Comments

• RekaReka ✭✭✭
    edited November 2013

Does this mean you don't get rashes or diarrhea / cramps after eating it? I have no idea what they mean by allergy / sensitivity. If so, sorry but you can still get worse than that on the long term. I guess if you test how you feel without it for a few months and then eat it again the difference you feel will tell you.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• SystemSystem mod
    edited November 2013

Does this mean you don't get rashes or diarrhea / cramps after eating it?

Good question. No, I've never gotten any rashes or cramps from eating food. 

However, I remember I usually get extreme brain fog whenever I would eat a pear (I have a severe intolerance to it, apparently), and it never happens when I eat an apple.

• Here is an article that gets into it:

http://chriskresser.com/50-shades-of-gluten-intolerance

As the above peps have stated, there are levels of intolerance gluten can do anything from killing you to one getting fat, brain fog and acne.

• Here is an article that gets into it:

http://chriskresser.com/50-shades-of-gluten-intolerance

As the above peps have stated, there are levels of intolerance gluten can do anything from killing you to one getting fat, brain fog and acne.

Will read. Thanks.

• Allergic means nothing. Two slices of bread still raise your blood sugar as much as a snickers bar and a half. I dont need an allergy to tell me that's no good.

• Allergic means nothing. Two slices of bread still raise your blood sugar as much as a snickers bar and a half. I dont need an allergy to tell me that's no good.

Allergic means nothing, huh? Interesting.

• SystemSystem mod
    edited November 2013

Allergic means nothing. Two slices of bread still raise your blood sugar as much as a snickers bar and a half. I dont need an allergy to tell me that's no good.

The test doesn't check for allergies, btw. It checks for intolerances.

You would know if you have an allergy to a food without even being test because the symptoms are so obvious. However, a food intolerance is very subtle and is usually not detected, unless blood tests are conducted.

• edited November 2013

ok then eat your wheat... if you're looking for a pat on the back/ fishing for research "debunking" the "gluten/wheat sensitivity myth" you're not likely to get it a) because avoiding wheat is like 1/3 of being bulletproof b)wheat kills

just weigh your pro's and con's bro, you know how this works

// moving on

• There is no test for wheat sensitiviy. Still, in randomized controled studies individuals who is off wheat for some time will notice when scientist sneak it back into the diet. But the traditional tests show nothing.

Which Factors are Most Important for Strength Development? Find out on this episode with Black Belt Nutrition on Super Human Radio 

The 5 Best & Worst Supplements - A free insider report from Black Belt Nutrition

3 Steps to become a master Bio-Hacker - Part 1

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

If in fact you have no intolerance to wheat, then that's great. Of course, it doesn't make wheat any more viable a food option. It's nutrient-barren, a sugar-bomb and could lead to problems down the line. I can eat gluten now and then with very few ill effects. But I know I really shouldn't. It may taste good, sure, but it's not doing a thing for me from a nutritional standpoint.

The phobia towards wheat/gluten may be a little overblown in some parts of our community, but really, even if you ignore the anti-nutrient properties of gluten and its potential for causing digestive problems/other conditions down the road, wheat is still a food completely devoid of nutritional merit.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• SystemSystem mod
    edited November 2013

ok then eat your wheat... if you're looking for a pat on the back/ fishing for research "debunking" the "gluten/wheat sensitivity myth" you're not likely to get it a) because avoiding wheat is like 1/3 of being bulletproof b)wheat kills

just weigh your pro's and con's bro, you know how this works

// moving on

I'm not looking for a pat on the back at all. Also, I'm not pushing an agenda, so I don't know why you're acting like I'm looking for reinforcement.

I came here because I was completely mind-blown after looking at the test results. I had wholeheartedly believed everyone had at least some intolerance to wheat and grains, especially after listening to Dr. William Davis' talks about the dangers of wheat and after reading the Better Baby Book.

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

Some people live well into old age eating wheat daily and it never seems to take a toll. Indeed, some are simply lucky in that regard, and have probably developed some sort of genetic resistance over several generations towards those aspects of wheat that others find so deleterious.

The results of this test may be evidence that you're one of those people who can enjoy wheat without too many ill effects. If so, then whatever. That's cool. But I think the biggest issue I have with wheat is that it's, at best, a 'fluff' food. It's got nothing going for it from a nutritional standpoint, and the problems it does cause in various individuals are enough to steer me away. Like I said upthread, I eat wheat sometimes. Twenty years from now, if I go to eat a biscuit or some pizza, there's no telling whether my body will react to it in the same way, however. Food is fuel, and aside from the occassional indulgence, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me to use such a poor form of fuel as wheat.

Sorry if it feels like some in this thread have dog-piled you. Wheat's a touchy subject and eating it is kind of a dietary taboo for a lot of us-- especially those of us who take this way of eating more seriously. Some of us do have problems when eating it, which only adds to the chorus of "Wheat = Satan".

Lol, I'm rambling now. But, to be more succinct:

Cool results, thanks for sharing. Still wouldn't sugest eating wheat with any frequency, though.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• I have taken a food sensitivity test, too, and I am sensitive to gluten/gliadin, dairy (whey, casein, lactose, as well as goat's milk, damn it!), eggs (whites and yolks, another "damn it!") and to a lesser extent, peanuts.  I am NOT sensitive to soy.  

However, that doesn't mean I think soy is a good food.  What that means to me is that if I accidentally eat something with soy, I won't freak out like someone who is allergic or seriously intolerant/sensitive (there is a difference) to soy.  Soy, like wheat, tends to be a highly genetically modified foods, and it also has phytoestrogens and other things in it that just make it a less-than-great food to consume.  This is very similar to wheat for you.  You will be better able than most of the rest of us to eat wheat on a holiday or for a splurge or "cheat".  

My two cents is that there are much more nutritious foods you can eat besides wheat.  Coming from me, a descendant of Volga German wheat farmers who settled in the eastern part of Washington State to farm, saying this is almost heresy.  But there much better foods you could put in your body if you want to eat a starchy carbohydrate, rather than wheat products.

Mary

• There's a difference between an allergy and messing with digestion, I'm not allergic to glass but it still makes me shit blood haha.

Awesome.

• Awesome.

It's a terrible analogy, actually, because glass isn't deemed an edible food.