Honey And Milk

I know a lot of you don't consume dairy or much sugar but those of you who do, have you tried these two in your coffee? They're an indulgent combo, it tastes like magic! The milk gives it that malty taste and the honey works with it synergistically. Don't use much of either, you don't want to over power the coffee.

Comments

• edited November 2013
    Will break the fast if you are doing bpif. I used to use milk or cream but the butter makes up for that now. Honey is awesome in coffee but the sugar leads me to a crash and gives me the nods.
  • It's not for everyone. Don't use this if you're fasting obviously.
  • I have Raw A2 milk, (Guernsey)  But I don't put it in my coffee. I do however always use some raw honey.  Good stuff.

• I have Raw A2 milk, (Guernsey)  But I don't put it in my coffee. I do however always use some raw honey.  Good stuff.

Give the milk a try, combined with honey in the coffee it's really really good.

• edited November 2013

As I like flavored coffee... I use my BP decaf, add butter, MCT, a little cream, a spinkle of cinnamon/cocoa powder, and a drop of Stevia.

Put that through the blender and its over the top for me. I'm probably breaking a BP diet law but its what works for me.  : )  I should add

that the cream is Organic. Before I moved to BC I use to be able to get raw milk/cream but haven't found a source near me here. I realize

the "raw milk police" are out and about cause they say raw milk is deadly. Its an upside down world...

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

I haven't tried this, though I'm sure it's quite good.

One thing, though: If you're using raw honey, adding it to hot coffee is pretty much going to ruin most of the healthful benefits. Heating raw honey to any significant degree (ie; adding it to steaming hot coffee) will lead to a destruction of all the helpful secretions in it. Just something to consider.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!