Benefits/pitfalls Of Coconut Cream Instead Of Butter In Bp

I have been drinking bulletproof coffee for one month now with just grass fed unsalted butter. I recently put just coconut cream in there and must admit to loving it. I know coconut cream is not original bulletproof coffee but would like to know if there are some benefits vs pitfalls to using just coconut cream.

Comments

• 'Gary wrote:

I have been drinking bulletproof coffee for one month now with just grass fed unsalted butter. I recently put just coconut cream in there and must admit to loving it. I know coconut cream is not original bulletproof coffee but would like to know if there are some benefits vs pitfalls to using just coconut cream.

Good day,

I personally see no objective benefits, besides the taste, which someone may prefer to the taste of putting oil + butter.

There is a probability, that using cream, which contains all three macronutrients vs pure coconut oil/MCT oil you may negatively affect the fasting state and with greater speed. If, of course, prolonging fasting as much as possible is desired.

Good luck
  • Using only Coconut Cream:

Benefit- 0 casein, a few mcts . . . very few

Drawbacks-- no butyrate, no conjugated linoleic acid or other butter benefits; Additionally you'll get significantly fewer MCTs than even coconut oil (coconut oil is roughly 60% MCT and of that 60% included in that 60%, 15% of coconut oil capric and caprilyc acid, whereas MCT Oil is 100% MCT, and depending on what brand you buy you will get several different possible concentrations. The brand Dave recommends is highest in caprilyc and capric acid which have antifungal and weightloss effects. You'd beed 6tbs of coconut oil to get what is in 1 tbs of MCT oil.

---- That said, if it is the flavor that's doing it for you- experiment, see if you like it with all 3 and what ratios.