Rapid Fat Loss Protocol

Hello fellow BP members, 

I have decide to take the plunge and embark on a 1-2 long rapid fat loss protocol. 

Has anyone ever done it? What should I expect? 

I was also wondering if anyone knew if green juice (kale, cucumber, celery, ginger, lemon) is ok to have during the fast. Will it break the ketosis?

Thanks for your help everyone! I will post my results as I go. 

Cristina  

Tagged:

Comments

• Hi Cristina,

I have not personally tried it but if you search the forums, you can find a couple people who have. I was searching about this a few weeks ago and read all their posts.

About the green juice - it's hard to say whether it will kick you out of ketosis. But I think you should stick to the plan exactly as Dave laid it out, in order to maximize likelihood of success.

Good luck and please let us know how it was! I would like to read more accounts of the diet.

• Ive been doing it for 3 weeks. I follow Dave's plan almost to a 'T' and I've seen results I could only have dreamed about. Down 25 pounds in 21 days. 

Expect to be full after your morning BP coffee and eat clean between the hours of 2pm and 8pm. I'm beginning to explore the supplements and when/if I go their route, I'll update accordingly.

I've found it easier to make food in a mid-sized batch and store in the fridge. I eat it cold at work/dinner in small portions (because I'm just not that hungry due to BPC). Planning meals ahead of time is the best thing I would recommend.

Twitter: @More_Gore

• Hi Cristina,

I have not personally tried it but if you search the forums, you can find a couple people who have. I was searching about this a few weeks ago and read all their posts.

About the green juice - it's hard to say whether it will kick you out of ketosis. But I think you should stick to the plan exactly as Dave laid it out, in order to maximize likelihood of success.

Good luck and please let us know how it was! I would like to read more accounts of the diet.

Thanks JonnyV! Wrapping up day 1. Eating butter straight was a lot harder than expected, so I think i'll compensate by adding more to my coffees. 

I'll keep you posted on the results!

• Congrats on your great results, Gore! 

What you're doing is Dave's Intermittent Fasting. I'm speaking about his more radical Rapid Fat Loss Protocol where it's a fast eating only fat 5-6 days, with a carb reefed at the end. http://www.bulletproofexec.com/rapid-fat-loss-protocol/ 

Thanks for the reply - and keep up the good work! 

Ive been doing it for 3 weeks. I follow Dave's plan almost to a 'T' and I've seen results I could only have dreamed about. Down 25 pounds in 21 days. 

Expect to be full after your morning BP coffee and eat clean between the hours of 2pm and 8pm. I'm beginning to explore the supplements and when/if I go their route, I'll update accordingly.

I've found it easier to make food in a mid-sized batch and store in the fridge. I eat it cold at work/dinner in small portions (because I'm just not that hungry due to BPC). Planning meals ahead of time is the best thing I would recommend.

• Thanks for the kind words, Cristina. I'll try to read a bit more carefully next time.

All - how terrible would it be to do RFLP without supplements?

• I would imagine bad. The supplements are there to make up for the lack of nutrients. 

I'm sure you'd lose the fat, but would not be healthy at all. 

Thanks for the kind words, Cristina. I'll try to read a bit more carefully next time.

All - how terrible would it be to do RFLP without supplements?

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

When the toxins stored in the fat are released it's good to have the detox supps to make sure they don't get absorbed back but leave your body for good.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• On Day 5. So far down 5 pounds. 

Dave was right about 1 pound / day. 

Excited for my reefed tomorrow!

• How's RFLP working so far? I've mixed it into my intermittent fasting for 3 days at a time and have had positive results.

Does anyone take other supplements other than the ones Dave recommends for his sample day in the blog post?

• Hello fellow BP members, 

I have decide to take the plunge and embark on a 1-2 long rapid fat loss protocol. 

Has anyone ever done it? What should I expect? 

I was also wondering if anyone knew if green juice (kale, cucumber, celery, ginger, lemon) is ok to have during the fast. Will it break the ketosis?

Thanks for your help everyone! I will post my results as I go. 

Cristina  

Hi Cristina,

In the beginning, you will usually lose more weight as you not only lose fat, but also a water. Later on, the weight loss might slow down; however, this is a natural process. Normally, you should not lose more than 3 pounds per week. If you're losing more than that, you should up your calories as most probably you're losing muscle. If you do weight lifting, then you will notice it by getting weaker on exercises - either weight or reps or both.  

There are many variations, but the best is low-carb approach. I've lost 30 kg of weight over a period of 1.5 years slowly without compromising muscle breakdown. 

What has worked best has been low-carb and a carb refeed in the weekend without a cardio and only doing weight-lifting. 

You'll reach ketosis when eating max. 50 grams a day of carbs and after the glycogen has been depleted. You can use keto sticks for checking. Check how many carbs all the ingredients contain. If you're daily total is not over 50 g (carbs), then you shouldn't get out of ketosis. Keto sticks should confirm that if you want.

At any rate, don't forget to eat a lot of fiber as this will help you digest all the food. 

Let me know if this has answered your question. 

Joe

Great source of information on how to lose weight simply and quickly and improve the overall health.

http://www.health4greatness.com