Irritated Throat?

Hi all,

I've been doing the intermittent fasting (eating only between 2pm and 8pm) on the BP Diet for 6 weeks now - and what a great experience! I've lost almost 18 pounds from just eating healthy, basically! Overall, I feel a lot better and I don't get tired early like I did when I was a sugar junkie.

However, there's ONE downside that I've noticed: I've had a somewhat irritated throat since beginning on the diet - it feels like phlegm or mucus, but coughing doesn't help. I almost lose my voice sometimes. Very annoying! I don't have a throat infection, that's for sure, and the throat thing occurs mostly early in the day which has led me to believe that it has something to do with the BP Coffee?

I've considered using acetylcystein to clear the throat but I doubt that anyone would recommend using that stuff every day, right?

Has anyone had this problem, and if so - did you find a solution to get rid of it?

Thanks!

Allan

Comments

• Hi all,

I've been doing the intermittent fasting (eating only between 2pm and 8pm) on the BP Diet for 6 weeks now - and what a great experience! I've lost almost 18 pounds from just eating healthy, basically! Overall, I feel a lot better and I don't get tired early like I did when I was a sugar junkie.

However, there's ONE downside that I've noticed: I've had a somewhat irritated throat since beginning on the diet - it feels like phlegm or mucus, but coughing doesn't help. I almost lose my voice sometimes. Very annoying! I don't have a throat infection, that's for sure, and the throat thing occurs mostly early in the day which has led me to believe that it has something to do with the BP Coffee?

I've considered using acetylcystein to clear the throat but I doubt that anyone would recommend using that stuff every day, right?

Has anyone had this problem, and if so - did you find a solution to get rid of it?

Thanks!

Allan

Have you tried gargling saltwater or a water/lemonjuice mix?
  • I have noticed this before as well, and I am pretty sure it is the coating of butter that is left in your mouth after bulletproof coffee! I normally brush my teeth just after though in the morning with baking soda and gargle with water and this solves it for me. If that is not an option, perhaps a stick of gum or something could help? Hope this helps, and good luck!