Liver Flush

13»

Comments

• edited January 2016
    I am part way through a full fast detox retreat and had my liver flush yesterday. I Felt rotten and did not leave the bathroom all that much (TMI?!). But feel great today. I have not led a very bulletproof life in the past and my poor liver has taken a beating. Some of my liver enzymes are high and I get pain, particularly after a heavy night out! Fortunately since moving towards a bulletproof lifestyle these are few and far between. And will certainly be even more infrequent following this detox! Today I feel much lighter, have no pain across my right side and it just feels more comfortable lying on my right side as if it feels smaller somehow? Ha.

I would like to continue liver flushes at home. The protocol calls for a colonic before and after. Has anyone not done this and have you experienced any issues? I'm having 2 Colema's a day at this retreat and don't think I could even think about another for a while 😂
    {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
    {\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 ArialMT;}
    {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;\red255\green255\blue255;}
    \deftab720
    \pard\pardeftab720\sl360\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs24 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
    \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 1554605.png}
  • I tried a liver flush a few months ago and it was absolutely terrible.  Went to sleep and woke up a few hours later sick as a dog and spent a few hours in the bathroom and even passed out at one point.  I want to try it again, but am a little scared!

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited February 2016

I tried a liver flush a few months ago and it was absolutely terrible. Went to sleep and woke up a few hours later sick as a dog and spent a few hours in the bathroom and even passed out at one point. I want to try it again, but am a little scared!

Numonik, what exactly did your liver flush entail

fake it till you make it

• What protocol should I follow? I've never done a liver flush and I want a simple one to do. I was thinking on starting on a Friday after the work week. Any suggestions? I'm also scared to do one because I've heard good and bad things of liver flushes. I'd prefer to do a slow one.

• googlealchemistgooglealchemist Alchemist
    I did quite a few a couple years ago....the past month or so I've been feeling like doing another as despite eating well and being generally healthy am feeling a bit sluggish with some odd skin issues I was thinking may be liver congestion/digestion related (I 'never' break out, even as a teen so that gets my attention)

One important note, and you can take what you will from it, on Andreas...and I spoke with him personally a few times via email..wonderful human being imo. That said, he did pass away recently, and he was relatively young...when I learned this, I asked whoever was still managing his email sendouts about it, they basically reminded me of how f'd up he was as a kid...really screwed health wise and despite liver flushes etc he died early.

He was vegan...I think most of us would think that's a factor as well.

That doesn't necessarily negate his liver flush, and I'm still a proponent of it...but I felt it right to bring that up.

As far as the main controversy of whether or not they are 'real' stones or just formed inside the body...I really dunno. I do know that I feel like a million bucks the next day, or the day after, once the umm...explosive effects of the epsom salts finally wear off. But then again I feel similar any other time I do any sort of fasting or light eating.

One thing I will note...is that when I abstain from fat that day as required, when I chug that evoo mixture at night and then laydown, it was pretty much like clockwork that I would feel the liver react...a feeling like marbles bubbling thru there in a watery kinda way. Is that just backed up bile being release or a combo of stones and bile shooting thru there? I can't say for sure.

I'll update this thread after I do a new flush here soon.

Another important note...make sure you are going to be home the entire day. I'm pretty sure that much epsom salts would have a rather explosive effect on their own...one of their main reasons for being sold is as a laxative after all. But combo that with a huge blast of bile from all that fat, the stones, etc...TRUST ME, you want to be home and by your bathroom all day!

Plus...follow the directions...either eat very lightly...maybe a lil fruit or veggies or plain rice to keep satiated, but really...it's just a day, save yourself the potential gi distress/naseau and just fast. And this is maybe the one instance where you can't bproof fast with fat obviously. 

And the flip side of that coin is...you don't necessarily have to do a colonic or colema board, but at least do a simple home enema the night before and get everything cleaned out. Fasting + enema = nothing to cause gi distress, naseau, anything wanting to come back up or block what should be coming out. I noticed a huge difference one time when I skipped the enema and it was the only time I ever felt sick or any sort of discomfort beyond the expected rather explosive expulsion of the epsom/fat/bile/stones the next day. Explosive, but not in any way painful or sickening or uncomfortable really...kinda bizarre.

Obviously not any sort of proper dinner conversation but liver health is of course of utmost importance. 

And again, real stones or soap stones or whatever aside...for reference, here are a few pics of my experiments...these are not something I found online or trusted to come from anyone else, gross as it is, these are all from yours truly yuck!

Starting off with the biggest one I ever saw pop out...with a penny for size reference...as you can see, no exaggeration it was about 3/4 the size of a golf ball. Now was this lodged in my liver as is or more likely a bunch of them lumped together or formed during the night? Dunno...for reference I had never done any sort of cleanse like this and am coming from a background of a LOT of liver abuse...some booze but more RX pills of various sorts, for years.

k2k6mu.jpg

Check out book or videos with Andreas Moritz :)

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Lifestyle Designer, SEO Alchemist, Entrepreneur

And again, especially with these bigger ones, you have to ask if that could even fit in a liver duct (it certainly would block it up pretty badly)...u can see there is sort of an aggregation of smaller ones squished into the outside and it's been so long I can't really remember what the big one was like when opened up..but in general I remember them being one 'solid' stone vs a bunch of little ones that were obviously mashed together last second...and the smell could gag a maggot.

nldiy9.jpg

hvyumt.jpg

I don't see any options to make the size smaller sorry yall...these are pretty in your face wow! I was trying to determine a more exact date, and I see some of these are named "flush 1-4-09 monster stone" haha

Oh to be a life long experiment

Don't do (or at least don't chronically abuse) (bad) drugs Mkay? Love your liver

243hpvt.jpg

Just noticed this one is dated a bit earlier flush 12-07-08

dnowae.jpg

Sorry for screwing up the posting chronology of this gross tour...but the dates are easy enough to sort out I guess between a few posts.

Unless I screwed up naming them which is unlikely but possible, you can see a combination of an initial smaller result, perhaps indicating (as is mentioned in the book) sort of a first nudging and dislodging of some serious sh#@ that's been backed up...followed with a huge blast, then less as it's more flushed out.

Could be any number of reasons really...huge fan of Ferriss' quote of not mistaking correlation for causation....but, it's strong

liver flush 012409

qzjk1f.jpg

Just found and watched the video I took of closer examination and dissection of the Big one...I think I'll keep that to myself haha...I am so grossed out right now

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

One important note, and you can take what you will from it, on Andreas...and I spoke with him personally a few times via email..wonderful human being imo. That said, he did pass away recently, and he was relatively young...when I learned this, I asked whoever was still managing his email sendouts about it, they basically reminded me of how f'd up he was as a kid...really screwed health wise and despite liver flushes etc he died early.

He was vegan...I think most of us would think that's a factor as well.

That doesn't necessarily negate his liver flush, and I'm still a proponent of it...but I felt it right to bring that up.

Sorry for the de-rail, but are you referring to Andreas, the forum member? He died? 

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

No idea of a forum member, I'm referring to Andreas Moritz (sp?) the author of the Amazing liver/gall flush book being referenced in this thread.

Sorry for the de-rail, but are you referring to Andreas, the forum member? He died? 

• Necro-ing this thread, sorry! ;)

@googlealchemist It's surprising to me, that you posted an interesting story, with so many pictures, that went completely unanswered. I guess you grossed everyone out! I've always seen liver flushes as woo-woo, but I don't know, these are some pretty mean stones. Are they the result of overnight chemical reactions through taking the supplements the flush requires? Maybe. I'll try it regardless. This has been on my bucket list for a while, but I just shyed from it.. not sure why. I've got enough issues to fix, this can't hurt.

• I just tried this, after reading up on several versions of it including Dave Asprey+his good doctor wifes. Did everything as told, didn't eat after 2, took mag sulfate mix @ 6 and 8, EVOO and lemon juice @ 10 and lay on my back immediately afterwards. Didn't take sleeping aids, kinda regretting it now? Woke up approx. 1:45am feeling like absolute crap, nauseous, sweating, shaking, heart pounding. Recognized I had dropping blood sugar lvls, took a little spoonful of honey. I've passed out from hypoglycemia before and was not about to deal with that on top of everything else. Spent a good hr or so in bed half conscious like this, a little embarrassed thinking about it now a grown adult whimpering and rolling around in bed haha.... finally vomited around 3am ish? The thing is, it was mostly if not all lemon juice, no olive oil. Felt immediately better after vomiting, tottered off to bed, fell asleep.

Woke in the morning, very very reluctantly took my third dose of mag sulfate mix. Didn't take my last one, I couldn't bring myself to do it. Even thinking about it now makes me want to hurl. Took mag citrate tabs with glass of water instead. Still felt a little woozy so drank sole water, apple cider vinegar water, some light veggies. It is now half past noon and my multiple bathroom excursions have produced several clear watery stools containing bright grass/emerald green "stones", ranging in size from small flecks to....chocolate-covered-raisin size. That's what they look like to me, green chocolate-covered raisins. Very bright green. Nothing too interesting, sorry. Perhaps the brightness of color has to do with the quality of EVOO I took, I did splurge for the occasion. Dunno. Also dunno if I will do this again, it was a really bad night. And mag sulfate tastes disgusting. Will report on any significant changes in health in the next couple weeks, if any.

• Almost been a week now. I do not feel any better or differently, quite honestly. I had a colonic a couple days after the flush, since I saw that was recommended, and didn't feel all that different after that either, even though the flush and the colonic were both "productive", lets put it that way. The only thing different is that I've started having bizarre semi-lucid dreams. Very strange. Also, the day after the colonic I slept a lot. Hm, that's all.

• If you do a lab analysis of the stones that come out of a liver flush, they are usually made up of the olive oil that was swallowed. There needs to be something that will dissolve the stones. Traditionally this is some kind of acid, lemon (citric) or malic acids. The olive oil is there to stimulate bile production and epsom salts to dilate the sphincter of Oodi so the stones can pass out. Still, I think that chanca piedra works better than the traditional flushes and since no olive oil is taken in, you can be sure that the stones you get out are really stones and not just saponified olive oil.

13»