Collagen And Loose Skin In General

Hi, all. This is my first forum post, so I'm happy to meet you all.

Now, for what has lead me to go from lurker to poster. I heard Dave mention at one point in one of his podcasts that he doesn't have excess skin because of whole-body vibration and collagen. This is interesting to me, because I do have a small amount of loose skin, and I never got as big as Dave.

From what I have read, orally ingested collagen is broken up by digestive enzymes and used for energy, so you have to take other things like vitamin A and retinol cream to promote production of your own collagen. It appears supplementing with collagen does not actually increase it. Does Anyone know why he recommends and sells it? Is there a technicality here or is my information just plain wrong?

On a side note here, I have discovered these "ultrasound cavitation & tri-polar rf" machines (purchasable online) that are supposed to help. Apparently, the ultrasound cavitation is like a noninvasive lipsuction in that it melts fat cells with vibration. From what I've seen, it is fairly legit. It doesn't get everything in one go like liposuction, but after a few treatments, over a few weeks, it looks like it works as long as your body fat levels are within its effective range. I'm not so much interested in that part as I am in the tri-polar rf (radio frequency) component to the machines that is used following the ultrasound cavitation or standalone (which is what I am interested in). The tri-polar rf machine supposedly is able to boost collagen production in the skin by a good amount. I have seen a number of pictures of before and after of people getting rid of a bit of fat that look decent, but I haven't found any of people just trying to eliminate the skin. I doubt this would work if there was a significant amount of skin as surgery would be the only option, but I am hopeful if the amount is minor. I'm wondering if anyone here has tried this or knows anymore about it.

Finally, whole-body vibration, how does this help? Does your body somehow detect the skin moving too much and decide to contract it because this is somehow advantageous to survival? Anyone have any experience or know any more about this?

Comments

• What's gay about that?

I know it sounds a bit ...... 'gay' : ) But I live in Thailand and have been using Collagen for a few months, amazing what it does for one's skin. I only take it because my girlfriend gets it for me for free, she buys it directly from the supplier .. it's 100% hydrolized Collagen powder. Now I just need to get out there and get exercise! I do none at the moment! 

• edited February 2014

I know it sounds a bit ...... 'gay' : ) But I live in Thailand and have been using Collagen for a few months, amazing what it does for one's skin. I only take it because my girlfriend gets it for me for free, she buys it directly from the supplier .. it's 100% hydrolized Collagen powder. Now I just need to get out there and get exercise! I do none at the moment! 

........."I know it sounds a bit ...... 'gay' : )" 

Seriously?

That's fucked up.

“Hado is the intrinsic vibrational pattern at the atomic level in all matter, the smallest unit of energy. Its basis is the energy of human consciousness.” 
— Dr. Masaru Emoto