Extended travel essentials

I'm planning a 2-4 month post-PhD trip to Southeast Asia, mostly hanging around in Thailand and Bali.

I was wondering what everyone thought were the biohacker essentials to bring with them. What are the things people most useful and essential, that they probably can't find anywhere along the way?

As far as gadgets go, I'll bring my emwave and maybe my zeo mobile. Anything else on that front?

Supplements take up a bunch more room and I'm debating whether it makes to try and bring anything much bulkier like high quality protein powder or MCT oil. What other things are advisable for any length travel that I might have overlooked?

Thanks in advance. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Just take the exotic supplements with you (if you take any). For example, I wonder if you find sulbutiamine in SE Asia. Weigh protein is most likely not available, but vitamin C or multi is ubiquitous.

Another personal experience when traveling in Asia: I am using earplugs and never thought much about them until I ran out in Japan. There, the earplugs are extremely flimsy and ineffective, so I had to order them on Ebay which took 7 days. Anyway, just one thing that I had not thought about!
  • Awesome. Thanks for the thoughts. I guess I didn't state it clearly, I was asking what was everyone's go-to set of supplements. If you could only stock 5-8 things in your medicine cabinet/kitchen, what would those be? Maybe that's a question better suited for the general discussion section.
  • Fish oil

B-complex

Multi

Aspirine

Melatonin

L-Tyrosine

L-Theanine
  • Ok, this may sound like a strange question, but I want to know if it's possible. I live in a place where the temps during the winter are usually around 20 below zero, sometimes even 50 below. And I am not avid enough to run in that kind of cold. I am a new mom to a 5 month old, and gas is super expensive, especially out here, so I can't really go all the way to the gym to get on a treadmill (nearest gym is 20 minutes away). There is a 10k I really want to run in March, and a 5k I want to run in April. My question is, is it possible to get into shape and train for these races without actually running? I am doing the "Insanity" work-out at home, and I feel like it is really cardio intensive as well as working out muscles. But is it enough to get me in shape enough for a race? I love running, don't get me wrong, but right now, I can't see a way I CAN run, unless it's running laps around my tiny house. Any advice?
  • Insanity should help - it is intense. Good cardio, strength, and endurance benefit. The key thing I notice about running vs. not running, is that my body gets used to the repetitiveness, thus limiting the potential for some goofy pain or injury (tends to happen in my feet or knee if I'm not prepared). Having good running mechanics can help (pace, stride, shoes) - for example, I'm not ready to try 10K in my nike "free" motion shoes, but 5K in those is easy... if I'm in minimal shape, I can push 10K, in good shoes and usually get away with a bit of soreness (no strains)...but I have gotten plantars fasciitis doing a lot less....in my case, I need to do stretching and/or yoga and perhaps some foam rolling to reduce chance of injury from distance runs - IT bands, calves, hamstrings, quads, glutes. I've only done up to 10K. A marathoner is probably a better reference on all this than I...
  • iodine, coconut oil cayenne powder and good salt for sure.
  • Can you elaborate what makes Cayenne powder so important in your opinion? :)

I would love to welcome you on my new page: www.soul-smoothies.com 

• Magnesium

Iodine

Vitamin C

Vitamin K2

Vitamin D (might not be necessary if sunlight is abundant)

Preventing micronutrient deficiencies should be your number one priority.

• BrianHKerrBrianHKerr Quantified Biohacker

Chocolate bars.  L-Ascorbic.