When Mct Oil And Grass Fed Butter Is Unavailable

I live in Bangkok Thailand where I have been unable to find MCT oil and grass fed butter. What I can find very available is ghee, coconut milk, and coconut oil. I have tried making coffee with coconut milk and coconut oil, and the taste was good and I liked the energy it gave me in the morning. Would ghee and coconut oil be a better substitute? When buying ghee is there anything in particular I should be looking for in terms of how the cows were fed?

Thx

Comments

• you are so great,hope you can be better and better.
    2.gif
  • jewjitsu,

I'm waiting on the BP coffee to arrive and start this thing myself. Trouble finding the grass fed butter where I'm at too.

But...you should stick with grass fed Ghee if that's what you use. If you need a link let me know. I've been doing some research and found a place to ship organic grass fed ghee.

It's suppose to be as good or better than the grass fed butter. I don't know about the taste. Haven't tried either, yet.

Just listened to this Podcast. Has ghee info...said it's healthier.

http://www.bulletproofexec.com/podcast-29-how-real-food-improves-your-performance-with-joel-salatin/
  • I haven't been able to find local MCT in Bangkok and my problem is it can be hard to get things shipped here form iherb in big quantities, you would have to get it ordered from the store, as for grass fed butter its easy to find, the anchor brand from NZ is in many stores.

Grass fed meat & organic stuff are easy to get thanks to a few local businesses (and they can deliver to your hotel/condo) summed up in this post http://peakmodernliving.com/eating-paleo-in-bangkok-finding-cheap-protein-powder-in-thailand .

Also if you order supplements here, get it done at around $50 max ideally to avoid 2 hours at the post office + $10 minimum import tax.

• edited July 2017

just wanted to say Healtholicious (www.heaitholicious.com) in Lad Phrao stock 750ml of C8/C10 (60%/40%) MCT oil in stock, PLUS grass-fed ghee, and many other goodies. They just opened early this year and you can also get the most tasty Bulletproof Coffee AND Matcha, and some low carb, sugar free snacks, this is very untypical Bangkok! But I saw some people ordering coffee and demanding sugar, the barista told me that the cafe does not offer sugar but office people around the cafe don't care lol I really think it is the only low carb, sugar-free, BP friendly cafe I know in Thailand.

MCT oil would give you much better brain boosting effect. Coconut milk - it would break the intermittent fasting if you are doing that. Ghee - you can keep it outside the fridge, which is useful! grass-fed is the best quality, more nutrient-dense, read the BP Blog! It is lactose/casein free, less inflammatory for your body. Watch out for ghee from some health shop like radiance wholefood, the ghee smells horrible, I almost puked!

@jewjitsu said:
    I live in Bangkok Thailand where I have been unable to find MCT oil and grass fed butter. What I can find very available is ghee, coconut milk, and coconut oil. I have tried making coffee with coconut milk and coconut oil, and the taste was good and I liked the energy it gave me in the morning. Would ghee and coconut oil be a better substitute? When buying ghee is there anything in particular I should be looking for in terms of how the cows were fed? > Thx