Curious About Vaccinations

Comments

• And that is why my wife took B6 for her pregnancy nausea, safe and effective.

But in Zofran's defense, ginger blocks nausea by the same mechanism of action (5-HT3) because of the compound galanolactone. :wink:

I still choose Ginger over Zofran because ginger has been used by pregnant women throughout history.

Very impressed Desp keep up the research.

Thanks, I know I originally asked about Zofran on here and you mentioned ginger working the same way. I don't recall if you or someone else posted the study on the fetal concentrations of zofran, I'll definitely give credit to whoever posted it, or I might have found it, but non the less that was my conclusion. I definitely think a natural compound acting upon the same mechanism as a drug might have different outcomes at the fetal level, but just like the research paper noted, further research needs to be performed regarding developmental implications on taking Zofran, yet not one story I read mentioned that. If you use google news you can type in "Zofran during pregnancy" and read a dozen articles repeating the same research. "It's safe, it doesn't cause miscarriage, end of story".

For a hotly debated topic like vaccines I'd like to post references to my statements on the studies, but I don't have time right now so people can take this for what it's worth. Originally vaccines were thought to protect the recipient for life, just like immunization one would receive if they contracted it naturally. That was taught for 40 or 50 years after vaccines were introduced, until some time later they discovered the immunization effect only lasted for 2 to 10 years. Once they was figured out they quietly started to introduce "booster" shots, the problem is during all of those years of the unprotected population, the "herd immunity" theory would have suddenly lost it's entire validity as more than 95% must be immunized, and at any point 50% or less was. Additionally according to the common party line, outbreaks should have been occurring at a high rate, as such a small percent was effectively immunized. Yet that was not happening, and the herd immunity was still being used as an excuse to make worried people combative against dissidence. Oddly enough those same people complaining about herd immunity don't understand that the concept would only be valid against those who are immunocompromised, and if your child is healthy and has received all of their immunizations there should be no worry if they are as effective as reported. The whole theory is completely bunk as most adults have no immunization and the herd theory only works at 95% or more.  

At the end of the day, is the immunization really helping, even if it does work? We now know it doesn't protect you for life as if you were to receive the immunization naturally, in 1900 measles had a mortality rate of 13 per 100,000, by 1940 it was less than 2 per 100,000 mortality, before the vaccine was even created, is it REALLY that scary? 

Interesting enough using the false herd theory argument pharma companies have been able to lobby governments into legislating forced inoculations, which is possible but difficult to opt out of, and most people will just go along with it. If it's so effective and works so well, why are people FORCED to purchase it?

What happens to the species if you lose all natural resistance to diseases?

Say the vaccines are safe, effective and needed... The vaccine schedule and the amount that is introduced to young children when they are still developing is completely insane, and I believe dangerous.

Oh yeah, tetanus... How many people have you heard of that's had it? Anyone? I've never heard of one person or talked to anyone that's ever had tetanus.. Here are some numbers...

This report summarizes the results of that analysis, which found that 233 tetanus cases were reported during 2001--2008; among the 197 cases with known outcomes, the case-fatality rate was 13.2%. Average annual incidence during that period was 0.10 per 1 million population overall.

Most people simply do not receive tetanus booster shots, and the annual incidence is .1 PER ONE MILLION. Are you kidding me? With odds like that we are all suppose to purchase tetanus vaccines? The numbers stayed constant even after it was introduced and before they knew you needed "booster" shots, it's completely bunk.

I was talking to a nurse friend of mine, they just had to get their tetanus shot, they say "yeah tetanus is pretty nasty, they were telling us all about it"... Of course they were, fear sells... Do you know the actual possibility of getting tetanus!?

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

Another awesome post, mate.

Reading all of this, I concede that the OP might have a point. Vaccinations should be approached with caution, at the very least. Also, if John Brisson's article upthread is indeed accurate, then the vaccine industry stands to make some good money in the years to come-- more than ever before. A lot of food for thought in this thread!

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• I personally have never been, won't ever be, nor will I for my children.

Anyone else wants to; that's your business....I don't give two sharts out of a rats ass what you do.  :cool:

• I can see both sides of the argument.

As a single parent of an autistic teen, I have tried many things over the years in order to make my sons condition better. At this point in time, no one knows the actual cause of autism, there are so many variables and pointing the finger isn't going to fix anything. 

I have seen progress when implementing the bulletproof diet for both myself and my son, the struggle now is finding foods and recipes that he will actual eat. He loves gluten rich foods and is a finicky eater- trying new foods sometimes can be a battle and not just types of food, but also textures. I was thinking about starting a new topic about our progress on Autism and the bulletproof lifestyle. Feel free to ask questions or advice

• Ok. I've been looking into the whole vaccine thing. I went into it with the thoughts anti vaccine because if the autism links, the murcery that are in the vaccines that they give us. Read all the anti points and blogs and was convinced I would never put any kids that I might have through that. Even though I have been fully vaccinated and I'm ok, (ok debatable) then I decided the read the propaganda that the government and big pharm is feeding us. Eyes bleeding through the CDC site reading all the lies they are giving us. Then I went to see satan himself. Comparing the cdc recommended list to the data sheets from a big pharm I got a little confused. (http://www.merck.com/product/vaccines/home.html) not always easy to find. But I think I found the ingredient list for their meds. I wasn't able to find the murcery content that everyone warned me about. Well crap unless I'm missing a slang name it seems all forms of murcery have been taken out in vaccines except for a multi dose of the flu. Humm that's not what I've been told on the anti sites.

Then I noticed couple of them have aluminum in them. That must not be good (still looking into this but…) but I've drank out of alum cans most my life. But surly that can't be good for a baby. "Aluminum is found in breast milk, but only a small amount of this aluminum will enter the infant’s body through breastfeeding. Typical aluminum concentrations in human breast milk range from 0.0092 to 0.049 mg/L. Aluminum is also found in soy-based infant formula (0.46–0.93 mg/L) and milk-based infant formula (0.058–0.15 mg/L)." Well CRAP, alum is in a lot of stuff. http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/toxprofiles/tp22-c1.pdf

Guess the next step would be chicken or bovine influences. That's a good one. A new born child we wouldn't really know if they have a egg allergy. So I can see that as a decent reason the avoid those that could pose a egg allergy until known for sure if the child is safe or would react.

The only other thing I could really see any sound (to me) reasoning to would be the amount of vaccines we put a young child through. Maybe that just stresses their young and developing system through too much. This is the path my reading had brought me to and I'm just starting to get into the opposing views on this topic so I'm still open on this.

Me, I want to distrust the big pharm, I want to believe in a big conspiracy and if we just raise our kids naturally they will be perfect citizens and never suffer from a disease. After several generations my offsprings, offsprings might be cleaned of the poisons I was injected with, or they could be suffering from polio. I don't know

With vaccines or anythig you give your child or take yourself do your own research and try to avoid the propiganda that both sides of a issue put out. Look for the facts and ingreidents.

Myself, with my wife and I at 15weeks for our first time, and with twins, right now here is where my thoughts are leading. Not all vaccines seem too bad (that hpv one seems to be a issue) they don't seem to have mercury anymore so that isn't a issue. So unless I see a ingredient I'm worried about, I'm not too worried. What I am considering though is spacing out them at a older age. I want to see what the downsides would be if we waited until after the 2yr mark to slowly give a child the ones that would be benifitial to them and skipping the ones that are for a disease that causes no real risk. I'm in the process of starting to look for that research.

I am worried about my children having, getting the autism spectrum, someone in my family has it. But nothing I have found so far has proven what is the cause of autism. I've read blogs and studies about vaccinated and non-vaccinated children that are autistic. I can't seem to find one fact based paper that says without a doubt ******** causes autism. Every ones says this or that Could be a cause.

It's a personal choice we make that affects our kids, so that makes it a heated issue. So it is our responsibility to learn as much as we can before making a decision biased on as much facts we can gather and not on emotion.

Reading the OP question again and skimmed my book, yes he talked a little about autism and vaccines. I won't copy what he said because I don't know if he has posted his information on a blog but he says to do your research and believe he said there, and on a podcast that his kids are not vaccinated.

Ok rant over for now
  • Malone, the mercury ingredient is Thimerosal. From the CDC

What is thimerosal?

Thimerosal is a mercury-based preservative that has been used for decades in the United States in multi-dose vials (vials containing more than one dose) of some vaccines to prevent the growth of germs, bacteria and fungi, that can contaminate them.

What are preservatives and why are they sometimes used in vaccines?

Preservatives have been used in vaccines for more than 70 years and are added to vaccines to prevent the growth of bacteria or fungi that could possibly make the vaccine in multi-dose vials unsafe. This may occur when a syringe needle enters a vial as a vaccine is being prepared for administration. Contamination by germs in a vaccine could cause serious infections.

• Hrere is the research I did with rotavirus.

So I decided to look into the recommended vaccine schedule, and then do research on each virus and see what the actual mortality rate is, what the vaccine is suppose to do, then compare the mortality rate of the virus to the serious and sometimes deadly side effects of the vaccine.

Hepatitis B vaccine is a scam, even my nurse friend said it was a scam, they started marketing it towards infants in order to sell it.

So skipping over Hep B lets start with rotavirus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotavirus

In summary it is a fecal to orally transmitted virus, which is extremely concentrated in the feces of the infected person, more than 10 trillion cells per gram, and it only takes 100 cells to become sick. People build a natural immunity to it after they've been naturally infected a few times, that's why babies generally can only get it, and adults are immune, or rather asymptomatic.

It seems the most common method of it spreading is from child to child, in a daycare like setting.

Rotavirus simply causes diarrhea, with proper hydration it goes away and the child is fine. Dying from it is like an IQ test for the parents, and even with the amount of stupid people in existence, STILL out of the ENTIRE US population only 37 children died on average annually.

According to the CDC in 1999, rotavirus was causing 20 to 40 infant deaths annually in the US when the first rotavirus vaccine, RotaShield, was introduced. It was estimated that about 50,000 hospitalizations occurred in the US because of severe diarrhea and dehydration.

Today, even though almost all US infants receive vaccines for rotavirus, and despite efforts to improve the management of childhood rotavirus-associated diarrhea, hospitalizations of children in the U.S. with the disease have not significantly declined in the past two decades: the CDC says rotavirus infection is still responsible for an estimated 400,000 doctor visits; more than 200,000 emergency room visits; and 55,000 to 70,000 hospitalizations in the US.

The CDC also says that 20 to 60 infant deaths now die every year in the US due to rotavirus infection. The CDC says that children ages 6 months to 24 months old are most at risk for serious complications or death from rotavirus, when supportive treatment, or re-hydration, is not given during the illness.

http://www.nvic.org/vaccines-and-diseases/Rotavirus.aspx

The vaccine has appeared to do nothing for the annual mortality rate, or hospitalization.

Before the vaccination was created there was a 0.0011% chance of death due to dehydration from the rotavirus (annually 20 to 60 deaths out of the estimated 2,700,000 cases). Compare that to a 1.5% chance of Intussusception.(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intussusception_%28medical_disorder%29)

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1303164

It was first introduced in 1998 and then pulled off the market in 1999 because of "adverse effects" (intussusception and death). According to the above link the second generation virus has the same problem... oops...

And then of course as the story below illustrates, it had it's own fair share of corruption and known problems, including unethical medical practices and conflicts of interest. The comment in the bottom of the article about the ladies daughter having bloody diarrhea the day after receiving the vaccine is another good example. 

In summary... Every child born will get the rotavirus at some point, and with proper nutrition and hydration is a complete non issue. What baby have you ever known of that at some point they didn't have diarrhea? I'm sure being fed formula only makes it worse, and day care etc., I'll take my chance with the naturally occurring illness.

• If you look at the death rates or serious complications for these "scary" illnesses we must vaccinate against, it was very very very small in the 1940s. With modern treatment, nutrition and sanitation they're not as scary as you're led to believe. Catching the disease naturally usually means immunity for life, vaccinations require constant boosters (which most people don't get).

I just started reading this book - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1881217302/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• But that's my point about the mercury scare, thimerosal, from what I remember is only in the multi dose flu shot. From the ingredient list I read up on, I didnt do the full recommended CDC list yet but I forget what age I stopped looking up on. It looked to me that thimerosal was no longer used in most shots.
  • Right, it appears they removed it from a lot of shots.

There is some other very serious issues with vaccines, unrelated to thimerosal that shouldn't be glanced over.

• Great topic, but a very touchy subject.  Its because it involves our children and no one wants to hurt their child or be responsible for hurting them based on a ill advised decision.  I am still on the fence with vaccinations.  For the moment we have chosen to delay vaccines for our child.  I may change my mind and do some in the future.  I just wish we all had a definitive answer to two questions---are vaccines effective?  are vaccines safe? Neither one has been answered IMO to my satisfaction to get my child vaccinated.   It would be amazing if Dave got into this debate and really took a look at ALL the research out there on the matter. 

• This is probably the hardest thread to read.

Those that choose not to get your kid vaccinated, make sure you go hang out with other non vaccinated kids. Because when my kid gets vaccinated I do not want them protecting your child.

Personally I have had all my vaccines, multiple other shots (twinrix, tetanus,boosters and others) not to forget 30 flu shots and I am walking around just fine.

If you want to link it to autism, why don't you go look at the amount of people working in this sector of our health care systems and the testing standards and when it became much more prominent.

If you don't want to get your kid vaccinated, that's on you. But please don't go promoting it to everyone you know, it will cause a lot more problems then good.

And go ahead and bitch at me,

Those that choose not to get your kid vaccinated, make sure you go hang out with other non vaccinated kids. Because when my kid gets vaccinated I do not want them protecting your child.

Personally I have had all my vaccines, multiple other shots (twinrix, tetanus,boosters and others) not to forget 30 flu shots and I am walking around just fine.

If you want to link it to autism, why don't you go look at the amount of people working in this sector of our health care systems and the testing standards and when it became much more prominent.

If you don't want to get your kid vaccinated, that's on you. But please don't go promoting it to everyone you know, it will cause a lot more problems then good.

Wait what! LOL Did you just say not to bring unvaccinated kids around yours because you don't want to protect them?  What protects a child ultimately is their own immune system. 

Just curious why you think not vaccinating will promote more harm then good.  I am assuming you believe in "herd immunity."  If so, that's were the problem or answer I should say lies. 

• Jen, he's obviously a troll. I would not even bother with a response.

Personally I haven't had any vaccinations & am walking around just fine too!

I'm a lot healthier than anyone else I know , a vaccine won't protect you from a bad diet which causes most complications , not because your not vaccinated.
  • Wow what a great thread, I have done exhaustive research as I have a little girl on the way and as someone who is used to reading scientific studies etc this still is an exhaustive task.  Hands down this thread has been the most "adult" conversation I have seen on the subject.  Guess I need to spend more time on this forum.  So far the decision I have come to is:

The vaccience may have caused me some autoimune issue so I am going to be relutant to vaccinate my daughter.

I will get her the hair folical test that shows how well or not her body does with heavy metal detoxification.

Most of the vaccinations are joke and won't be considered.

I don't plan on rulling out all vaccienes forever and will continue to look at the research and the case at hand because the premis of how vacciene is suppose to work is sound.

Thanks to everyone that took the time to write long reasearched posts.

• smcgann,

Which vaccines have you found that you think might be useful. I am speaking from the standpoint of a first world nation with proper sanitary conditions and good nutrition. Not in Africa living in the brush.

And proper medical care in case the very small percentage chance of someone coming down with one of these diseases, making it a non issue and not a death sentence, like if you were living in the jungle.

Thoughts?

• I have not read this but apparently it has some very good information about what, why, when, how, if...etc.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Vaccine-Book-Decision-Parenting/dp/0316180521/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393885028&sr=8-1&keywords=the+vaccine+book

Help me get my blog up and running...check it out for recipes and info

http://adventuresintheuncommon.wordpress.com

• I have not read this but apparently it has some very good information about what, why, when, how, if...etc.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Vaccine-Book-Decision-Parenting/dp/0316180521/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393885028&sr=8-1&keywords=the+vaccine+book

Thought this was interesting, from one of the reviewers.

Regarding a 2003 Study published in Pediatrics, Sears explains, "Although at first it was considered reliable, it was later discovered (in unpublished CDC research made public by the Freedom of Information Act) that the study initially showed that vaccine mercury actually increased the risk of autism seven fold. But instead of publishing that result, researchers expanded the study to include tens of thousands of additional children who were part of a bankrupt HMO that failed to keep adequate medical records, essentially diluting the study with enough nonautistic children to give the result that the mercury did not cause autism. Some CDC officials have subsequently discounted the study, although numerous experts continue to refer back to it" (pp. 215-216). Despite this and the many other similarly disturbing facts that Sears duly notes (don't skip his treatment of aluminum in the "Vaccine Ingredients" chapter), he nevertheless continues to trust the CDC. He writes, "As a physician, I have the utmost faith in CDC policies and research" (p. 187).

• there is propaganda on both sides, but, obviously, the vaccine pushers have a profit in mind.  what really got me was a full page ad in a parenting magazine for the chicken pox vaccine.  there was a sad rubber ducky with tears dripping down it's face and the text refered to children dying of complications.  really?  didn't we all have the chicken pox as kids which has provided a natural immunity?   i intentionally exposed my kids to chicken pox and it was difficult to find someone with it because so many have been vaccinated.  my 11 and 15 year old kids have not had any immunizations.  the older one had whooping cough last month and took antibiotics for the first time in his life.  he missed a couple days of school.  my kids are generally pretty healthy.

i would like to go to Africa someday, but the requirement for the yellow fever vaccine puts me off.  and the malaria medication has made many of my friends sick.  of course, i wouldn't want either of these sicknesses...  

• Full disclosure:  I have three (6, 3, and 2 weeks) kids, one received all recommended vaccines until three years old, and the other two are not vaccinated.  This is an interesting debate which there are very few reasonable articles on the subject.  I began researching vaccines when my first kid began having unexplained allergic reactions when introducing her to solid foods around 6-9 months (later found out it was a nut allergy), and developed a bad case of eczema.  In the course of my research, I went to every website from the far right religious, to conspiracy theorist, to pro vaccine advocates claiming that everyone who does not vaccinate should be have their children taken away/put in jail/killed.

My main reasons for choosing not to vaccinate are the confluence of the following factors:

1) currently doctors know very little about how the body actually works as a whole system, especially when it comes to substances traveling through the body through various mechanisms and how individual bodies process foreign substances.  Additionally, long term studies that purport to prove that vaccines reduced the number of various diseases are epidemiological, which has it's own problems in determining causation vs. correlation (the same argument used by people who say vaccines don't cause autism despite the correlation to increased numbers of vaccines).   

2) vaccine manufactures put substances/chemicals in vaccines that require MSDSs (material safety data sheets which detail the safe handling of toxic substances), of which many do not have established toxicity limits either becasue

a) the manufacture won't reveal what form of a certain substance is in the vaccine or

b) said substance has no research establishing a toxicity

3) There is no adequate discussion of risks associated with vaccination.  The "vaccine court" as mentioned in another post has paid out over $2.7 Billion in compensation (http://www.hrsa.gov/vaccinecompensation/data.html) so clearly vaccination is not with out risks.  No doctor I have run into can articulate the risks of vaccination.  The vaccine court will not release the data in cases where they paid out money for injury compensation.

4) Most of Europe has a vastly different vaccination and yet there is not a huge outbreak of any "vaccine preventable" disease.  As an example I currently live in Germany, and German schools do not require children to have any vaccinations. 

Below are some of the most informative, balanced resources I have come across in making my decision.  Hopefully this will help others in coming to their own decision.  I would also recommend that everyone studying the subject read the actual manufacture brochure (usually over 17 pages long).  I liken it to reading a contract you are going to sign. 

http://www.nvic.org/ - has a very useful vaccine ingredients calculator which is currently under revision, and also has links to the manufacture brochure for each manufacture and individual vaccine (TDAP, MMR from Merc etc...) 

http://blindedbythelightt.blogspot.de/2013/06/87-published-works-on-vaccines-and.html - a good reference to 87 peer reviewed, published articles on vaccines and adverse health concerns.  There are more out there.

I would also recommend everyone considering the issue pick up a book "Vaccinations A thoughtful parents guide".  This is the only book I have come across that does not begin or end with a predetermined idea (pro or anti vaccine).  It presents the data from studies good and bad and leaves the decision to the parents.  http://www.amazon.com/Vaccinations-Thoughtful-Sensible-Decisions-Alternatives/dp/0892819316/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1404589111&sr=8-1&keywords=vaccinations+a+thoughtful+parent%E2%80%99s+guide

"The Greater Good" documentary.  This is the most balanced video yet on the pro's and con's of vaccination, presenting both sides about as equally as possible.  About once a year they offer it for a free viewing, otherwise it is approximately $10 last time I checked (which was a while ago).  http://www.greatergoodmovie.org/ 

Hopefully this gives others some good resources to make their own decisions.  I wrote this relatively quickly so please excuse typo's/some bad sentence structure. 

Sam

• This subject tormented my thoughts as I watched my kids get vaccinated. Lets just say that if I could do it all over again I would not get them vaccinated. I was compelled but waited too long before I had the balls to go with my gut (as opposed to the mostly well meaning white coats)

I love how everyone says you are making others sick if you do not vaccinate. Well if the vaccinations worked than what do you care if you are the only one vaccinated in the world? I also love how the data on people pooping in backyard outhouses and (as others have said) horse pooping in streets is ignored. Common sense says this is huge!

Anyway, this lady is convincing in my eyes

http://childhoodshots.com/

Especially when I listen to my teacher friends tell me that every year they watch the children who get the chickenpox vaccine ..........get chickenpox.

• I love how everyone says you are making others sick if you do not vaccinate. Well if the vaccinations worked than what do you care if you are the only one vaccinated in the world?

The making other people sick part comes from a misunderstanding of the propaganda. The official line is - you are putting other people at risk that are immune compromised or too young to receive the vaccines. This has been misunderstood by the pro vaccine people as, they are putting everyone at risk. Then of course they like to talk about herd immunity, which has never been studied in humans (just herds…) and the effective rate of herd immunity has never been achieved by humans. Even if you leave out the fact that vaccines wear off (more below), the total vaccination rate has never reached herd immunity levels.

I know someone that actually understood that part (but not the whole picture), and wouldn’t let their new baby around other unvaccinated children until he was old enough to have all of his vaccines. So at that point he was completely “protected” and all of the unvaccinated people couldn’t hurt him. This was brought up specifically in regards to them not coming to a party, because someone else with their unvaccinated kids were going to be there.

Now the part that they didn’t understand, and it was not understood until sometime after “vaccine theory” came about, was that a vaccine does not offer lifelong immunity the same way having the actual disease does. From what I’ve researched most vaccines are “effective” for 15 years. That being the case, most adults and teenagers are technically unvaccinated.

I recently found this book which I will be purchasing to read soon - http://www.amazon.com/Dissolving-Illusions-Suzanne-Humphries-ebook/dp/B00E7FOA0U/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&sr=&qid=

And I suggest reading this blog post, talking about the book - http://www.lewrockwell.com/2015/01/joseph-mercola/the-sordid-history-of-vaccines/

• edited January 2015

I found this website very informative particularly and gives some much needed wider perspective.   http://www.jayne-donegan.co.uk/measles-2013   Dr Tetyana Obukhanych Vaccine Illusion presentation on YouTube was also illuminating.

Measles vaccine wasn't introduced in the UK until 1969 and it wasn't until the 90s that vaccination was aggressively pushed. No one was that fussed about measles outbreaks when I was a kid. It was pretty much a childhood rite of passage and not that serious for most people.  Many of my friends with children have posted pro-vaccination posts on social media as everyone seem to be so excited about a little measles outbreak in California. I saw a post from a friend of a friend demanding everyone be vaccinated by law - why not go right back to the days of vaccinating people at gunpoint.  Measles isn't smallpox or ebola. It has had a 1% mortality rate since the 1940s and I find that much of the information published on it to encourage vaccination tries to make it sound like the most terrible scourge - a far cry from my childhood memories of it. 

Dr Donegan's website gives an overview of some of the research that says that these childhood diseases play a beneficial role in priming the immune system in children - mumps for instance may actually protect against ovarian cancer. Now the incidence of measles in adults who are of course most at risk of serious complications and death, has increased from a proportion of 3% of measles cases to 48%.  

What's coming next is that the vaccine pushers will be saying that adults need regular boosters to guard against this - nothing like a nice little earner for Big Pharma. 

• I came across this yesterday. This Dr researched the history of vaccines. Her book is full of graphs of statistics that have been recovered from medical journals and archives.  She's interviewed here:  http://healthimpactnews.com/2014/dr-suzanne-humphries-on-vaccine-safety-they-dont-want-you-to-hear-the-other-side/

• I came across this yesterday. This Dr researched the history of vaccines. Her book is full of graphs of statistics that have been recovered from medical journals and archives.  She's interviewed here:  http://healthimpactnews.com/2014/dr-suzanne-humphries-on-vaccine-safety-they-dont-want-you-to-hear-the-other-side/

Did you check out my links by chance?

• Hi Desp,  great minds think alike ;-)  - I did read your post but being lazy and in a hurry hadn't clicked on the links.  I've watched several interviews with her in the last few days and read the book. She's right belief in vaccines is fuelled by myth and what people think they know about vaccine history and what actually happened are two different things. 

I intend to read historian Michael Willrich's box on Pox - a timely reminder of the days of vaccination at gunpoint given that people are back to demanding compulsory vaccination. Last week a columnist in USA Today called for parents who choose not to vaccinate to be sent to jail.  

• edited February 2015

It will be interesting to see what comes out regarding Gardasil.   I wonder if it will resemble this cardiologist's experience of misconduct in pharmaceutical research. When he found he had evidence a drug company wanted to suppress first they tried to bribe him, then discredit him, then they tried to bankrupt him. The same thing seems to happen to Dr's like Suzanne Humphries & Tetyana Obukhanych who are brave enough to go public and are rewarded by vitriolic attacks to try to marginalize and discredit them.

Dr Peter Wilmshurst tells his story