Post-Drug-Use Detox

ntil two years ago I was a bit of a psychonaut. (For those who aren't familiar with this term; it's a type of biohacker - mostly involved with the recreational side of things through research chemicals or RC's). My personal use was excessive and extensive (about 9 years). I don't remember everything I experimented with but here are a few.

2-CI

2-CP

BK-MDMA

ETHYLPHENDIATE

JWH-018

25I-NBOME

2CBFLY-NBOMe

You get the Idea...

Okay, so here's my question: How can someone like me detoxify my entire body with optimal results? I'm looking to completely purge all the residual effects of my previous drug use, and take steps to rebuild what they may have torn down. I realize there is very little research regarding these types of drugs, but I'm hoping there's someone here that might have a clue as to what I should do to start. I already eat bulletproof, work out regularly, and drink tons of water. What am I missing?

Comments

• Off the top of my head, I'd guess an intensive course of Liposomal Glutathione & Milk Thistle for liver detox and maybe Curcumin for additional inflammation support.  I'd also think that cycling adaptogens (i.e. Ashwaghanda, Rhodiola Rosea, Passion Flower, Kava Kava, etc.) would be useful to handle the stress of the detox.

• There are many supplements readily available and capable of encouraging "detoxification", promoting homeostasis, and facilitating neuroplastic changes within the brain.  Here is a breakdown of some of the most effective nutraceuticals available for these purposes:

Detoxification

• N-Acetyl L-Cysteine (NAC)
    • Trimethylglycine (TMG)
    • N-Acetyl L-Glutamine (N-Acetyl L-Glutamine is more bioabailable than free form L-Glutamine)
    • L-Glutathione (the first three are precursors which metabolize to Glutathione in vivo)
    • Idebenone, Ubiquinol, or Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10)
    • Inositol
    • High Potency B-Vitamin Complex
    • Magnesium
    • Niacin (in the form of nicotinic acid)
    • Schizandra Berry Extract
    • DMAE or Centrophenoxine

Adaptogens That Promote Homeostasis

• Gynostemma pentaphyllum Extract (Jiaogulan)
    • Rhodiola rosea Extract
    • Bacopa monnieri Extract
    • Panax Ginseng Extract
    • Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) Extract
    • Siberian Ginseng (Eleutherococcus senticosus) Extract

Nutraceuticals That Facilitate Neuroplasticity

• Piracetam + Noopept + Aniracetam + CDP Choline (Citicoline)
    • Tianeptine
    • Picamilon + N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine (NALT) + N-Acetyl L-Glutamine + L-Tryptophan (or 5-HTP)
    • Magnesium L-Threonate
    • Lithium Orotate
    • PhosphatidylSerine + CDP Choline (Citicoline) + Omega-3 Fish Oil
    • Taurine

This list is nowhere near complete, but it is a good starting point.  It is important to remember that our brains are neuro-plastic and constantly changing.  It is absolutely possible to "correct" the changes caused by most substance use and/or abuse.  Even severe cognitive impairment, associated with years of heavy drug/alcohol abuse, can now be "fixed or corrected" rather easily, and in a relatively short amount of time.

NutrAction.com

• NickatNickat
    edited January 2014