Lowering Cost Of Grass Fed Beef

Hey all, this is my 1st post.

I have been lurking around these forums for some time and must say that the taste and the way I feel from eating grass fed beef feels great.  That being said, I have also always been of the mind set to save as much as possible.

So, here's my way of getting grass fed beef fairly cheap for those that have a Publix nearby and want to save some money.  NOTE, it is vital you determine that your local Grocery store takes Winn Dixie (competitor) coupons 1st!

1) Grab yourself some Winn Dixie Coupons for $5 off of $30.  http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR5.TRC1.A0.X5+30+winn+dixie&_nkw=5+30+winn+dixie&_sacat=0&_from=R40 .  A good price is usually 10 to 12 dollars for 20 coupons (10 - 12 dollars for 100 dollars worth of coupons).

2) Goto your local Grocery Store that sells "Maverick Ranch Ground Beef" and buy yourself 3 to 4 packs (Locally that would be a Publix for myself at 7 to 8 dollars a lb). 

3) Go and grab yourself some beef.  Keep the price just over 30 dollars and use the coupon.  Grab your beef for cheaper.  Assuming you pay 12 dollars for 20 coupons and (could) buy exactly 30 dollars worth of grass fed beef at $8/lb, you could buy 3.75 lbs of 100% grass fed beef for 25.60 (or $6.82 / lb in a perfect world).

Feel free to check my math, but that is the best I have found so far. 

* NOTE on Coupons: You can also buy them oftentimes at a discount from www.enjoythecity.com . Look for the "iEdition" if available, they are cheaper. $12 vs $20 for a local city coupon book.  The price of 20 per book makes it counter intuitive unless you use a checkout code (which they had a bunch of during the holidays).  It only becomes cost productive if you use the codes the send out (e.g. this is expired, but http://truecouponing.com/2013/04/enjoy-the-city-coupon-books-50-off-discount-code-as-low-as-1-66-each-ends-weds-41013/ ). You can often get them to cut the price by 30%-50% for books AND double/triple the books sent if you use codes. Sell the rest of the coupons or burn them since most are only related to non-bulletproof resturaunts.  There are 4 coupons per book.

* NOTE on Variety of Cuts: I'll also be checking w/ a family member who works on a farm that specifically raises 100% grass fed beef.  I think the price would come out comparable, but you would have to A) buy in bulk and B) get additional cuts of meat such as flank steak, Flat Iron, Skirt, Hanger, Tri Tip, Chuck, Rump, Shoulder Arm, Eye of Round, and Bottom Round.  I'll let you know what I find out.  OH, and I asked him about 100% bullet proof bacon (I was looking over the threads for some time on that). Seems it doubles the cost of feed when you have to go with soy and other grains to feed the pigs.  He assured me that the beef is 100% grass fed, but the pork feed just can't get cheaper at the moment b/c pigs need a protein source that is cheap, especially in the winter when they can't forage as well.  I'll keep my eye open though.

Nutrion INFO: http://www.fooducate.com/app#page=product&id=F33B6B5C-7E29-11E2-9B11-1231381A4CEA

Coupon :

Enjoy-The-City-Winn-Dixie-Coupons.jpg

iEdition:

$_35.JPG?set_id=880000500Fwinn-dixie-coupon.jpg

Maverick grass fed beef:

512AAD77-04A2-8B89-4153-9EDDF9FA336C-762

Tagged: