The Braverman Personality Test

Morning guys,

Anyone done this to check their dominances in the brain? 

http://advancedpsychcare.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/braverman.test.pdf

Apparently I'm Serotonin Dominant (which explains me to a tee) I read through them all to avoid the Barnum effect of them all being exactly me!

I have slight deficiency in Gaba and Acetyl-choline.. There are a list of supplements that you could take to address the deficiencies. 

I did this to find out if I should take Choline and Aniracetam, looks like I can!

Interesting quantified brain quiz.

\m/(>.<)\m/ www.trucke.co.uk - my rockband!! \m/(>.<)\m/

Comments

• interesting, thanks for the link. according to this i'm acetyl-choline dominant, which makes for good yoga teachers, awesome! 

• NickatNickat
    edited March 2014

Hey that`s a great test. Very interesting.

Can you also post it here for us please: http://forum.bulletproofexec.com/index.php?/topic/8574-self-help-tests-you-can-do-at-home/

Were gonna try it out and get back to you on our findings.

Great find.

• Done and done ;-)

• RekaReka ✭✭✭
    edited January 2014

How big should the difference be?

I got:

Dopamine: 23 / 5

Acetylcholine: 26 / 5

GABA: 30 / 9

Serotonine: 29 / 4

These numbers are very close.

Oh hell, let's just put it simple: I always knew I was crazy :D

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• Yeah I dont know what the scoring system means really.. You could have the same in all of them .. I think if they are pretty close then we are pretty balanced, maybe if one of them is obviously higher then we could say we are dominant in that chemistry..

I'd say from your results you look balanced but your GABA is slightly lagging, so if youre having slight sleep issues this could be the issue.. 

Nah, you're not crazy , everyone else is :-) 

• ZenfoodZenfood ɹǝqɯǝɯ pǝɔuɐʌp∀

This was awesome. Thank you.

Deficiency in:

Dopamine 12

Acetylcholine 11

GABA 21

Serotonin was good

• Hey guys! I've done this test about a month ago. I'm posting to share my results.

[ dominant / deficient ]

DOPAMINE                                        

25 / 10 
    ACETYLCHOLINE                    

37 / 9

GABA                                                  

28 / 22

SEROTONIN

34 / 9 

I am acetylcholine dominant, in fact even 4g aniracetam (without external choline) did not cause any headache whatsoever.

• Looks like a bullshit test and reads like a horoscope.

Also serotonin is not produced in greatest quantity in the "lobes", pretty pathetic fail for an MD.

• Hi everyone,

I want to share my results and hopefully get a little feedback. I question the accuracy a little, While I do have some "issues" I don't think they are quite this severe. About six months ago I stopped taking three different types of medication (Vyvance, Lamictal, and Proprananol), started neurofeedback training, and revamped my diet (more BP). I am not sure where to start.

Dopamine: 31 / 10

Acetylcholine: 33 / 17

GABA: 26 / 28

Serotonine: 28 / 21

• zero33zero33 Thinks plants have feelings.

Despite stating that the content is "taken directly from" The Edge Effect - if you compare the two texts you'll find the version on Advanced Psych Care's website has been re-worded in several places and undermines the original's intent by omitting a great deal of important information.

You will be missing out on the full treatment suggestions that are available in the book, if you interpret your results using APC's version.

Coder/Shaper who thinks this is his blog: alienvir.us

• Sorry it`s taken so long. (Nick) test results showed a dopamine deficiency. Kinda interesting as our diet excludes much of the following all associated with dopamine building blocks :

Wheat germ, Granola, Oat flakes, Ricotta cheese, Cottage cheese, Yogurt, Pork, Turkey, Fava beans,

Pinto beans, Black-eyed peas, Soy, Pumpkin seeds to name a few.

Also interestingly is how L-Tyrosine, breathing exercise and the introduction of raw milk kefir have all seem to relate positively to him and are treatment suggestions that are said to help dopamine deficient individuals.

Maybe there is something to this test after all :shock:
  • GarrettGarrett
    edited March 2014

Nick..... I spot Pork on there.... you've now been given permission to eat more BACON!!!!!

Eat bacon for your dopamine health! ;)

Sorry it`s taken so long. (Nick) test results showed a dopamine deficiency. Kinda interesting as our diet excludes much of the following all associated with dopamine building blocks :

Wheat germ, Granola, Oat flakes, Ricotta cheese, Cottage cheese, Yogurt, Pork, Turkey, Fava beans,

Pinto beans, Black-eyed peas, Soy, Pumpkin seeds to name a few.

Also interestingly is how L-Tyrosine, breathing exercise and the introduction of raw milk kefir have all seem to relate positively to him and are treatment suggestions that are said to help dopamine deficient individuals.

Maybe there is something to this test after all :shock:

• Ok mega confused about my results:

Dopamine 26 / 8

Acetlycholine 21 / 10

Gaba 26 / 12

Serotonin 16 / 5

I see others have generally got some higher numbers. I have recently gone back to studying and am very motivated to get top grades so I am wondering if something like this will help and should I grab the book. 

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

I have all symptoms of dopamine deficiency, though it is not very prominent in this test. Simply eating  high protein foods won't help with this because the different amino acids can compete for passage through the blood brain barrier. You can eat all the pork you want if something else is off. At least my personal experience strongly suggests this. I started taking phenylalanine on an empty stomach yesterday, it seems to improve my mood and energy. Too soon to tell how far it brings me.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• NickatNickat
    edited March 2014

@Garrett_K

Had a feeling just eating more pork wouldn’t do it (unfortunately) although we like the idea of eating more bacon. Haven’t had that in some time. Maybe we will get making some Candied Bacon http://fastpaleo.com/recipe/spicy-sweet-candy-bacon/   just as a weekend treat….yum. Will follow the cooking guidelines there but leave the mustard and cook on a lower heat....will also eat cold after refrigerating them (have been told that makes them awesome).

@Reka

Your  taking phenylalanine to produce tyrosine that will convert into dopamine is a great way to get more stores into your body. Are you taking it morning, afternoon and evening and in what dosages?

Unfortunately until my supply of L-Tyrosine and 5HTP run dry will not be able to start that regime. Having said that the amount of L-Tyrosine when first started was crazy high and now over time and restored thyroid probs (another long fix that will not bother talking about here) the supplementation dose has gone down. Think that the dopamine reserves may have just built up and the deficiency is leveling out. From what we have been told, some people get along with either the Tyrosine or the Phenylalanine and some with different combinations of the two which is worth knowing too.

Lately have been interested in Catecholamines (the secreting cells that convert tyrosine to L-Dopa and then to dopamine) and food types (coffee, tea, bananas, vanilla, cocoa, that sorta stuff). There has always been a lot of talk about "adrenal fatigue" and hypochondria lol…..but that`s on another thread somewhere. Maybe that is something worth investigating when we talk about dopamine deficiency too.

Nick..... I spot Pork on there.... you've now been given permission to eat more BACON!!!!!

Eat bacon for your dopamine health! ;)

I have all symptoms of dopamine deficiency, though it is not very prominent in this test. Simply eating  high protein foods won't help with this because the different amino acids can compete for passage through the blood brain barrier. You can eat all the pork you want if something else is off. At least my personal experience strongly suggests this. I started taking phenylalanine on an empty stomach yesterday, it seems to improve my mood and energy. Too soon to tell how far it brings me.

• I'm Dopamine dominant. What does this mean to me though? Is there any resources where you can see if you're dominant in one area how that affects your life?

• dopamine  26/5

acetylcholine  28/6

gaba  27/10

seretonin  32/4

seretonin nature....i relate to most of the description

gaba deficiency...i do not relate to most of the description

• pretty cool, I found the quiz to be helpful too.  I think it's not detailed enough to draw conclusions if your numbers are close or if you dont feel like answering true/false really describes your position on a question.  But when I got to GABA it so overwhelmingly comfirmed a deficiency that it could hardly be mistaken.  The cool thing is I had a feeling this was a possibility,  but answering that section made it obvious that I need to do immediate work in this area

• I had some interesting results. Going to get the book to go deeper. Two Dominant and my GABA is outta wack? Not sure about the test but I'll redo when the book gets here and see what I can figure out. If anyone has any insight, I'm open.

Dopamine 30/15
    Acetylcholine 36/17
    GABA 23/28
    Seratonin 36/12

• I just did this test, but not from the link above, instead from this one:
    http://advancedpsychcare.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/braverman.test.pdf (which is an old-school noninteractive pdf). I was fascinated to find it, as it explains the parlance of "dopamine dominant" etc. that people like Steve Fowkes throw around sometimes as well as many other things.
    I was cautious about the potential autosuggestion from how questions were clustered, and I also noted the quasi horoscope character that another poster mentioned (? cf. Myers-Briggs), but sometimes when something makes intuitive sense it does give that impression.

So, to share some more data:
    Neurotransmitter Dominant Deficient
    Dopamine: 35 6
    Acetylcholine 34 10
    GABA 24 9
    Serotonin 15 5

Interesting that personality-wise dopamine and acetylcholine were basically a dead heat, and yet a lot of the personality description of acetylcholine fit me better than dopamine, acetylcholine was my worst deficiency, and I have always craved choline (eat lecithin by the spoon, love egg yolks, etc.) And meanwhile a psychiatrist is trying to push an SSRI on me (despite the fact I'm on lithium for bipolar)... It makes me wonder whether if I fixed the acetylcholine deficiency my "dominant" would be acetylcholine, or whether it's a dual personality (the dopamine cap does fit well).
    And it's so interesting to see everyone else's results and how many different permutations there are.