Supplements For Stress/anxiety

2»

Comments

• Anxiety can also be caused by overmethylation if ingesting too much folate. I am not sure if this is only in people with methylation issues or if it extends to most people. A quick fix is Niacin 50-100mg and/or B6 as mentioned above. Niacin pulls folate out of the system, basically...

It's all relative.

• On my recent vacation, I wore my HRV strap to the beach every day (shirt on, of course) and noticed that my HRV went ski high and stress levels went to nearly zero the second my feet hit the sand and didn't change until I left the beach.  There is no amount of "relaxation" that can put me at that type of HRV/stress - only my feet in the sand does that.

I just spent the day with my lady in the woods here in Austin. 

IMO, some level of stress and anxiety are caused from a nature deficiency.

• I'm feeling more relaxed just by thinking about my feet in sand... :)

On my recent vacation, I wore my HRV strap to the beach every day (shirt on, of course) and noticed that my HRV went ski high and stress levels went to nearly zero the second my feet hit the sand and didn't change until I left the beach.  There is no amount of "relaxation" that can put me at that type of HRV/stress - only my feet in the sand does that.

• ZenfoodZenfood ɹǝqɯǝɯ pǝɔuɐʌp∀

I second L-Theanine!

Suntheanine is B.S. No difference. Go with a high dose of L-Theanine and I promise you that you will feel calm (Zen-mode!)

• ZenfoodZenfood ɹǝqɯǝɯ pǝɔuɐʌp∀

@xJudgex

Start meditating. 10 minutes every morning and night.

Invest in an emWave 2. It will change your life and show you if you are meditating "the right way".

• I've been adding unmodified potato starch into my regimen lately -- a tablespoon or two mixed with water -- and it seems to be having positive effects
  • CrazyhorseCrazyhorse INFIDEL

I've read that a deficiency in B vitamins can be a major cause of stress.

• edited March 2016

hello Judge, i am not sure what you exactly mean by saying supplements and nutrition. Personally I have been overweight and I was gaining even more weight while i was stressed. generally stress makes me wanna eat. then later I said that enough is enough and that i should do something about that. My doctor (she's a very good nutritionist as well) said that if I want to lose weight then firstly I need to start controlling my stress levels and after that to lose weight. That's what I have done, but I got a very big help in controlling my stress and anxiety level by taking a "supplement" that it is called Valium. guess you found out about it. then i was able to get myself in shape. I was able to control my stress, i was able to control the way and how much I exercise as well as how much, when and what I eat. I was thinking that this might be helpful for other people too. at least i hope so. good luck

• I thought I would just chuck my 2 cent here: 

I limited my Caffeine intake and opted for a Vanilla "No latte" from the BP book and I have to say I feel a lot better. I realised the caffeine intake caused my cortisol to go through the roof and that with the stress from my boss made me feel a little nervous when at work ( which I am a very chilled laid back character) 

so by limiting my caffeine to only 2-3 times a week in the mornings and the other mornings I have the Vanilla (No Latte) and I have to say its working very well! 

• 5 HTP, Phenibut once a month, Natures Calm Magnesium .

Watch my Stand Up Comedy Video online :)

Please Subscribe to my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQI92eERrCc

• How about high doses of vitamin B5 and an herb like Ashwagandha?

• Thanks for this information--all very helpful. Anyone have experience with supplements that can offset withdrawal syndrome from SSRIs (Lexapro specifically?) I've heard recommendations for vitamin C, magnesium, B12 and B6, but nothing on dosing. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

• solsa55solsa55
    edited January 18

I got off neurontin about 3 years ago, after taking it for 10 years. My anxiety went up to unbearable levels while I was reducing my dose, and it took about 8 tries before I succeeded. I was only able to stop taking it completely because I found l-theanine. I had to take relatively large doses, 400 mg 4 times a day (Source Naturals tablets), for it to be effective. I never had any side effects from the l-theanine, it just calmed me down. I used a combination of the emwave for 10-20 minutes before bed and the l-theanine. I don't take the l-theanine anymore, although I keep using the emwave.

Just recently, I discovered NET (neuro emotional technique) therapy. It's a bit odd, works with muscle testing and acupressure points to try and clear the root causes of anxiety out of your system. Works like gangbusters for me.

2»