"exercise" And Eating On Bpd
I'm a recent BulletProof convert, with a long and varied history of eating problems, body image problems, and even hormonal problems because of it (as I'm sure a lot of women have).
To put myself in context, I'm 34 years old and just shy of 5'7" and last time I weighed myself a week ago was at 123 lbs. I was 116 lbs two summers ago, albeit I was basically starving myself. I feel happiest with my body around 120 lbs and I have a mediterranean shape (I'm Italian). I know that if I want to get that 120 I have to eat less, but I realize that eating less isn't healthy and I'm a miserable person when I'm not eating enough, not to mention I have crazy carb cravings.
Last October after gaining a bunch of weight (128 lbs) I freaked and went Paleo and reduced calories and also found BP resources and achieved 121 lbs within 2 weeks. Since committing to bulletproof coffee (fats scare me) I'm at this more round shape and I have all this soft tissue that I am beginning to mentally/psychologically accept.
So here's my series of issues/questions:
1. I have been doing 90 minutes of yoga nearly every day for a few years. It's power yoga, vinyasa flow or strong hatha. Given the data and conversations on exercise, is this too much? Anyone who does this yoga can attest to how good of a muscular workout it is. And I don't take it easy.
2. I try to go for brisk walks a few times a week for 45-90 minutes at a time. I used to run also but have stopped doing that in light of the research on running.
3. I've found some joy in eating avocados and enjoying BPC as well as coconut/milk. Is it ok to eat avocados and coconuts? They are high carb by comparison to straight fat foods or even nuts like almonds. Should I be avoiding these if I want to be leaner?
4. How much butter/MCT should I be putting in my coffee in the morning? I have been trying the BPC in the mornings, with 1 tbsp of each fat and the coffee, then eating a whole meal smoothie for lunch. In the afternoon I'll eat nuts, hard boiled eggs, coconut butter, baby carrots when I'm hungry/peckish and then have a grass-fed meat & green vegetable dinner.
5. I would love to be able to eat higher carb vegetables like sweet potatoes. Can I do this because I do the exercise? Or are these no-nos? If/when I eat them, I put on weight. Not fun.
6. Am I eating enough?
Thanks to anyone who can provide insights and opinions. It's hard to switch to eating meat and fats, which I avoided (along with complex carbs) for so long. Basically, it's weird to EAT. But also weird to think that I need to exercise less.