Rapid Fat Loss 2.0 - Is Muscle Loss As Issue ?

Hey,

I've been doing BP IF for several months now while lifting weights and my body is slowly recomping. Gaining muscle and losing fat.

I remember when Dave interviewed the guy about the calorie myth and he was talking about eating the right quality food and your weight starts to normalize.

Well, it's not happening fast enough. I've been doing BP IF for close to 6 months now and while I dropped a few pounds of fat, I wish it would have been more.

Anyways, I was thinking about trying the Rapid Fat Loss protocol 2.0 but I don't want to lose any muscle, or perhaps very little muscle.

I assume if I do this protocol I need to stop working out? Because I won't have enough protein to build new muscles? Or should I increase the amount of BCAA's that I'm taking in ?

Basically, for someone who builds muscle regularly, how should they approach this protocol?

I am around 22% body fat right now. It sucks... and I eat perfectly BP.

Comments

• Not sure what the point of this forum is, if nobody ever answers anything anymore.

• U realize u bump after few hours? Have some patience man. But u can eat a bit less kcal, no reason to go extreme. Just eat 300 kcal less a day and se
  • U realize u bump after few hours? Have some patience man. But u can eat a bit less kcal, no reason to go extreme. Just eat 300 kcal less a day and see what happens. Like dave says in that podcast, kcal matter, it is just not the most important thing. So if you are already doing the other things right, I would drop kcal a bit.
  • MaverickAzzMaverickAzz Powerful

There's a RFLP 2.0 now? Got a link?

How's your sleep?

No sorcery, just science. 

• I'm sorry for my impatience. I have had many unanswered questions on this forum and it gets a little frustrating.

And I don't know why I wrote 2.0 and I can't even find what I was referring to.

I am going to try doing RFL on my days off from the gym to hopefully speed things up.

• The amount of peps who do RFL is not so large, the amount who do it and stick around after they lost weight is smaller, the amount of people who did RFL, stuck around and work out enough to care about muscle is very very small I believe.  If I were you I'd try for a protein fast before RFL, remember that Dave calls it lose weight faster than you likely ought to.  I have not done RFL so I can't speak from experience but I would say you should not lose muscle, but assuming you are lifting weights ensure that if you weaken stop with the RFL.  This is a nice thing about lifting: you should know exactly where you are at and so if you weaken you will be on top of it.