Feeling Tired And Hungry After Coffee

I've currently been drinking bulletproof coffee for the last few days, well I've been using normal coffee (I'm waiting for my order from Dave to arrive) a really good brand of extra virgin coconut oil (waiting for my MCT oil to arrive as well), and grass fed unsalted kerrygold butter. 

Obviously this isn't the EXACT bulletproof coffee receipe, but was wondering if me feeling tired and hungry afterward is the result of the normal coffee cause of the mold in it? The first day I made a cup I had energy all day, but ever since then I'm not feeling much from it. So was just curious if the normal coffee is the culpit. I can't wait to make my first official cup when the items arrive. 

But yeah was just curious if anyone else has experienced being tired making this version of bulletproof coffee? (modified version)

I use 2 cups of coffee

1 to 2 tablespoons of the coconut oil

1 to 2 tablespoons of the butter

2 packets of splenda as it's impossible for me to drink coffee black. It just taste to bad for me.

I blend it all with a heavy duty blender.

As I mentioned this isn't the exact formula, but just something to get me started.

Thanks

Josh

Reality is nothing more than perception. So if we change our perception we are in essence changing reality. Deep huh?

Comments

• I promise I'm not being rude or mean here but that is not a "modified" version of bulletproof coffee. That is an inferior imitation of bulletproof coffee; a McBulletproof coffee.

You need to use better coffee beans and you need to use MCT oil instead of coconut oil or you will not get the results. You won't believe the difference when you make it the right way.

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress ✭✭

He does say:  I've been using normal coffee (I'm waiting for my order from Dave to arrive) a really good brand of extra virgin coconut oil (waiting for my MCT oil to arrive as well), and grass fed unsalted kerrygold butter. 

What do you mean by "normal coffee"? Nescafe? If so, I'd wait for Dave's to arrive. Or are you using some good quality other brand beans? 

• edited December 2013

Splenda I would remove.

• A great way to test out Water's post is to do a control test.

Drink water with Splenda. See what your effects are afterward, within the hour or 2 following. Compare that to how you feel with just water. (PS - Splenda is poison ;) )

Also, how much water (regular water) are you drinking before (you drink BPC), whilst drinking BPC and after you're finished drinking the BPC drink? I notice that my energy levels get shot to hell if I'm dehydrated, even on 750 ML's of BPC. Heck, even after chugging down another batch of BPC, if I'm not adequately hydrated, I still crash. Hard. 

So make sure you're staying well hydrated.. :) It WILL perk your energy levels up.

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress ✭✭

I didn't see the splenda bit! BP coffee isn't black coffee once you've made it. Upgraded Vanilla improves the taste. I'd get rid of the splenda immediately.

• Forget you ever heard of Splenda!  Try some xylitol and a little cocoa butter instead.

• Thanks for the help everyone! I didn't take your comment as rude or anything TheSleeper. :) It actually made me laugh as I completely agree with you haha.  I just used the word modified, but that is why I mentioned it to make sure everyone knows I'm not using the real bulletproof coffee. It really is a cheap rip off. When I say normal coffee I just mean folgers K-Cups as I use K-cups. So just some average, store bought coffee. Thank you for that great advice Garrett. I'm sure that is part of the problem too as I never drink a ton of water.  Although recently I have been doing much better as I'm trying to get healthier and in better shape. I'm sure it's also a mixture of not using the Mold Free coffee and MCT oil.

I'll check out some of the other sweetners you guys recommend instead of Splenda. I'm on Atkins so I know that one is allowed, but I believe Stevia is too so I'll switch to that one. Yeah I have actually tried the real bulletproof coffee once from a friend with everything bought from Dave, but it was just to horrible to drink without something to sweeten it, but once I add some flavoring it was bareable. I felt amazing tho after drinking it. I think my friend used Stevia. 

Yeah my order should be here soon and can't wait to try the real deal! I'll try another sweetner in the meantime, but yeah I agree with all of you that nothing will beat the real deal. I'll post here once I get it and how I feel. Thank you for all the help.

Reality is nothing more than perception. So if we change our perception we are in essence changing reality. Deep huh?

• Forget you ever heard of Splenda!  Try some xylitol and a little cocoa butter instead.

I'll look into purchasing some Xylitol. How much do you add into your bulletproof coffee? A teaspoon, tablespoon or just a pack?

• I put about a teaspoon for 2 cups of coffee.  Jarrow makes a good one.

• edited December 2013

I put about a teaspoon for 2 cups of coffee.  Jarrow makes a good one.

Thanks :) I'll look for that brand today then. I'm curious. Why does Dave recommend xylitol compared to some of the others such as Stevia? 

Josh

• GarrettGarrett
    edited December 2013

Stevia is green zone for sweeteners. So it's totally fine. 

Stevia can  also have a slightly bitter'ish after-taste. If you do use it, use smaller amounts. It's potent stuff :)

Personally I love the taste of BPC. Creamy and rich :) The Upgraded Vanilla suggestion might be a good one for you. Then you also have Vanilla for BP "Get Some" ice cream.

• edited December 2013

So ? How are you feeling now ?

I feel the same way recently and wonder if it's the new coffee beans (Kicking Horse organic -- BPC beans are on the way).  Am I using or too much fat, but I take 1 "Super Enzymes", should I up to 2 ?

I really feel tired and shitty 1-2 hours after drinking it (Espresso + 2 Tbs ghee (purity farms) + 2-3 tbs coconut oil (nutiva) (Now's MCT on the way))

What do you think ?

• Maxime - A lot will change with proper beans + MCT. It's really night and day compared to using shitty beans and coconut oil :)

• JRGJRG
    edited December 2013

I promise I'm not being rude or mean here but that is not a "modified" version of bulletproof coffee. That is an inferior imitation of bulletproof coffee; a McBulletproof coffee.

You need to use better coffee beans and you need to use MCT oil instead of coconut oil or you will not get the results. You won't believe the difference when you make it the right way.

==========================

I've been using the McBulletProof Coffee for a while now lol. Just how I started trying it out. I feel great after. However, I know I am not able to report what most are. I am still losing weight (been dieting for a while), but not any super weight loss. Good energy, but not necessarily great. And I can't say I have noticed any brain power boost.

I am ordering the BP Coffee and MCT Oil soon, excited to see how different it will be.

Has anyone else done the "McBulletProof" Coffee method and then switched to the full recipe?

• edited December 2013

Maxime - A lot will change with proper beans + MCT. It's really night and day compared to using shitty beans and coconut oil :)

I hope so :wink:

On the other hand, I was not feeling that bad when I was drinking it with sugar and cream , that's odd.

I really suspect to be the amount of fat, maybe I need to start slower , and up the enzymes, i'll test it a couple of days and report back.

Thanks for the support