Supps For Grey Hair?

My brother in law asked me if I can recommend something for his grey hair, I looked around but was'nt sure, so I was wondering if anyone here got anything that they think could work for grey hairs.

Comments

• I was quite grey a few years ago and recovered most of my natural color through thyroid supplementation and proper diet.  I'm also using digestive enzymes quite extensively.  Aside from that, I'm supplementing with various herbs (mostly bitters), B12, D3, Mag/Potassium, Vitamin C, zeolite, turmeric and glutathione force.  One serving of Gelatin and Whey daily as well.

• He could try out a famous chinese herb called He shou wu ( google it and do your research ). I have no idea of other supplements that specifically can correct greying hair. But i do have a chinese tonic herb book by Ron Teeguarden,owner of Dragonherbs. I do think there is something special to these herbs but i personally havent had a problem with grey hair since i am young but ingesting he shou wu is still going to be beneficial no matter what :). Good luck

• My brother in law asked me if I can recommend something for his grey hair, I looked around but was'nt sure, so I was wondering if anyone here got anything that they think could work for grey hairs.

I've seen people claim benefit from supplementing with Solaray S.O.D. 2000 Plus.  If you're BIL tries that supplement, then please share his results here after a few months. 

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress ✭✭
    There's an anti-aging drug called TA65 you could look into (I've heard an anecdote about grey going away), and I think there's another product called Protandim - it was on the BP podcast. Can't remember if it made grey go away or hair grow back.

• There's an anti-aging drug called TA65 you could look into (I've heard an anecdote about grey going away), and I think there's another product called Protandim - it was on the BP podcast. Can't remember if it made grey go away or hair grow back.

Is Protandim an MLM scam?

http://www.lazymanandmoney.com/lifevantage-protandim-scam/

I haven't really looked at it - it could be! I've read somewhere in this forum that someone did the numbers and the 5 herbal supplements that make up Protandim are roughly the same price as just buying it. The extra benefit is in the special ratios of each herb, so based on that, does it matter if its an MLM scam? Unless the product doesn't actually contain the herbs it says it does, I don't think it matters.

• Supplements which I've read benefit the hair/scalp are biotin, msm, collagen, and copper/zinc.  Many shampoos now include biotin.

• Supplements which I've read benefit the hair/scalp are biotin, msm, collagen, and copper/zinc.  Many shampoos now include biotin.

How would MSM factor in?

• MaverickAzzMaverickAzz Powerful

I've been going grey since I was about 23... so there are two ways I would recommend dealing with it.

1. Humour. I tell people "it makes me look more distinguished, like George Clooney" which gets a laugh and then never gets mentioned again. Everything is a matter of perspective. Just take Bruce Willis and The Edge (guitarist from U2). Both bald as a bat. Bruce Willis owns it. The Edge is never seen without a hat or beanie to cover himself up. The guitarist from one of the biggest rock bands in the world is scared of his own self image. Your friend can "own" grey hair like I do and suddenly it won't be an issue.

2. If he doesn't have a sense of humour, his other option is:

How-To-Look-For-Quality-Hair-Clippers_zp

No sorcery, just science. 

Or, like me: 

razor2.jpg

• I was quite grey a few years ago and recovered most of my natural color through thyroid supplementation and proper diet.  I'm also using digestive enzymes quite extensively.  Aside from that, I'm supplementing with various herbs (mostly bitters), B12, D3, Mag/Potassium, Vitamin C, zeolite, turmeric and glutathione force.  One serving of Gelatin and Whey daily as well.

Do you have before and after pics? What thyroid supplementation?

• Do you have before and after pics? What thyroid supplementation?

^^ what Steve said

How would MSM factor in?

I don't actually know.  It's just something that comes up in google usually with links to marketing sites light on science.  If anyone has any good info on it, I'd love to see it.  Mercola relates it to collagen and glutathione: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/03/03/msm-benefits.aspx

• I'd have to dig for some pics.  I was quite stark grey before but now have several different colors happening, including a little grey, blonde and even some reddish brown.  It looks like I streak my hair actually.  I will get some pics of this for ya.  This return of hair and even eye color happened with a recovery from more than 40 years of total exhaustion.  I spent most of that time in bed and wishing someone would just put me out of my misery.  Finally I got some help but not from the medical system in Canada.  I started using Thyroid glandular out of the USA until Canadian Customs gave my shipment the royal boot.  Interestingly I was able to take it for over a year before this happened so I could proudly march to "a" doctor hoping I picked the right one to help me finally.  I'm currently using ERFA but am finding the BP protocol is reducing the need for this too.  So maybe it's been dietary all along!