Alpha Gpc Substitute

Hi,

I'm using Alpha GPC along with Aniracetam and am close to running out of Alpha GPC. I live in Dubai and have searched everywhere for it but cannot find it. Amazon won't ship this product to Dubai (I don't know why). Can anyone recommend a suitable substitute? I don't want to have to stop supplementing the Aniracetam.

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• I got mine from peaknootropics.com, about $50 for 50g, intl shipping $12.95.  It took a while though because customs denied it the first time coming in, but after emailing support they were able to get it straightened out eventually.   

In a pinch, you can get choline bitartrate just about anywhere, and pretty cheap.  It's not as good as Alpha GPC or CDP choline, you have to take more of it, but it's easy to find in a hurry while you're trying to source the good stuff.  I keep a bottle from Vitacost.com on hand for emergencies.

Btw peaknootropics appears only to carry it in bulk powder form, if that's a concern.

• hza,

Thanks for the info - I actually have some Alpha GPC in powder form but no way of knowing how to dose it - I don't have empty caps or a scale that can measure such small quantities.

I'll have a look for some choline bitartrate while I try and find another way to source some Alpha GPC! Can you give me an idea of how much I would need to take along with 2000mg of Aniracetam? I currently take about 400mg of Alpha GPC between my caps and Alpha Brain.

Thanks for your help so far!

• Here's a place I was going to try before I found peaknootropics:  http://www.smartdrugsforthought.com/  They sell capsules, price doesn't look too bad, and iirc they ship most places.  I got the url from somewhere here on the forum so hopefully that means somebody here thought they were OK--for the record, I can't recommend them from personal experience.

Can't tell you anything about dosing; for one thing it's of course a highly individual matter, and on top of that I don't have any experience with aniracetam.  All I can say is as a rule of thumb you need a good 2-3 times as much choline bitartrate as A-GPC.  I was taking I think about 3 grams a day with 2.4g piracetam, both split up into 2 separate doses, and I never had any problems.  Aniracetam, no clue--and 2g seems like an awful lot--maybe somebody else can help out with a suggestion there.

How long have you been doing this stack with Alpha Brain?  I was under the impression that it was a little dicey mixing huperzia serrata with choline and racetams.  

• Never mind, just read your other thread.  How's that been going?  Any more headaches, that sort of thing?

• I wouldn't say I've been getting headaches, just that wierd sort of feeling around the temples sometimes when I take less Alpha GPC

• GhastlyPrezGhastlyPrez Ghastly Prezence

Smart Drugs for Thought is a pretty reputable nootropics vendor, and it seems that in the past month they added several more products to their list (uridine, tianeptine, and idebenone). Peak is also a pretty good vendor as well and I think they might have an account on this forum for direct contact, however I may be mistaken.

• Smart Drugs for Thought looks good, thanks for letting me know :-)

• GhastlyPrezGhastlyPrez Ghastly Prezence

Not a problem, if you have any questions feel free to shoot them my way or to give the people at SDfT an email/phone call. I've always found out of everything their customer service has been top notch.

• Sami, have you tried CDP choline? It has less choline by weight than alpha GPC, but enzymes in humans create a lot of uridine, which has neuro protective properties. Add some fish oil to your stack and it's a good combo. In fact, I typically take CDP choline over alpha GPC (For the uridine factor)

• Sami, have you tried CDP choline? It has less choline by weight than alpha GPC, but enzymes in humans create a lot of uridine, which has neuro protective properties. Add some fish oil to your stack and it's a good combo. In fact, I typically take CDP choline over alpha GPC (For the uridine factor)

I haven't tried it yet because couldn't find it, found choline bitartrate out here in Dubai and have been using that until I get some more Alpha GPC. Thanks for the info

• Sami, as I am sure you are aware, choline bitartrate isn't an efficient or quality source of the choline that is converted to acetylcholine. Obviously if you have no choice, it is what it is. There are some reports of needing as high as 3-4g per day of choline bitartrate, though. Just keep tracking constantly and see what dosage is working for you

• Sami, as I am sure you are aware, choline bitartrate isn't an efficient or quality source of the choline that is converted to acetylcholine. Obviously if you have no choice, it is what it is. There are some reports of needing as high as 3-4g per day of choline bitartrate, though. Just keep tracking constantly and see what dosage is working for you

It's my low quality backup until the reinforcements (Alpha GPC) arrive! I've been taking 1050mg a day (Solgar brand) with my Aniracetam and haven't been experiencing any headaches. Do you think I should up the dose?

• It's my low quality backup until the reinforcements (Alpha GPC) arrive! I've been taking 1050mg a day (Solgar brand) with my Aniracetam and haven't been experiencing any headaches. Do you think I should up the dose?

Without headaches, I don't think you need to increase dosage. Keep an eye on it though. If you feel brain fog, headaches etc. revaluate (that does NOT mean automatically add more)

• Without headaches, I don't think you need to increase dosage. Keep an eye on it though. If you feel brain fog, headaches etc. revaluate (that does NOT mean automatically add more)

I ended up increasing the dose to 1400mg but have now received my Alpha GPC and on 600mg of that with my 1500mg of Aniracetam

• I ended up increasing the dose to 1400mg but have now received my Alpha GPC and on 600mg of that with my 1500mg of Aniracetam

Great. Keep tracking, though. Best to have an idea of how you are improving (or not) depending on the type.