Bulletproof Coffee + Hcg

I'm starting a round of HCG, but have been listening to the Bulletproof Podcast. Now, I'm wondering if I should just try the RFLP. Suggestions? 

Also:

• Has anyone had bulletproof coffee while on the hcg diet? 
  • How does HCG rid fat differently than RFLP?

Thanks for any/all info! 

-Danielle

Comments

• I wouldn't do HCG myself. I have heard too often that HCG messes with the hypothalamic-pituitary axis in a lot of people, they gain back most of the weight they lost quickly and then they are weight loss resistant when they try to lose weight in the future. At least don't try HCG as your first resort.

Mary

• I've studied HCG inside and out over the past 4 years and successfully lost 80lbs with it. In my experience the only way you'll gain the weight back is if you do not complete the maintenance phase (so sugar no starch) and or do not apply the healthy eating habits you hopefully learned during the protocol. In other words... if you go back to the habits that put the weight on to begin with. The Bulletproof lifestyle is a perfect plan for AFTER you've completed HCG not during. So lose your weight... set your new weight with no sugar no starch THEN begin Bulletproof. It's a BEAUTIFUL lifestyle ;) 

• Why is this in the women's section?

• Her Cute Genes?

• edited April 2014

I'm starting a round of HCG, but have been listening to the Bulletproof Podcast. Now, I'm wondering if I should just try the RFLP. Suggestions? 

Also:

• Has anyone had bulletproof coffee while on the hcg diet? 
    • How does HCG rid fat differently than RFLP?

Hi Danielle ~

I am just seeing this. A bit late. I am currently doing hCG, my third round. I do BP coffee each morning using the collagen protein and MCT and/or Brain Octane. I haven't included the butter. I believe the BPC is helping my results. It's certainly not hurting. In fact, the MCT is keeping me from getting constipated, which is a common side effect of the hCG protocol.

I don't have enough knowledge to speak to your question about RFLP. What I know about the hCG is that it targets "abnormal" fat, not structural fat or the "normal" fat stored as fuel reserves. 

Perhaps when I am closer to my goal weight (I have 45 pounds to go) or in a less active period, I will try the RFLP. For now, I get some comfort and strength from being able to eat something on a daily basis.

I am also doing IF. 

• HCG diet is SO restrictive. I think you have to remember that food is nourishing to your body. Your body is not meant to function of such little calories. Even if it does work, it will most likely work at the expense of your health. 

Holistic Nutritionist: bethleahnutrition.com