Aniracetam Under 23

Hello fellow brainhackers,

recently I found out that my blood pressure is really low and after a bit of research I understood that it's probably caused by high iNOS levels.

As DA wrote on the posts I linked, iNOS levels are raised when choline levels are high and, as you all know very well, choline dominance doesn't help at all.

Here come my questions:

1) Is it TK that I am choline dominant even though after almost three months supplementing ALCAR and eating tons of eggs I've experienced jaw tension only last week for the first time? Is it that I mistook what's meant with "jaw tension"?

Since last week I've started to reduce egg intake and I cut off completely ALCAR from my morning stack. After I eat eggs, I feel a slight pressure around my temples, but nothing more. IF I tighten my jaws, THEN I feel kinda tense (for a few seconds), but nothing really alarming.

2) Is it possible to BECOME choline dominant?

Then the main question of the topic.

3) A fast way to deplete the high amount of choline would be using -racetams, would it violate the "no-nootropics-under-23-because-the-brain-isn't-fully-developed rule" if I'm actually 22? How do I understand that my brain is fully developed? How do you measure it?

Thanks for the attention

SOURCES 

DA's answer:

​http://paleohacks.com/questions/143135/what-can-cause-sudden-increase-in-caffeine-sensiti.html

and again DA's answer, this time on bulletproofexec:

Joshua Whiteman 
• a year ago

•  
  •  

I began using upgraded bulletproof coffee at the same time as aniracetam and choline. Coffee and racetams were exceptionally great. Then I tried DMAE and huperzine- a. Shortly after this, I began getting very bad orthostatic hypotension, headaches and a generally off feeling, within 1-3 hours of consuming the coffee and aniracetam/choline. After reading this article and having Dave respond to a forum comment, it is a high probability I am choline dominant. Some suggestions from Dave for others having potential choline issues.

"Try turmeric, ginger, glutathione, betaine HCL, hydroxycobalamin, P5P, magnesium, and very high dose 5-MTHF (aka folate, NOT folic acid). Do not take folate without a source of B12."

I am going keep eating raw ginger, taking betaine HCL and magnesium and also consume higher doses of piracetam to lower choline levels. I had coffee for first time in a week, today and still felt the affects.

•  

Dave Asprey Mod  Joshua Whiteman 
    • a year ago

•  
    •  

Joshua, you completely overwhelmed your choline system. When this happens you may benefit from piracetam because it lowers choline, and unfiltered (metal filter) coffee is a good idea (stops iNOS problem that excess acetylcholine causes.) And stay the heck away from huperzine and any other cholinesterase inhibitors (like pesticides and roundup).

taken from
http://www.bulletproofexec.com/upgrade-your-brain/

Comments

• GhastlyPrezGhastlyPrez Ghastly Prezence

There is no real way to measure if your brain is fully developed. Personally i started taking nootropics at the age of 18 when my Grandmother first introduced them to me. I personally don't see an issue with taking nootropics at an "early" age, considering how safe they are and how they don't have any toxic or addictive qualities.

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

Dammit, your Grandmother is COOL! :) (Most of them are cool, but this is a new level of Super Grandma Coolness.)

There is no real way to measure if your brain is fully developed. Personally i started taking nootropics at the age of 18 when my Grandmother first introduced them to me. I personally don't see an issue with taking nootropics at an "early" age, considering how safe they are and how they don't have any toxic or addictive qualities.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• Thank you very much for the feedback, guys. 

I'll buy some and write about the effects ASAP.

• Look into Dr. Eric Braverman's book "The Edge Effect". It has some tests that will give you a good idea on where you are dominant vs. deficient. It isn't perfect and it is HIS analysis, but it is good / useful for many. 

• edited December 2013

I'll certainly check it out.

Thanks for the source, brainstorm11.

EDIT:

straight out of google, was this the quiz you meant?

http://advancedpsychcare.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/braverman.test.pdf

• I'll certainly check it out.

Thanks for the source, brainstorm11.

EDIT:

straight out of google, was this the quiz you meant?

http://advancedpsychcare.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/braverman.test.pdf

Yup, that's it. A little different than the book (seems to be labeled, which can alter the results). Anyway, take the test and see how you do. Might be worth getting the book for all of it, but looks like the author of that PDF did a good job.

• I took the test and I ended up Acetylcholine dominant and GABA deficient.

Today I tried aniracetam for the first time here are the effects for now:

took aniracetam without choline (other than a bit from the thorne research B complex)

No great nootropic effects or whatsoever, just a little euphoria at the beginning (guess it's placebo)

felt a bit anxious (I do only when something is wrong with my biochem, else I NEVER feel it)

felt slight pressure on my forehead/temples, it's similar to the ones I have when my pressure is low or when I have too much choline

first I tried some caffeine for the pressure, no results.

then I got some choline biartrate which made me feel better

12.30->13.15

food+ second dose of aniracetam (on full stomach)

I also measured my pressure and got better levels, higher than usual but still very low.

felt anxiety again, but it faded in 10mins or so.

I didn't measure, but I guess that I got a bit swifter at thinking what to write.

Other than that and the pressure levels, I got only slight drawbacks.

Isn't aniracetam supposed to be an anxiolytic? :P

• edited December 2013

Ok guys, I finally fixed the pressure problem. Thank you all for the support.

I kept using Aniracetam and had a wonderful experience with it at the Pinacoteca di Brera, Milan.

I found that a good ratio was 20 ml both Aniracetam and ALCAR(about 1.3g) once in the morning and then once again after lunch.

Does it seem reasonable in your experience?

• Some suggestions for Aniracetam cofactors... 

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDWxyM2fYPo[/media]

• Referencing random and anonymous reddit users doesn't inspire confidence.  Does your company do research or just sell nootropics and package research done by others?

• what is a good website and brandname to buy piracetam from?
  • edited February 2014

I'm in EU and I usually shop at

intellimeds.co.uk // damn cheap and it seems to be the real stuff

jgsupplements.com // has pretty much anything

I heard also of mindnutrition.com but haven't had the chance to test it yet.

I guess you can find piracetam there too.

• I can personally vouch for JG supplements.com. Very good EU provider.