Most Calories At/after Dinner Hampering Fat Loss?

I'm trying to figure out exactly why I've stalled at the last ten pounds. 

I've realized that on a typical day I will reach dinner having only eaten 800-1100 calories. 

By the time I go to bed I'm at 2000-2250. (Dinner is always a large protein serving, I.e an entire pound of GF beef or GF ribeye, or several lamb chops, or chicken and white rice, or salmon). After dinner all have a few dark chocolate squares and possibly some walnuts). 

First meal at noon: 3 whole eggs, 1/4-1/2 a can of black beans, GF butter= APPX 500 calories. 

Second "meal" at 4-5 PM two brown rice cakes with 2 tbsp of all natural peanut butter (peanuts, salt)= APPX 300 calories. 

On some days I'll juice vegetables so we can add another 200-300 calories. 

Some days before my eggs I'll make BP coffee (300) calories. 

Is this "top-heavy" eating style sabotaging results? 

Thoughts anyone???

Comments

• Lower your carbs and up your fat and vegetable intake.

Breakfast 3 eggs(soft boiled), an avocado, 3tbsp of mct oil mixed in a bowl.

Lunch 1/3 lb meat, assorted veg with 3 tbsp fat and an avocado

dinner see above

Stop eating peanut butter, rice cakes and beans.  Maybe the cakes on carb loading meals.  To answer your question no, top heavy diets is not the issue.  If you intermittent fast most of your calories come in the PM.

• edited November 2013

Eating a pound of meat at dinner is just silly, and cut the non bp foods.

---

Jason, off the top of your head can you give me some simple to prepare foods to replace the beans and peanut butter and rice cakes? I'm concerned with how to satiate myself if I cut those foods. Also. How much meat should I consume for dinner. Is it ok to eat a pound of beef in a day? Should I just eat more before dinner so I can get away with a smaller dinner-time meal? I'm a college student and am all about simplicity with eating. 

• Sweet potato and almond butter..... or sweet potato with some coconut oil or kerrygold

• edited November 2013

Lower your carbs and up your fat and vegetable intake.

Breakfast 3 eggs(soft boiled), an avocado, 3tbsp of mct oil mixed in a bowl.

Lunch 1/3 lb meat, assorted veg with 3 tbsp fat and an avocado

dinner see above

Stop eating peanut butter, rice cakes and beans.  Maybe the cakes on carb loading meals.  To answer your question no, top heavy diets is not the issue.  If you intermittent fast most of your calories come in the PM.

---

I like cooking my eggs in a pan. Is there a reason soft-boiling is better? I'm assuming it has something to do with oxidization. Also... are you suggesting I eat two avocados a day? Any idea on macronutrient breakdown in regards to protein? I read that Dave reccomends 20% but I'm wondering I can get away with 30-35%. I guess 50% is too much. Even if I do exercise. Will cut down protein and up fats and veggies for sure. 

• Yes, it's oxidation that is the issue with the eggs, I feel 3 min eggs are about right.  I am suggesting 3 avocados a day actually, one at every meal.  I don't like counting calories or macros but I did so once and what I recommend you is maybe a bit protein deficient so you could up the protein to a half pound max for each meal.  But, this can hamper fat loss.  Listen man, I am 10% body fat and train 4x a week.  I am not advising you to do something that is not proven effective already.  Check out Jason's thread for more data: http://forum.bulletproofexec.com/index.php?/topic/2156-bulletproofing-the-athlete-a-fully-customizable-template-for-tracking-and-changing-food-intake-based-on-changing-goals/ Personally I intermittent fast 4 days a week so I don't eat breakfast those days, just the bp coffee till 3pm.

But at the end of the day I would recommend you truly enter the cyclical ketogenic diet if you want to lose weight and that means very low carb with a refeed meal once a week.

• Yes, it's oxidation that is the issue with the eggs, I feel 3 min eggs are about right.  I am suggesting 3 avocados a day actually, one at every meal.  I don't like counting calories or macros but I did so once and what I recommend you is maybe a bit protein deficient so you could up the protein to a half pound max for each meal.  But, this can hamper fat loss.  Listen man, I am 10% body fat and train 4x a week.  I am not advising you to do something that is not proven effective already.  Check out Jason's thread for more data: http://forum.bulletproofexec.com/index.php?/topic/2156-bulletproofing-the-athlete-a-fully-customizable-template-for-tracking-and-changing-food-intake-based-on-changing-goals/ Personally I intermittent fast 4 days a week so I don't eat breakfast those days, just the bp coffee till 3pm.

But at the end of the day I would recommend you truly enter the cyclical ketogenic diet if you want to lose weight and that means very low carb with a refeed meal once a week.

---

Thanks for the EXCELLENT advice, I guess I (and many others) have this fear of losing muscle via not enough protein intake. I don't know how much muscle you have but 10% bf sounds damn good to me as I'm at 15-16 right now. I'll definitely experiment with less protein and upping the fat. I'm sure 20-30% protein is plenty to maintain and maybe even add a little muscle (my build is a bit muscular naturally), but I do mainly cardio and lift heavy only once-twice a week. I'm much more concerned with losing the fat first; I can always bulk up later if I feel the need to do so.

Thanks again.