plastic container with a foil top. These cups have a clear plastic top so you can see the coffee..and the cup is itself the filter, which is a great idea for better filtration.

There are a couple of downsides that I have noticed however. Firstly the Keurig takes much longer to brew using this cup than a regular Kcup. I am not sure as to the reason but I suspect that taking away the pinhole that the normal Kcups have in favor of a full body filter like this one takes away the pressure buildup and results in the coffee coming out as a slow dribble instead of the steady stream it normally does.

The second problem that I have noticed is that the cup filter tends to swell inside of the machine, making it a little difficult to remove. This has not been a major issue, but has also lead to something else I observed. The filter, being part of the cup, allows the coffee to leak inside of the machine as well. For me, that is a little piece that I can remove and wash, so no biggie there, but depending on what machine you have, it may become a bigger issue.

The last issue that I observed is that the coffee that comes out is not nearly as hot as any other that I ran through my keurig, I found myself having to reheat my coffee before blending, which I have never had to do before.

To try and eliminate all these issues I will try it on my keurig machine at work, which is a completely different model and let you guys know how many of these things may just be conflicts with the model I have.

Overall though, the convenience of these things means I will most likely keep some on hand for those rushed mornings, and I will definitely be keeping a stash at work for my lunch breaks. 

http://ppl.ug/r1Dnezmrl2g/

http://ppl.ug/2ISvs-5UIz0/

http://ppl.ug/seam1H7P5os/

• I've run into the same issues as you. If you find good solutions please post.

Here is an additional issue I've run into with these k cups. I can't seem to get a consistent sized cup. I fill the water level the same every day and some days I get an 8oz cup and others I get 12. Should mention I use the regular keurig. I have a keurig vue also but the bp k cups don't fit well in that chamber and a lot of times ruin the cup because it tears the plastic on top or actually gets stuck in the chamber and I have to dig it out. Minor inconveniences but annoying. Let us know if you experience that.
  • I just push a button on the Keurig and it spits out a measured amount of water. I'm not sure what problem you're having, can you try to describe it more clearly?

I'm going to have to try the less full k cup idea. Can anyone share their results on how this worked out for them?

I've run into the same issues as you. If you find good solutions please post.

Here is an additional issue I've run into with these k cups. I can't seem to get a consistent sized cup. I fill the water level the same every day and some days I get an 8oz cup and others I get 12. Should mention I use the regular keurig. I have a keurig vue also but the bp k cups don't fit well in that chamber and a lot of times ruin the cup because it tears the plastic on top or actually gets stuck in the chamber and I have to dig it out. Minor inconveniences but annoying. Let us know if you experience that.