Teeth Whitening Solutions?

Since we're all going to have stained teeth from drinking so much bulletproof coffee, I thought we should get one of these threads going  

It will benefit us all. :)

What you been using?

Comments

• Activated charcoal sprinkled on my toothpaste.

-Devic

• Activated charcoal sprinkled on my toothpaste.

-Devic

Never heard this one. How effective is it mate?

• Hydrogen peroxide.

• oil pulling with coconut oil. IT'S  MAGIC I SWEAR!!! Literally just take maybe a teaspoon, you don't need much of coconut oil, swish it around in your mouth for at least 10 min, 20 min is best, spit it out and rinse your mouth with clean water.. it's unbelievable. Plus it's better than brushing your teeth because it's massively antibacterial and it gets into your gums... been used for thousands of years as a cure for dental problems 

• edited November 2013

I use sodabicarbonate and lemone. I use it regulary once per week and it works fine for me :), Here are recipes, you can also use banana peel.

• So have you ran the N=1 test on this 'doubt'? Do 2 weeks of just swishing your saliva around your mouth for 15-20 mins. See what your results are. Then do it with coconut oil. See what your results are.

For those that promote oil pulling... I doubt it's the oil doing anything, it's all the saliva you are producing and swishing for 15-20 minutes.

• Vitamin K2 supplementation. 

• I'm not sure the saliva is anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.  People have certainly noticed differences between using different kinds of oil to do oil pulling and most end up agreeing with coconut oil as yielding the best results.  My own experimentation lines up with that.

I suspect coconut oil kills off bacteria/fungi/yeast in the mouth.

Oil pulling has whitened my teeth and made my tongue much pinker.  I also drink raw milk a few times a week (because it tastes good and random strangers on YouTube say it will re-mineralize your teeth -so it MUST be true).

--

Michael Stone

• Star ChaserStar Chaser Powered by Shred

Never heard this one. How effective is it mate?

Dave recommended it in a podcast. Do it once a week and people will be commenting how white your teeth are. In reality though it's just really good at removing surface stains.

I am a Video Game composer under the pseudonym Star Chaser.

twitch.tv/starchaservgm (streaming most saturday and sunday nights EST)

Guitarist:

https://youtu.be/8L0SkovqEf4

Next cover is Die by the Sword by Dragonforce.

Music/Health/Biohacking Blog and Podcast currently under construction.

Thanks to the internet, health experts, and my unending curiosity, I have overcome: excessive sweating (adrenal fatigue), anxiety and panic attacks, extremely high estrogen levels (man boobs), chronic brain fog (yeast overgrowth), depression, and am currently battling SIBO (took it from being so bloated it felt like my stomach skin was going to rip, slept 2 hours per night for a week because of upset stomach and being chronically fatigued to very mild, manageable but still annoying symptoms) and currently battling sleep deprivation/insomnia probably due to the SIBO/Leaky Gut and resulting histamine intolerance.

• I agree about oil pulling.  Whitens the teeth, helps the gums, kills germs and helps the mouth feel clean.  Even if it is just because of saliva, it still works, plus you get the added benefit of absorbing some of the coconut oil.

• edited April 2014
    Brush your teeth with a paste made of turmeric and a little bit of water.

Cleans your teeth but will stain everything else so watch your clothes...
  • I think I'm going to get to the bottom of this. How often should I swish saliva in my mouth?

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

My N=1 tells me that oil pulling is BS, but if you feel like giving it a shot, go for it. Some people swear by it.

I drink a fair bit of coffee and tea, but my teeth are rather white. I don't use toothpaste and instead brush with water daily. Also, once a week or so, I brush with water and activated charcoal. Boom. Whitens teeth like you wouldn't believe right from the very start. I'm not positive about how rough this stuff is on your teeth, so I only do it once a week to keep the abrasiveness to a minumum. but I find it hard to believe that it would be more abrasive than something like baking soda, which a lot of people tend to use daily. Highly recommend the charcoal, mate. If you're worried about degenerating the mineralization of your teeth, you could swish with diluted hydrogen peroxide afterward. I hear that this can help your teeth remineralize, though I haven't tried it myself. Doing the charcoal once a week hasn't given me any problems in that department.

And, of course, eating a paleo/BP diet goes a long way towards increasing oral health in and of itself.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• And, of course, eating a paleo/BP diet goes a long way towards increasing oral health in and of itself.

Still cavity free here, after having suffered chronic cavities before going paleo/BP.  Due for a complete round of x-rays next visit, and I'm debating on whether to go through with them as proof positive I'm not developing any, or find a new dentist who won't x-ray my head every year. 

Digging the charcoal idea, gonna have to give that a go.  My hygienist gave me a coupon for a powered toothbrush seeing that I had some staining visible last visit, and then I got sticker shock when I actually looked for one.  What a stupid idea that was, may as well throw my money out the window.