Bp Mastermind Group?

Would anyone be interested in starting up a BP Mastermind group?

I've been stoked to see the increased activity on this board, and feel like perhaps a group where we get on a google hangout once a week or every two weeks to discuss wealth hacking would be beneficial. Other mastermind groups I've been a part of have been helpful for myself to keep accountable and to feel a sense of community despite the lonely nature of being an entrepreneur. As well, the problem solving help from an objective standpoint can be totally invaluable.

So, any interest?

Comments

• Would anyone be interested in starting up a BP Mastermind group?

I've been stoked to see the increased activity on this board, and feel like perhaps a group where we get on a google hangout once a week or every two weeks to discuss wealth hacking would be beneficial. Other mastermind groups I've been a part of have been helpful for myself to keep accountable and to feel a sense of community despite the lonely nature of being an entrepreneur. As well, the problem solving help from an objective standpoint can be totally invaluable.

So, any interest?

Codon, I think this is a wonderful idea. I think because everyone is so widespread  we should start some google hangout sessions and discuss specific topics. If anyone is interested I say we should start one up! Even if it is just 5 people. 

• Star ChaserStar Chaser Powered by Shred
    edited December 2013

Would anyone be interested in starting up a BP Mastermind group?

So, any interest?

I'm interested but wealth hacking is a huge topic, do you have any ideas for launching points for the first meeting?

I am a Video Game composer under the pseudonym Star Chaser.

twitch.tv/starchaservgm (streaming most saturday and sunday nights EST)

Guitarist:

https://youtu.be/8L0SkovqEf4

Next cover is Die by the Sword by Dragonforce.

Music/Health/Biohacking Blog and Podcast currently under construction.

Thanks to the internet, health experts, and my unending curiosity, I have overcome: excessive sweating (adrenal fatigue), anxiety and panic attacks, extremely high estrogen levels (man boobs), chronic brain fog (yeast overgrowth), depression, and am currently battling SIBO (took it from being so bloated it felt like my stomach skin was going to rip, slept 2 hours per night for a week because of upset stomach and being chronically fatigued to very mild, manageable but still annoying symptoms) and currently battling sleep deprivation/insomnia probably due to the SIBO/Leaky Gut and resulting histamine intolerance.

• I'm interested but wealth hacking is a huge topic, do you have any ideas for launching points for the first meeting?

Everyone seems very busy right now around the holidays. So after things settle down I'm going to start something on the main thread and organize such a group! 

• I'm interested as well

• Me too. I'll follow this topic.

• I am in, let me know

• Wicked guys! I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes. 

Everyone seems very busy right now around the holidays. So after things settle down I'm going to start something on the main thread and organize such a group! 

Sounds good to me! I'm thinking a weekly/bi-weekly meeting focussing on the general topic of wealth hacking would work, or maybe even a revolving schedule of sub-topics like starting up a business, investing, and mindsets about money each week/bi-weekly could be cool. 

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

What would the outcome of the group be? An investment syndicate? Or a place to bounce around ideas, discuss and get critiques on different investments?

Or take it back slightly and discuss the basics of investing?

• I would be interested in chatting. More interested in starting a business than investment as such, but would very much like to connect to likeminded individuals. I am in the UK on GMT. Please let me know when / where

• Honestly I was hoping to just have regular, small get togethers online with you clever people who are interested in building wealth, and creating a tight knit network for us to leverage individually. Eg. Someone is a pro at day trading, they give a quick overview of what they do, tips, etc. during a weekly meeting and then does a Q&A, and from then on they can be available for others in the group to reach out to if they are interested in learning more. 

• I'm in, keep me posted.

• I'm definitely in as well if there's still room. Is the plan to have it here on the forums or what?

• I think that AndrewMcDermot is organising a massive BP forum wide think tank of sorts, but if anyone would be interested in a small, focussed weekly or biweekly meeting to discuss wealth hacking, offer support to each other, and hold each other accountable in our quests to hack our wealth, please post your availability in this poll: http://doodle.com/udtvnuwbqb8e9c76.

We'll try and choose a time/day of the week that works consistently for most so we can meet at the same time every week or two, so just treat the specific dates as a general week, and make sure that those days/times are ones that you can likely meet at consistently in the future. For the meeting place - I'm thinking Google Hangouts?

If it seems that AndrewMcDermot's groups are discussing the same things we are, totally cool, we'll just merge with theirs!

• This sounds very interesting... I'm following, and would love to join the group.
  • Has this been taken offline yet?

• I'm interested as well

• Hey all! As there hasn't been a ton of movement on the BP mastermind group organisation, I'm starting this one back up.

For all those interested in taking part in this group, please fill out this form. Note that I'll be taking the form in a weeks time (Sept 28th), so don't delay if you are interested.

This is to get contact info, your input on how often we meet and how long for, a max number of members, etc. We'll figure out actual meeting times and such at a later date.

Looking forward to this!

• Did this ever get off the ground? I'm a seasoned marketing consultant and am very interested.

Biggest takeaway after several years as a hardcore biohacker: think long-term. Focus on health first before adding in boosters. It works a lot better.

• Did this ever get off the ground? I'm a seasoned marketing consultant and am very interested.

We're in the process of getting it off the ground now - if you want to get in on this then fill out this form (just contact info, preference on meeting times, etc.).

• edited October 2014

In the e-mails I received and this thread there seemed to be some uncertainty about the nature of such a gathering, and how to conduct it. So I offer a suggestion based on my experience and what I found is stimulating and helpful to the whole group:

In my experience with mastermind groups, I find the most preferable model is akin to an open forum. Anyone can take the floor with a specific problem they have, question, or challenge they are facing and then ask for the input of the group on how they might handle it. Everyone in the group tends to have varied experiences and skills so it allows to get a variety of perspectives about how they might proceed. And there is simply open discussion and input until the person asking feels satisfied, has enough advice together to proceed for now (may not be appropriate to discuss years ahead. Perhaps just the next few weeks and then check progress at a future meeting and take it from there) or until we reach the limits of our ability to provide further advice.

And we simply rotate who has the floor and presents their question, problem or challenge.

Given that we are coming together from bulletproofexec forums and specifically the wealth hacking forum, I imagine that already highlights the type of problems we are looking to discuss, and the type of expertise we'll bring to the table, and the types of questions we will be able to answer.

It's also often beneficial to give some background for each member, so we are familiar with the types of problems that the group's expertise is able to handle. I suspect compiling this background information in advance to be shared with the group may be beneficial. Later, we'll just know it in our heads, but having it upfront before the first meeting will help us consider what problems or challenges of ours are a good fit to be brought forward and discussed with the group ... based on the areas of expertise of the members.

Critics might say this can be done on a forum, and it can. But having a structured meeting time and more personal environment tends to be much more motivating and assures it gets done... better results following. Also, topics that would take weeks to work out via a forum, can be discussed in minutes in an open forum on Skype or similar. The spoken word definitely has a number of advantages. 

How we handle who takes the floor need not be in some sort of rotation. Sometimes one person may have more questions, and less at other times. Compiling an agenda before each meeting is likely the most appropriate. Simply submit that you have a question in advance, and perhaps just a brief summary. And then we'll bring things up as time allows during the meeting.

Let's start with just this in my opinion to keep it simple.

In the future, we can add things like having public tracking data that everyone in the group can see. So we can track progress and get the motivation that comes with pearson's law:

"That which gets measured, improves. That which gets measured and reported, improves exponentially."

I can host anything needed for this on my website if needed. Am also willing to do organizational things needed based on what I suggested.

Talk Soon,

Dante

Biggest takeaway after several years as a hardcore biohacker: think long-term. Focus on health first before adding in boosters. It works a lot better.
  • Justin DJustin D Administrator Admin

I want in.

Idea: Start a shared google doc for people to list their expertise / skill-sets in wealth hacking, and also their short comings and/or topics one would like to learn about (affiliate marketing, investing, etc.)... from there, we'd see common threads that we can build on, or work to fill in the gaps.

This could guide the scheduling of topic-based meetings and hangouts.

Thoughts?

• I want in.

Idea: Start a shared google doc for people to list their expertise / skill-sets in wealth hacking, and also their short comings and/or topics one would like to learn about (affiliate marketing, investing, etc.)... from there, we'd see common threads that we can build on, or work to fill in the gaps.

This could guide the scheduling of topic-based meetings and hangouts.

Thoughts?

An excellent thought. It is often best to try to put together a group with diversified areas of experience.

• The best place to find out info about how a Master Mind group ought to be structured... is Think and Grow Rich. Period. it's the first book to mention them, and it has detailed information about the best way to create one, what its purpose ought to be.

I'd also recommend reading this interview that Dave had with Tom Corley of "Rich Habits"  -  Corley has some wonderful Wealth Habit suggestions, and he also goes into detail about what the nature of a Master Mind group should be, and how to properly run one. 

Also, the October 2014 issue of Success Magazine had an article about Master Mind groups. They need to have a focus and a purpose - not just a bunch of people getting together to discuss random things. But an actual very focused & defined goal / purpose.  

• edited October 2014

The best place to find out info about how a Master Mind group ought to be structured... is Think and Grow Rich. Period. it's the first book to mention them, and it has detailed information about the best way to create one, what its purpose ought to be.

I'd also recommend reading this interview that Dave had with Tom Corley of "Rich Habits"  -  Corley has some wonderful Wealth Habit suggestions, and he also goes into detail about what the nature of a Master Mind group should be, and how to properly run one. 

Also, the October 2014 issue of Success Magazine had an article about Master Mind groups. They need to have a focus and a purpose - not just a bunch of people getting together to discuss random things. But an actual very focused & defined goal / purpose.  

This is an excellent point to begin on. Clarity on what we are doing. Specifically, though ... keep in mind that the original meaning of a mastermind group was equivalent to a board of directors today. A group gathering to head a company, take over a country or whatever other thing. 

Clarity to what we desire is important. Mimicing the original meaning of a mastermind group is irrelevant. If using the same word leads us to think we need to rehash that model (when it isn't the one we want), then we should simply choose a different word.

Notably, my proposition above isn't about starting a "mastermind group." It's a proposition beginning with what it seems everyone wants out of such a gathering ... and then starting from there presenting a way we can all get it. Extending from our desires rather than rehashing a book or model is something I find much more valuable. If the book or model was a fit for us, that may be appropriate. However, it seems clear it isn't.

Garret's post does make a great point, though. My proposition above was based on what it seems most people want from these gatherings. They want to surround themselves with knowledgeable, intelligent, like-minded individuals who can work together to help the other members achieve their goals. Everyone helps everyone else out, and everyone is better overall for having done so. Perhaps we should commit it more specifically to writing what we want, though, and then structure our meetings based on that. 

• Just to update on the progress of setting up the first meet: those who have completed the Google Form have settled on this Saturday at 4pm London time for an hour (give or take). 

This is open to anyone who wants to participate. I will be posting a link to the Google Hangout in this topic close to that time. 

In the days leading up to that, I would love those who are planning on popping in to think more on how we can best use our time together. I agree with Garrett that we should be focussed in our meets, but until we understand exactly what we all want and need I'm not sure we'll be able to really hone our meeting processes to achieve said goals. Wealth hacking is such a huge topic, and I wouldn't be surprised if we're all approaching it different ways (starting businesses, improving skills, personal finance management, investing, etc.).

Maybe we should be devoting our first meeting to discussing our goals, ways we feel we are supported - that kind of thing. It may turn out that we should in fact be having separate topic-based meetings instead of larger ones that touch on lots of topics or are more general. We can turn this into anything we like, so lets be creative shall we?

Really great food for thought in this thread! Looking forward to our first meet :)

• Just to update on the progress of setting up the first meet: those who have completed the Google Form have settled on this Saturday at 4pm London time for an hour (give or take). 

This is open to anyone who wants to participate. I will be posting a link to the Google Hangout in this topic close to that time. 

In the days leading up to that, I would love those who are planning on popping in to think more on how we can best use our time together. I agree with Garrett that we should be focussed in our meets, but until we understand exactly what we all want and need I'm not sure we'll be able to really hone our meeting processes to achieve said goals. Wealth hacking is such a huge topic, and I wouldn't be surprised if we're all approaching it different ways (starting businesses, improving skills, personal finance management, investing, etc.).

Maybe we should be devoting our first meeting to discussing our goals, ways we feel we are supported - that kind of thing. It may turn out that we should in fact be having separate topic-based meetings instead of larger ones that touch on lots of topics or are more general. We can turn this into anything we like, so lets be creative shall we?

Really great food for thought in this thread! Looking forward to our first meet :)

Could you provide the date specifically? It can sometimes be difficult to know as "this Xday" is often used in different ways.

Looking forward to the call.

• Could you provide the date specifically? It can sometimes be difficult to know as "this Xday" is often used in different ways.

Looking forward to the call.

_______

Of course! I'm referring to Saturday October 18th, at 4pm London Time. :)

• Hey everyone! Today is the day. We will be starting our first meetup in less than an hour (4pm London time). 

For all those that want to take part, head on over to the Google Hangout being hosted here: https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/gxz3a4vy3gf44xywlvs2fmtjlua

You will need to have a Google+ account to take part I believe. Really looking forward to chatting with whoever turns up.

• edited October 2014

I'm very interested in this! I'm fairly new to the forums but have been listening to Dave's work for over 2 years now! When is the next google hangout?  I would like to join!

• We haven't scheduled it yet. But we've e-mailed each other a bit since the last meet-up so it seems everyone is still planning on continuing with this.

We'll post the meet-up time once we have a next one scheduled. Subscribe to this thread by clicking follow at the top and you'll get an email notification when anoyne replies to this thread.