New Upgraded Coffee

Hi everyone,

Not sure about anyone else, but I am pretty excited about Dave's mention of the new Upgraded Coffee that will hopefully be released soon. I read the post on how to find good coffee in my area, but I live in the suburbs, and it's a little inconvenient to go to the parts of the city to find the good stuff. So ready to be able to order online and have it shipped directly.

I know Dave says this site isn't a money maker for him (or that's not his focus) but I am already a customer of the products on bulletproof.com and I think the new coffee will be an excellent addition to the product line.

Cheers!

Comments

• BrianHKerrBrianHKerr Quantified Biohacker
    I am on board for sure. When I went from Starbucks to making my own coffee it was like night and day, especially when I started going for cold washed coffee from Central America. I am very curious to see how the stuff I really feel works great compares to the stuff Dave will be releasing.
  • I'm anxious to try some, too. I have never been a coffee drinker and don't particularly love the taste of it, but I do like the effects (especially bulletproof coffee). I've been drinking the bulletproof coffee, mostly in the morning and fasting until around 2pm. I really like this meal plan. I have plenty of energy for 4 to 6 hours.

Since I'm new to drinking coffee on a regular basis, I need to keep trying brands and observing how I feel. Truthfully, I can't tell a significant difference. Maybe my senses are fine-tuned enough. Maybe the bulletproof coffee brand will show me what I've been missing.

Also, I haven't picked up any MCT oil, yet. I should be getting some in a few days. I'm anxious to see how that makes me feel. I've tried coconut oil with the grass-fed butter, which has good effects. The problem is that I HATE the taste of coconut oil. It even tends to make me feel a bit nauseous.

Anyhow, I've lost about 20 lbs in about 3 weeks (210 lbs. to 192 lbs), with the help of bulletproof coffee. Also, I've been eating mostly a paleo diet, while trying to be as bullet-proof as I can.

Cheers,

Skippy
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]BilliardsBiohacker.com - [/font][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Follow my biohacking projects and listen to my podcast, as I attempt to improve
    my competitve pool performance, brain function and overall health.[/font]
  • I can't wait for the "official" BP coffee too. I'm running out of my Four Barrels coffee but I'm waiting for the BP coffee to be released which is supposed to be any day now....hurry guys!!
  • I also am looking forward to this. Finding the recipe and this blog is the thing that finally pushed me to buy grassfed butter. I will never go back. We have a fair trade organic coffee we use in our espresso machine (I'd be very curious to find out how many mycotoxins are in it :? ) and mixing according to Dave's recipe. I add in a tablespoon of coconut oil with the 16 oz right in the magic bullet. I hope this is not placebo effect, but out of the past 5 days, 4 have been outstanding for energy and clarity. LOVE bulletproof coffee.
  • I finally got some MCT oil today, after 3 weeks of drinking bulletproof coffee. Just drinking the first dose as I type this. I used about 3 tablespoons of grass-fed butter and 1 tablespoon of MCT oil. The MCT oil really seems to make the coffee taste better. It tastes smoother, toning down the taste of the butter...nice. I like it. Now, I'll see how I feel with it in me. :D

Cheers,

Skippy
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]BilliardsBiohacker.com - [/font][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Follow my biohacking projects and listen to my podcast, as I attempt to improve
    my competitve pool performance, brain function and overall health.[/font]
  • I've been using the BC for several months. MCT oil is a must! I also like to put cinnamon with mine, on occasion, for a slightly different flavor.
  • Looks like the new coffee is available for order on the site! ordered my 5 lb bag already... thinking I might want to order a couple bags for gifts too.
  • I gotta give this bulletproofed beans from dave a 5/5. Hope he is reading this because is very important for me to acknowledge when someone does something very right :D .

When you open up this little packet, it smells so good you almost fall back on a pleasure trip. Then you grind them and the smell is more powerfull. Then you put it in the coffee maker and wow, what an experience when drank.

Just a little promo. Very good product. Very energetic with fats.

I woke up thinking about this coffee. Works great to wake me up very early to help me study for my medical board. Getting the 5 pounds next.

One thing though, what's the best possible way of storing these coffee beans so they remain as bulletproof as possible? Any recommended brands of storage containers? 8-)
  • I ordered the coffee, somewhat skeptically given the price. Have enjoyed it the past two days, and have drank more than usual and no jittery feelings at all. I am not sure I will keep ordering it -- the price is a bit much.

I haven't tried BulletProof coffee yet, was waiting on these beans and some other ingredients, so tomorrow will be the first.

Hopefully the price will drop on these, or other good sources will emerge.

Rob.
  • ClownFish,

I ordered the 5lb bag and what I did was use a vacuum sealer and made about 10 - 1/2 lb sealed bags. Then I put it back in the large upgraded coffee back (keeps out light) and put it in the fridge.
    Sean Buck
    "You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great."
  • Hey bucksw

Nice I'll see If I can get the vaccuum sealer or something similar. It's a pretty good idea because you can easily store them measured and air tight.

This coffee is so good i don't want any spoiling or something to change the quality :)

I Also thought on heading to marshalls to see if they had any glass containers that would be good to seal the stuff. But they would need to be also vacuum sealable, and i'm guessing is more expensive.

Hey RoBOK:

I agree the coffee is a little expensive. But for me is like a supplement. And is the only coffe I have tried that doesn't seem to interact with other CNS stimulants... at least in me, it doesn't exacerbate the anxiety or restlessness. That is pretty much worth spending the extra cash there just for that.

Cheers

clownfish :D
  • ClownFish,

Check this out. This guy made a pretty cheap vacuum sealer for mason jars: http://www.instructables.com/id/The-Alvin-Vacuum-Sealer/?
    Sean Buck
  • Hey Sean, great idea ordering the 5 lb bag and then vacuum sealing smaller portions. That actually would reduce the price per 3/4 lb bag to a little over $11 per bag which would save a lot plus there's probably a savings on the shipping too.

The only thing is that coffee actually releases Carbon Dioxide after it is roasted and continues to do so for days. After a little research, according to this site http://www.coffeeam.com/coffee-storage.html the CO2 will actually cause the vacuum sealed bag to burst.

What would be cool is if they would sell the "green" Bulletproof coffee beans like in large 5 lb bags (or more) and then you could break them up into smaller portions, vacuum seal them and then take them to a local roaster to roast them. That would be the best way to get BP beans for the lowest cost while preserving freshness I think.
  • Tim, wouldn't putting the bags in the fridge stop the buildup of gas? Well I guess there is one way to find out and if I here any explosions in my fridge, I will have learned a lesson. Just like the first time I ever brewed beer. I bottled my first batch a little too early and it was still fermenting. I also guess I put the bottle caps on good because the result was exploding bottles. Yet another reason beer isn't bulletproof :)
    Sean Buck
  • Ok, so I just read the article. Maybe I'll try the freezer. It says the fridge is the worst place to put them, although it doesn't say why. But one thing about vacuum sealing. It says they can be vacuum sealed after it has sat around for awhile. By the way, this site is definitely more about the taste of coffee. And I know you've mentioned before that you are a "coffee snob." And I am too with my straight black coffee. However, I am trying to optimize health and reduction of mycotoxins. Plus adding the grass fed butter, coconut, and MCT oil, I can't really say that I can taste a difference in "fresh" coffee or less-fresh coffee. Plus, with my wife and I will go through a 5lb bag in 4 weeks. Which isn't too bad.
    Sean Buck