Emwave2 Hour Long Training

I have been using my Emwave for 3 days now... I am finding that setting my practice interval to an hour and setting the notifications when I go into low coherence. This allows me to see what is throwing me out of coherence. I am seeing improvements each time I use it. I will do 1 - 2 sessions per day.

The reason I did this was to make me more productive. I am a software developer and as you can imagine requires attention for hours. I am learning what causes me to go out of coherence. This is typically an interruption of some sort, frustration (lots of that working with technology) or negative thinking. So each time I hear that chime, I know I am not breathing correctly, biting my lip, clenching my jaw, getting frustrated, etc.

It seems to help, but wanted to know if anyone else is using this way?

Comments

• No. I am running all default setting outside the time interval and what change of coherence sounds I hear.

Is the breathing setting on the device? I have not changed anything on the device.

• The hand held device connects via USB and can use it like the desktop version, but can also use it standalone and then sync your session w/ the desktop. Looks like the desktop version is very similar with some more bells/whistles.

I was looking at the breathing settings, it looks like the breathing setting doesn't have anything to do with how you are actually breathing, it is just a guide.

The only time I care is if I drop down into RED and then am alerted that I need to breath, stop clenching, think positive etc. I am working so I cannot concentrate on the device as it would be a distraction.

I could see how the breathing settings could be use on shorter sessions where you focus on breathing completely.

• romansbromansb BulletResistant

I do it this way also. Have the hand held and the desktop version. Have it notify me when I'm in high coherence while I'm actually "training" or focusing on it, then have it notify me of low coherence while working.

There doesn't seem to be a way to actually change the breathing speed on the hand held, but you can change the difficulty which is the opposite button as the notification one.

Fun fact I'm in high coherence while reading these forums :-)

Where I post my research:
    buildingabetterhuman.com

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" -Leonardo Da Vinci

• I just did a 45 minute session (avg 3.7 coherence) and when it ended, I was overcome with an unbelievable ecstacy.  Truly wild stuff - gonna make it my goal to do this again tomorrow.  I envisioned some amazing things like a future me who is lean and healthy - and realized some inconsistencies about my life.  I believe these things are only possible during super long sessions, as it takes time to launch out of ordinary consciousness.

• It is a trip... I realized certrain things bothered me, but would have never identified it.

I find it ensures I am productive as stress leads to unproductivity. The higher my coherence, the more productive I am.

Neat stuff..

• Word. I feel you. I get light-headed (but in a good way) when I get done with a long emwave sesh.

I just did a 45 minute session (avg 3.7 coherence) and when it ended, I was overcome with an unbelievable ecstacy.  Truly wild stuff - gonna make it my goal to do this again tomorrow.  I envisioned some amazing things like a future me who is lean and healthy - and realized some inconsistencies about my life.  I believe these things are only possible during super long sessions, as it takes time to launch out of ordinary consciousness.