Log - First Experiment - Piracetam + Cdp Choline

edited November 2013 in Cognitive Performance

Hey Guys, I am very new to nootropics, but have been noticing a decline in my mental  aptitude over the last year which sparked action in the interest to boost my brain. I wanted to start this thread to not only provide a log for myself but aid any others in their  pursuit  of the perfect stack.  Quick background and baseline. 

Male : 27 yo : 155 lbs : 5'6 : Work out 5 days a week:  Organic Diet high in protein(65%) Mostly Red meats, some chicken; vegetables (25%) : remainder is carbs from brown rice, corn tortillas,  potatoes  

Day 1 Stack : Started at noon 

12:00 pm

Piracetam: 800 mg 

CDP Choline: 250 mg 

High grade Fishoil :1000 mg

EPA : 295 MG

DHA: 235 mg

CoEnzyme Q-10: 20 mg

Vitamin D3: 5000 IU 

Apoaequorin:10 mg

Open for suggestions on  dosages. 

5:00 pm Log : had a bit of a tension headache which i had prior to taking the stack, I  definitely saw a slight pickup in my mood and  clarity increased slightly as well. These mostly were brought on Post Piracetam and CDP Choline ingestion. 

Bedtime stack (lack thereof ): Melatonin 5mg

Sleep Log: Did not sleep well, I felt very tired and ready to sleep but i kept having involuntary arm flailing in the night. (this is not uncommon for me, I have had this quiet a bit before when my testosterone levels are high or I have had caffeinated drinks too late.) However on a side note I am not taking testosterone boosters atm and I didnt have any  caffeinated drink post 11:00am  

I drank some coffee this morning (not bp) |  With 3 Eggs(runny) and 1 Avocado 3 corn tortillas (pretty normal breakfast for me) 

Day 2 - 

6:00 am

Piracetam: 800 mg ( .8 grams) 

CDP Choline: 250 mg (.25 grams)

Open for suggestions on  dosages. 

9:30 am log: So far I feel pretty good, I seem to have a decent amount of energy despite last nights poor sleep. I feel a little more clear then normal at this hour. I plan on taking a second dose of similar dosage stack at 12:00 depending on how I feel in the next hour. 

Comments

• edited November 2013

10:15 am Log: Fatigue is really setting in, im sure in a large part from the poor sleep and early rising. In the odd chance its from a lack of Choline (dont think it is) , I am going to take an additional 100mg and see if it picks me up, if it does I will take an additional 250 mg. If it does not within 45-1 hour i will take the 800 mg of piracetam at 11:15 am with the other stacks and see what happens. 

I just hope my body doesnt dump any more cortisol in an attempt to wake me up and screw with my variables. 

11:30 am Log: Post taking the 100 mg my energy and  lethargy lifted. So I took another 250mg and am feeling great. 

I am going to eat lunch in 15 minutes at which time I will take the following stack. 

350 mg of choline from above 

Vitamin D3: 2500 IU 

7:00 pm Log: Took another 250 MG of choline to try and fight this tension headache, seems to be working. Have had a very bad mood for the last 2 hours.  Nothing was interesting me, or fullfilling me almost to the point of but not quiet depressing.  Struggling even now to write this. The 7 & 7 seems to be helping.  The effects of the the piracetam so far are  noticeable, but not life altering that is for sure. I Obviously just started so we will see what happends in the next 3-4 days untill my Provigil gets here. I also have a stack of other nootropics on the way. I am going to try my very best to hold off on taking the provigil untill my other nootropics come in so that Ii can get a baseline on the racetams before I start with the big guns. (no promises) 

List of what is on the way. Noopept, phenylracetam, NALT, Sulbutiamine, Caffeine Anhydrous

• Took a day off of piracetam to see if it was giving me the head ache.  head ache continued untill later into the day when is subsided and I started feeling extremely clear. I am under the impression that i might need a lower  dosage  of piracetam even though I am extremely low already. I am going to try it on a level of .5 grams to see what happends.

Piracetam: 500 mg ( .5 grams) 

CDP Choline: 250 mg (.25 grams)

• Definitely good to start off small. If you are seeing correlations between headaches and piracetam, it may be best to stay clear of noopept, phenylpiracetam, and sulbutiamine. Or at least start with very small dosages. 

A lot of people advocate as high as 3.6g of piracetam daily so if you're having trouble with 1.6g or so, you might be a bit more sensitive. These are some of your first experiments? Tread carefully. Provigil is not for the feint of heart. You may see as many advantages from doing something as simple as:

Fishoil (almost all DHA), choline, piracetam, and caffeine + L-Theanine combo. I'd just be hesitant with overdoing it at the beginning.

• edited December 2013

10:15 am Log: Fatigue is really setting in, im sure in a large part from the poor sleep and early rising. In the odd chance its from a lack of Choline (dont think it is) , I am going to take an additional 100mg and see if it picks me up, if it does I will take an additional 250 mg. If it does not within 45-1 hour i will take the 800 mg of piracetam at 11:15 am with the other stacks and see what happens. 

I just hope my body doesnt dump any more cortisol in an attempt to wake me up and screw with my variables. 

11:30 am Log: Post taking the 100 mg my energy and  lethargy lifted. So I took another 250mg and am feeling great. 

I am going to eat lunch in 15 minutes at which time I will take the following stack. 

350 mg of choline from above 

Vitamin D3: 2500 IU 

7:00 pm Log: Took another 250 MG of choline to try and fight this tension headache, seems to be working. Have had a very bad mood for the last 2 hours.  Nothing was interesting me, or fullfilling me almost to the point of but not quiet depressing.  Struggling even now to write this. The 7 & 7 seems to be helping.  The effects of the the piracetam so far are  noticeable, but not life altering that is for sure. I Obviously just started so we will see what happends in the next 3-4 days untill my Provigil gets here. I also have a stack of other nootropics on the way. I am going to try my very best to hold off on taking the provigil untill my other nootropics come in so that Ii can get a baseline on the racetams before I start with the big guns. (no promises) 

List of what is on the way. Noopept, phenylracetam, NALT, Sulbutiamine, Caffeine Anhydrous

Excessive choline can lead to depression-like symptoms, especially CDP-Choline (or so I've heard). You seem to be dosing more than normal ranges, and you're using one of the higher quality choline types (CDP-Choline and Alpha-GPC), so I'm guessing it's easier to overdose on those.

Personally, I tend to get into a bad mood all day if I dose more than 250mg CDP-Choline.

Have you tried using any of the cheaper choline sources, such as Bitartrate or Citrate?

• kaikai
    edited January 2014
  • Hi Brink,

Can you share an update?  Did you settle on an optimal dose of piracetam?

What have been your experiences with Noopept, phenylracetam, NALT, Sulbutiamine and Caffeine Anhydrous?