Best Zeo Replacement Today?

I've had a zeo for a couple years but the sensors have broken and the company is out of business.

What is the best replacement out there today?  I'm not interested in anything that doesn't accurately break down sleep into REM vs DEEP vs LIGHT.

Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• I was just searching around for that very thing and it's not looking good for consumer users. I also used the zeo for about a year and got my sleep pretty dialed in so I stopped using it. I'd been drinking very little caffeine over the last period but 3 weeks ago I added the bulletproof coffee(s) to my diet and it's been messing with my sleep. My plan was to start messing with variables and work on getting sleep back on track, but when I tried my zeo again, the battery was dead. 

These don't offer REM, deep or light but look like the closest thing out so far. I imagine it wont be too long before someone develops something comparable to zeo.

http://www.beddit.com/

http://www.sleepcycle.com/

Cheers.

Pete Kirchmer

Life & Wellness Coach

www.mindfulnessbasedhealth.com

• suntouchersuntoucher Uninspired Potential ✭✭
    edited December 2013

http://www.beddit.com/ is taking preorders. There are no real live alternatives as far as I know.

• Bump.

I've tried the sleep cycle app for a while, but don't trust the data. I also have the mybasis - there the data isn't detailed enough.

Anyone seen a new app with better accuracy? - think headband like ZEO (not the beddit, sleep cycle etc clones).

The Quantified Body Podcast 

Gain Confidence in What You Invest Your Time & Money In.

Learn from Data-Driven Experiments using New Tools & Tactics to Improve Health, Performance and Longevity

• Bump.

I've tried the sleep cycle app for a while, but don't trust the data. I also have the mybasis - there the data isn't detailed enough.

Anyone seen a new app with better accuracy? - think headband like ZEO (not the beddit, sleep cycle etc clones).

Damien,

Could you expand on what is lacking from the mybasis data? I have been on the fence about purchasing one as it doesn't look perfect but looks to be about the best sleep tracker available at the moment.

• Hey @magn375,

MyBasis recently upgraded and have finally got some sleep data which, while isn't perfect, is giving me some idea of how effective sleep is. It could be the best sleep tracker on the market right now as it tracks REM, Deep and light sleep, interruptions and turns.

I've had the sleep functionality working for around a month now and overall the sleep data fits how good I feel in the morning. So when they say I've had an ineffective night of sleep, I'm typically feeling rougher also.

There are some blip nights though where the data seems off.

The Quantified Body Podcast 

Gain Confidence in What You Invest Your Time & Money In.

Learn from Data-Driven Experiments using New Tools & Tactics to Improve Health, Performance and Longevity

• I've been using the Beddit for about 1 month now. It does not get into REM sleep and other states, but it gives you resting heart rate.

Nothing that I have seen is comparable to the Zeo that is out on the market right now.

Pure Cacao: Chocolate, Health, & Your Sex Life - amzn.to/1frG1OY

• I have a Beddit still in the box.  I was about to setup but came across a review on iTunes that made me worry especially with all the Jack Kruse episodes I have listened to.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/beddit/id794968897?mt=8

"The worst part is the device may be doing more harm than good...!!! I measured the electrical field of the band you sleep on (with sheets covering) and my Trifield meter reads OVER 50 milligaus!!! If you don't know what this means, it's like having your body right next to an electrical transformer while you sleep! Just to give you a reference point, a charging iphone cable directly contacting the Trifield reads 5.2, and an inch away reads 2.5. I am getting RID of my Beddit. "

Can anyone verify this? 

• Anyone still using one of these? I came across an absolute steal for one. I am not too keen to be wearing a device on my head all night so plan to use it sparingly just to monitor different sleep interventions. 

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited April 2016

Anyone still using one of these? I came across an absolute steal for one. I am not too keen to be wearing a device on my head all night so plan to use it sparingly just to monitor different sleep interventions.

keep us posted, if you make any observations/correlations etc with any changes you make

fake it till you make it

• ACH85ACH85 ✭✭

Just read about the Aurora by iWinks. It's supposedly shipping soon, and seems to be basically exactly a Zeo + some tools to help induce lucid dreaming. Programmable lights and sounds that are supposed to be triggered when you reach REM to let you know to take over your dream. It even has the same or a visually identical pin pattern to the Zeo, where the data logger snaps on the EEG headband. 

They have a picture showing solid EEG electrodes rather than fabric, but then earlier versions with fabric. It was the fabric that died on Zeo headbands, so if these are solid perhaps it could be a long-term investment? 

• Checkout NeuroOn.com. They are the first one since zeo to incorporate the EEG (so it seems).

Biggest takeaway after several years as a hardcore biohacker: think long-term. Focus on health first before adding in boosters. It works a lot better.