Curious About Vaccinations

I'm not a parent yet or a parent to be, so I haven't read "The Better Baby" book yet, but i'm just curious for people who have read that book, is there any mention of vaccines whether to delay them or get them at all? Thanks

Comments

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

Don't remember what the Better Baby Book had to say about it.

Frankly though, my kids get vaccinated. The potential drawbacks are something to consider, however I think that the benefits of vaccination largely outweigh them. I don't bother giving them stuff like the flu vaccine, but the standard Chicken Pox or MMR vaccines and whatnot? Pertussis? Yeah, my kids get those. Is it optimal? I'm not sure that it is, however in all my years of reading I haven't yet come upon a convincing argument against most vaccines. I've found the bulk of the anti-vaccine arguments to be specious, at best. (If anyone on this board wants to share good research against vaccines, I'd be willing to listen, of course!) Modern vaccinations seem pretty safe to me for the most part.

I will say that, if I had a daughter, I wouldn't have her get a Gardasil vaccine, though.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• I'm not vaccinated nor are my for children.

I'll never tell any to get their kids vaccinated or not but I do advise them to do as much research I this matter as possible.

Not many people know what's actually in them , including Doctors sadly enough.

It's a very interesting topic amongst family n friends, similar to religion!
  • MacmulaMacmula
    edited February 2014

The fact of the matter is, some children can cleanse there bodies from the powerful heavy metals they put in these vaccines, like aluminum and mercury. Other children can not cleanse there body so these heavy metals can have very dangerous side effects like neurological disorders(Autism, A.D.D. etc.) 

It just depends on the person, and the problem with these vaccines is they are "one for all" and every child receives the exact same vaccine, and some children are injured from these vaccines. The FDA and CDC do not do enough tests on these vaccines nor do they have any procedures that are mandatory before a child is given a vaccine, such as if anyone in there family has had adverse affects from vaccines. What they really should do is test there gene's and find out how these toxins will affect them individually, but that would be too expensive.

My sister had adverse affects to vaccines when she was a baby(bad ear infections, flu, fever etc.) and she almost died. I have explained these points to her and she says she doesn't want to vaccinate her children(when she has them) I also am scared to vaccinate mine considering it does run in my family, I however did not have any adverse affects.

Honestly I have to disagree with you about "The benefits outweigh the risk" If you ask any mother who has had to gone through some serious conditions caused by vaccines(autism,multiple sclerosis and even death) they obviously would tell you they would much rather have to deal with measles or any other conditions these vaccines prevent. Obviously there is a grey area where you could vaccinate your kids and they will be perfectly healthy and also if you don't vaccinate your kids they could be perfectly healthy as well. I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum where i think the risks of these vaccines outweigh the risks of not getting them done.

That's why I was curious about what Dave's stance is on this subject, because I know he has had some women on the podcast who have helped their children to recover from autism through the brain and gut connection. Which most doctor's don't believe can happen, they think if someone has autism there is no cure. The fact is alot of doctor's have a very big ego and think that they know everything, even though only 6% of doctors have studied nutrition in their careers, which is the main way to prevent diseases and live a healthy lifestyle, not pumping people full of antibiotics. Just my thoughts.

"Autism is caused by vaccines."

Well, it's been fun in this thread, guys.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

• edited February 2014

What an ignorant comment, you'll fit it well into society.

There are links to Autism from vaccinations that can't be ignored
  • Questions I come up with re: vaccinations:

1- How many millions or perhaps billions of people are walking this planet unvaccinated or undervaccinated? 

2- Are these people dropping like flies? 

3- Can your body defend itself very well from direct injection into your bloodstream? (not really)

4- Are the success rates for vaccination provably highly successful? (again, not really)

5- Does history show most dangerous epidemics had already run their course and been beaten by the human defense mechanisms even before vaccinations became available?

6- Is the vaccination industry highly profitable? 

7- Can you defend yourself and your family by eating a balanced diet of real foods, thus boosting your immune system to function properly and highly successfully?

8- Do you or your doctor really know what is in the vaccination, and how it will effect you or your child, or are you simply one part in a group to make up the statistics of safe or not safe?

9- Do some children die from bad reactions to vaccinations, and is it possible to really know what yourself or your child's reaction will be?

10- Are vaccinations worth it when considering all of the above? 

Seeing through the chaotic.
  • StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress
    The Better Baby Book isn't against vaccines, he only says to leave them as late as possible.

Vaccination works in the "herd". The reason that unvaccinated people don't get the diseases is that the majority of people are vaccinated. I.e. They get the benefits of the herd vaccinations. If this dropped below a certain critical point, the diseases would surge.
  • And, unfortunately, that's what starting to happen..

Questions I come up with re: vaccinations:

1- How many millions or perhaps billions of people are walking this planet unvaccinated or undervaccinated? There are a ton of people out there who are totally unvaccinated, sure.

2- Are these people dropping like flies? Nope. They're either lucky, their bodies manage to fend off the diseases in question, or they're benefitting from dat dere herd immunity. SOME of them do drop like flies, though. Unfortunately.

3- Can your body defend itself very well from direct injection into your bloodstream? (not really) Of course not.

4- Are the success rates for vaccination provably highly successful? (again, not really) I would say it depends on the vaccines. Polio and Chicken pox seem to have been highly successful. The more suspect ones like Gardasil and flu? I have my doubts.

5- Does history show most dangerous epidemics had already run their course and been beaten by the human defense mechanisms even before vaccinations became available? If by "run their course" you mean "had already left many, many people dead", then yeah. Sure, sometimes the human body can cope with and adapt to certain conditions, but just because the Bubonic Plague eventually tapered off doesn't mean that millions of peasants wouldn't have benefitted from and appreciated a vaccine.

6- Is the vaccination industry highly profitable? Actually it isn't. At all. I used to think it was, but pharmaceutical companies make very little off of most vaccinations. I'll be the first to call out Big Pharma on anything, but I'm afraid we ain't got much on 'em in this case.

7- Can you defend yourself and your family by eating a balanced diet of real foods, thus boosting your immune system to function properly and highly successfully? Of course you can. And it works alright for some. But take a look around. Some posters on this forum still get sick. Paleohacks, Marks Daily Apple-- they all contain threads where users basically say: "I eat a great paleo/BP diet and I'm SOOO sick guys. WHAT DO???" Unfortunately, it's often not enough.

8- Do you or your doctor really know what is in the vaccination, and how it will effect you or your child, or are you simply one part in a group to make up the statistics of safe or not safe? I've done a little reading into this. My doctor couldn't list off the ingredients on the fly, but had a general idea of the contents. Heavy metals are no longer added to modern vaccines, trace amounts of aluminium are added, though. Basically, from my reading on the subject, while some of the stuff in the vaccine isn't "good" for you, it isn't all that different from what you might encounter and absentmindedly ingest in our polluted, modern world while out for a walk.

9- Do some children die from bad reactions to vaccinations, and is it possible to really know what yourself or your child's reaction will be? No, and this is the inherent risk. As a parent you have to consider these risks.

10- Are vaccinations worth it when considering all of the above? I would say yes. Others may feel differently.

• John BrissonJohn Brisson The Legend Formerly Known as Ron Swanson ✭✭✭
    edited February 2014

1- How many millions or perhaps billions of people are walking this planet unvaccinated or undervaccinated? Billions

2- Are these people dropping like flies? No, they are more likely dieing from malnutrition, lack of antibiotics, and violence then lack of vaccines.

3- Can your body defend itself very well from direct injection into your bloodstream? Yes, the liver and kidneys do a great job of filtering the injectable toxins. Don't believe me? The if you ever get a CAT scan, the Iodine 131 injection will kill you because of an iodine overdose. It doesn't because your kidneys work overtime to save you.

4- Are the success rates for vaccination provably highly successful? Depends on the vaccine, and the strain of bacteria / virus. For example some vaccines like for chickenpox are useless in getting the vaccination for the virus. This is because the vaccination can cause the disease or shingles later in life if you have a poor functioning immune system. Getting chicken pox can do the same thing as well. So if the vaccine has a good chance of causing the same issues as the disease what is the point?

5- Does history show most dangerous epidemics had already run their course and been beaten by the human defense mechanisms even before vaccinations became available? Again it depends on the infectious agent. Many humans have had rabies and drop like flies when they contract it to this day. The same could be said about meningitis.

6- Is the vaccination industry highly profitable? Very, but so are the conventional medicine and supplement industries.

7- Can you defend yourself and your family by eating a balanced diet of real foods, thus boosting your immune system to function properly and highly successfully? Diet and supplements are important, but some vaccinations like Tetanus and Rabies are medically necessary.

8- Do you or your doctor really know what is in the vaccination, and how it will effect you or your child, or are you simply one part in a group to make up the statistics of safe or not safe? I do

9- Do some children die from bad reactions to vaccinations, and is it possible to really know what yourself or your child's reaction will be? The same thing can be said about all medicines or supplements, it comes with a risk vs. benefit paradigm. No one knows if they are going to die from anything they ingest. Systemic allergic reactions are rare but happen. Yes, children and adults can become crippled or lose their life from vaccines. This is why there is a vaccination relief fund provided by the government. Isn't weird that medications may harm or kill people, but no fund exists for them?

10- Are vaccinations worth it when considering all of the above? Depends on the vaccination on a case by case basis. More than one vaccine should ever be given on the same day or week if all possible. Vitamin C, Zinc, and Fish Oil should be given afterwards to limit inflammation and increase immune system functioning afterwards. Toxins like mercury need to be taken out of the vaccines as well. Some vaccinations that might not be needed in a first world country include: Chicken pox, Shigella, Gardasil, Hepatitis A / B. Am I against vaccination? No, persay. Am I against giving toxin laden multiple vaccinations or useless vaccinations in a short time period? Hell yes.

My book Fix Your Gut, is offered on Amazon for $9.99.

I also offer coaching:  http://fixyourgut.com/health-coaching-information/

Please join or like the Fix your Gut Facebook. Also please add me on twitter @FixYourGutJB.

http://www.fixyourgut.com

• MaverickAzzMaverickAzz Powerful

Well said, John. I hope that puts this one to rest.

No sorcery, just science. 

• Well said, John. I hope that puts this one to rest.

Why put it to rest? It's an interesting discussion that more parent's should be talking about. The attitude of just sweeping all of these parent's stories of children who have been injured by vaccines under the rug is completely irresponsible.

You have to realize that these people making these vaccines care more about a dollar then they do about the safety of your children, that's why they put thermisol(mercury) in these vaccines, its to kill all of the bacteria the vaccine picked up in these warehouse while it was being created. I'm sure it wouldn't be easy for them to find a new way to make these where everything is sterile and there is no need for thermisol but i'd rather pay the extra five dollars for them to do that then pump chemicals into my children and save a few bucks.

Autism rates are sky high right now, 1 in 50 boys have autism...not to mention so many other neurological disorders that are infecting kids these days. Now I could be wrong, but I know i'm not going to risk my child's health because some doctor with a stick up his ass tells me to. No thanks.

• MaverickAzzMaverickAzz Powerful

I think you should have a good read of John's post again.

Why put it to rest? It's an interesting discussion that more parent's should be talking about. The attitude of just sweeping all of these parent's stories of children who have been injured by vaccines under the rug is completely irresponsible.

You have to realize that these people making these vaccines care more about a dollar then they do about the safety of your children, that's why they put thermisol(mercury) in these vaccines, its to kill all of the bacteria the vaccine picked up in these warehouse while it was being created. I'm sure it wouldn't be easy for them to find a new way to make these where everything is sterile and there is no need for thermisol but i'd rather pay the extra five dollars for them to do that then pump chemicals into my children and save a few bucks.

Autism rates are sky high right now, 1 in 50 boys have autism...not to mention so many other neurological disorders that are infecting kids these days. Now I could be wrong, but I know i'm not going to risk my child's health because some doctor with a stick up his ass tells me to. No thanks.

No sorcery, just science. 

• Jason MillerJason Miller Mother nature isn't stupid mod

People will concern themselves with their vitamin suffixes but don't bother looking at the difference between mercury ethyl and methyl, how convenient.

My Crossfit auto template programming here, body composition coaching through Eat to Perform here,

I don't know where you guys are getting your information from, but everything I've ever read on this issue seems to point to the vaccine business being extremely unprofitable for pharmaceutical companies. If anyone's got some good data on that that I've overlooked, please share. But as I understand it, most vaccines, with perhaps a few exceptions, don't rake in much dough.

edited February 2014

I don't know where you guys are getting your information from, but everything I've ever read on this issue seems to point to the vaccine business being extremely unprofitable for pharmaceutical companies. If anyone's got some good data on that that I've overlooked, please share. But as I understand it, most vaccines, with perhaps a few exceptions, don't rake in much dough.

Unless they make people sick, lol! But seriously you sure about that? Guardsil made Merck $665 million in profit.

Please join or like the Fix your Gut Facebook. Also please add me on twitter @FixYourGutJB.

Pretty sure gardasil is one of the exceptions. Stuff like flu and childhood vaccines have always been a mostly "humanitarian" thing on their part. Hell, if I had a daughter I'd never give her a gardasil vaccine anyhow. Poorly studied and awful side effects. But I digress.

Lol @ OP.

>starts thread asking about vaccines

>already has strong opinions on them that aren't backed by facts

>gets buttmad when people here disagree with him

• Re: profits.

Maybe a mere 5-10 years back, the influenza vaccine was there to be had, but nowadays they saturate every open inch of unused advertising space to sucker you in for Flu Shots.  That IMO = $$$

Outside store windows, on banners, billboards, everywhere inside the store.  Red flags galore any time the "heads" target suckers.

Seeing through the chaotic.
    edited February 2014

People will concern themselves with their vitamin suffixes but don't bother looking at the difference between mercury ethyl and methyl, how convenient.

That is true, ethyl mercury might be quickly excreted from the body with little harm. But it hasn't been studied in humans extensively to know for sure yet.

Pretty sure gardasil is one of the exceptions. Stuff like flu and childhood vaccines have always been a mostly "humanitarian" thing on their part. Hell, if I had a daughter I'd never give her a gardasil vaccine anyhow. Poorly studied and awful side effects. But I digress.

Lol @ OP.

>starts thread asking about vaccines

>already has strong opinions on them that aren't backed by facts

>gets buttmad when people here disagree with him

You sure about that hoss? http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/19/us-flu-vaccines-idUSBRE98I0M720130919

edited February 2014

Autism is a spectrum disorder caused by a wide variety of things. Vaccines could possibly be a factor, another could be plastics.

When my son was in Chapel Hill last year a little girl was rushed to the hospital because her lungs were liquidating. Yeah, you read that right. It turns out that she got the nasal flu vaccine two days prior. The hospital didn't blame the infection on the flu vaccine, not one bit. She recovered, but I doubt her quality of life will ever be the same.

Most interesting. A fairly recent article, too. Don't think I saw this. Thanks for sharing.

•  "Now I could be wrong, but I know i'm not going to risk my child's health because some doctor with a stick up his ass tells me to"

​You are wrong, and you are risking your child's health, as well as the putting others at risk!

• "When my son was in Chapel Hill last year a little girl was rushed to the hospital because her lungs were liquidating. Yeah, you read that right. It turns out that she got the nasal flu vaccine two days prior."

I cut my finger yesterday. Two days ago I had a martini. I guess the martini caused my bleeding. (Maybe it was just the olives, but better safe than sorry.) 

•  "Now I could be wrong, but I know i'm not going to risk my child's health because some doctor with a stick up his ass tells me to"

​You are wrong, and you are risking your child's health, as well as the putting others at risk!

Putting others at risk? Are you referring to the misunderstood "herd immunity", that is touted by the party line like politics uses keywords?

• I friend sent me this link, to a pro vaccine website. - http://www.voicesforvaccines.org/leaving-the-anti-vaccine-movement/

I am not going to even address their pro vaccine stance, as they make a lot of claims against why "anti vaccine" people are wrong, but then never even address it. Furthermore the website is portrayed as "moms for vaccines".

So I started doing some research into it, here was my response.

If someone is telling you something you have to look and ask why they are telling you this. What is the motive behind their information and what do they have to gain? If someone is paid by Verizon to sell phones, and they say "I like my Verizon phone a lot, it always works well and is the best phone", they could be telling you this because it's true, or because they make money by telling you this... How you receive the message is definitely dependent on what they have to gain by telling you the message.

If someone tells you "I've done a lot of research into vaccines, and I feel they do more harm than good and wouldn't recommend them", what do they have to gain by telling you this, what are they trying to sell? If they say "I wouldn't recommend vaccines, but essential oils would be better, and matter of fact I have some to sell", then the message is a bit different and should be scrutinized differently.

When a website is published in such a way to make readers believe it is "just a mom" writing about how good vaccines are, you have to wonder, do they get any financial support from the makers of the vaccines? Then when you discover it's actually funded by a multinational organization (www.taskforce.org) which receives funding from vaccine makers (BILLIONS), and the Bill & Malinda Gates Foundation, a known eugenicist... The message becomes different. (attached is www.Taskforce.org financial report, tell me they're unbiased).

I'm all out of likes for the day, but that's a pretty awesome post, Desp. Thanks for sharing.

edited February 2014

I friend sent me this link, to a pro vaccine website. - http://www.voicesforvaccines.org/leaving-the-anti-vaccine-movement/

I am not going to even address their pro vaccine stance, as they make a lot of claims against why "anti vaccine" people are wrong, but then never even address it. Furthermore the website is portrayed as "moms for vaccines".

So I started doing some research into it, here was my response.

If someone is telling you something you have to look and ask why they are telling you this. What is the motive behind their information and what do they have to gain? If someone is paid by Verizon to sell phones, and they say "I like my Verizon phone a lot, it always works well and is the best phone", they could be telling you this because it's true, or because they make money by telling you this... How you receive the message is definitely dependent on what they have to gain by telling you the message.

If someone tells you "I've done a lot of research into vaccines, and I feel they do more harm than good and wouldn't recommend them", what do they have to gain by telling you this, what are they trying to sell? If they say "I wouldn't recommend vaccines, but essential oils would be better, and matter of fact I have some to sell", then the message is a bit different and should be scrutinized differently.

When a website is published in such a way to make readers believe it is "just a mom" writing about how good vaccines are, you have to wonder, do they get any financial support from the makers of the vaccines? Then when you discover it's actually funded by a multinational organization (www.taskforce.org) which receives funding from vaccine makers (BILLIONS), and the Bill & Malinda Gates Foundation, a known eugenicist... The message becomes different. (attached is www.Taskforce.org financial report, tell me they're unbiased).

attachicon.giffinal_tfgh_ar12updated.jpg

Furthermore I haven't actually read an article on there to dispute anything, or present any facts. The last article brought up a lot of the anti vaccine thoughts, and did nothing to address them, talked about how not vaccinating she had healthy kids, then showed a few charts with no data, did not address the fact that many of the diseases were already on there way out prior to vaccines due to increased sanitary conditions and other factors eliminating the diseases.

In order to understand the truth about vaccines one would need to actually look at the research papers, not just the conclusion but the research, and then form their own opinion, an understanding of bio-statistics would also help, as some researchers change the standard statistical norm and widen the margin of error in order to have the outcome they've been paid to find. 

An understanding of immunology is also important, as a vaccine generated antibody behaves differently in the body, some speculation as how vaccines create a different immune response than the actual disease, and how future generations don't have the same natural protection from mothers who have been vaccinated, as it may not pass along the same way.

The universities write the text books, the pharmaceutical industry has extensive ties to faculty at the medical schools and the universities, every doctor now is taught a certain way.

Then just like the article below mentions, for every 1 positive study, there seems to be 1 negative study, which no one ever mentions, that has to be found and evaluated, and taken into account.

While you’re researching those angles, you also need to keep in mind correlation does not equal causation, and if the introduction of a vaccine that just so happens to eradicate a certain illness, at the same time in history that water treatment became mainstream, sanitary conditions improved drastically, and horses no longer shit in the street… Maybe the correlation of the vaccine being invented and the eradication of the disease is not accurate.

Then of course you have to take corruption into account, and realize vaccines such as the flu shot have purposefully (or accidentally, as the manufacturer reported it) contain the live and active virus, so people will become sick with the flu, in order to spur more people into purchasing (usually VIA insurance) more flu shots. Nothing sells vaccines better than fear.

Not directly related to vaccines, but a very similar situation where mainstream says it's completely safe, here's is the research I did on Zofran...

My wife was given some Zofran (Ondansetron) which is an anti-nausea drug prescribed to cancer patients, and doctors prescribe it “off label” for morning sickness. A friend had it prescribed to her and she had a lot left over, she said it was awesome. 

Doing a bit of research finds this - Pregnancy
    Animal reproduction studies have not shown evidence of harm to the fetus or impairment of fertility with use of high daily doses of ondansetron. Additionally, a cohort study of over 600,000 pregnancies in Denmark found that ondansetron administration during pregnancy was not associated with a significantly increased risk of spontaneous abortion, stillbirth, major birth defect, preterm birth, low birth weight, or small for gestational age.[8] Ondansetron is in pregnancy category B in the US.

Sounds pretty safe right? Your baby isn’t going to be small or have a birth defect but how does it work though?

Ondansetron is used to prevent nausea and vomiting caused by cancer chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and surgery. Ondansetron is in a class of medications called serotonin 5-HT3 receptor antagonists. It works by blocking the action of serotonin, a natural substance that may cause nausea and vomiting.

Okay, so it blocks serotonin receptors.

Serotonin or 5-hydroxytryptamine is a monoamine neurotransmitter. Biochemically derived from tryptophan, serotonin is primarily found in the gastrointestinal tract, platelets, and in the central nervous system of animals, including humans

We have a developing fetus, everything is coming along nicely, and now we introduce some neurotransmitter antagonists into the mix. What does that do to the development of the child? They’ve done plenty of studies to know it doesn’t kill it. Does it mess up the chemistry of the brain, does it create some sort of neurotransmitter imbalance? No one knows, but what they do know is it crosses the placenta and the fetus is exposed. If your fetus is going to die because you can’t stop vomiting would it be worth taking Zofran? Probably… If you’re uncomfortable and the nausea is an inconvenience is it worth taking? Many women do, doctors prescribe it and say "It's perfectly safe, it never kills your baby".

Zofran is perfectly safe for your baby, just like vaccines.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/16584287
    RESULTS:
    Ondansetron was found in all samples. Drug concentration in fetal tissue was significantly higher than that in the amniotic fluid and similar to that in the coelomic fluid. The median (interquartile range) fetal/maternal ratio was 0.41 (0.31-0.52) and there were no significant correlations between ondansetron concentrations in each compartment and gestational age.
    CONCLUSIONS:
    A significant amount of ondansetron was present in all embryonic compartments. The developmental significance of this drug exposure requires further investigation, i.e. whole embryo culture.

So MY conclusion to this story is, unlike EVERY SINGLE PUBLISHED STORY of it being SAFE, is the long term developmental significant is COMPLETELY UNKNOWN, it has NEVER been researched. I read many many articles repeating the same story of the same research showing there was no increase in miscarriages or still births...

You can read news story after news story of vaccines being safe and effective, you're a fool for not getting them, but just like the "moms for vaccines" site, they are PAID to give good reports, that being the case you absolutely have to read the medical studies, understand the bio-statistics and understand when the scientist deviate from the accepted norm in order to change the outcome so it becomes positive.

And when recommendations for drugs are made, this story needs to be considered.
    Drug Companies & Doctors: A Story of Corruption
    http://www.nybooks.c...-of-corruption/
    No one knows the total amount provided by drug companies to physicians, but I estimate from the annual reports of the top nine US drug companies that it comes to tens of billions of dollars a year. By such means, the pharmaceutical industry has gained enormous control over how doctors evaluate and use its own products. Its extensive ties to physicians, particularly senior faculty at prestigious medical schools, affect the results of research, the way medicine is practiced, and even the definition of what constitutes a disease.
    -snip-
    A few decades ago, medical schools did not have extensive financial dealings with industry, and faculty investigators who carried out industry-sponsored research generally did not have other ties to their sponsors. But schools now have their own manifold deals with industry and are hardly in a moral position to object to their faculty behaving in the same way. A recent survey found that about two thirds of academic medical centers hold equity interest in companies that sponsor research within the same institution.6 A study of medical school department chairs found that two thirds received departmental income from drug companies and three fifths received personal income.7 In the 1980s medical schools began to issue guidelines governing faculty conflicts of interest but they are highly variable, generally quite permissive, and loosely enforced.
    -snip-
    In view of this control and the conflicts of interest that permeate the enterprise, it is not surprising that industry-sponsored trials published in medical journals consistently favor sponsors’ drugs—largely because negative results are not published, positive results are repeatedly published in slightly different forms, and a positive spin is put on even negative results. A review of seventy-four clinical trials of antidepressants, for example, found that thirty-seven of thirty-eight positive studies were published.8 But of the thirty-six negative studies, thirty-three were either not published or published in a form that conveyed a positive outcome. It is not unusual for a published paper to shift the focus from the drug’s intended effect to a secondary effect that seems more favorable.

And that is why my wife took B6 for her pregnancy nausea, safe and effective.

But in Zofran's defense, ginger blocks nausea by the same mechanism of action (5-HT3) because of the compound galanolactone. :wink:

I still choose Ginger over Zofran because ginger has been used by pregnant women throughout history.

Very impressed Desp keep up the research.

"When my son was in Chapel Hill last year a little girl was rushed to the hospital because her lungs were liquidating. Yeah, you read that right. It turns out that she got the nasal flu vaccine two days prior."

I cut my finger yesterday. Two days ago I had a martini. I guess the martini caused my bleeding. (Maybe it was just the olives, but better safe than sorry.) 

I don't even know how to begin to answer this horrible analogy.