The C-Word

edited February 2014 in Anti-aging

I'd like to preface this with the reminder that as we all can see by reading this message board...not many (if any) supplements/drugs/etc work the same way for everybody, and most either do not work at all for some, and may even cause harm in some, where others may swear up and down that the very same supplement/drug/etc is a game changing life saver.

Understanding this idea that we are all very different hairy bags of chemicals comes with the territory for biohackers, but in other scenarios a paper may use the lack of success with everyone as a way to tear apart theories and treatments that actually do have beneficial effects on those whose chemical bags are just right.

With that said, here are a few more potential weapons in our fight with the many faces of cancer.

1- After watching G. Edward Griffin's 1973 classic "World Without Cancer"  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jF8FhBQI60 I came away impressed.  His theory is that cancer is comparable to scurvy in that it may be the result of a vitamin deficiency in our diet, in this case, vitamin B17 also known as Laetrile or Amygdalin.  After watching this film I followed up by reading its criticisms on typical main stream cancer websites, and the way they word their criticisms they leave much to be desired on explaining how high of a dose, and if those they treated were in the very latest stages of cancer.  IMO I see enough of a hole in their criticisms to believe they are simply towing the company line, as the business side of cancer is a big money maker.  You can order supplements on Amazon, or get it naturally by incorporating more plant products containing nitrilosides, such as:

Fruits  Range*

blackberry, domestic low

blackberry, wild high

boysenberry med.

choke cherry high

wild crabapple high

market cranberry low

Swedish (lignon) cranberry high

currant med.

elderberry med. to high

gooseberry. med.

huckleberry med.

loganberry med.

mulberry med.

quince med.

raspberry med.

Seeds  Range*

apple seeds high

apricot seed high

buckwheat med.

cherry seed high

flax med.

millet med.

nectarine seed high

peach seed high

pear seeds high

plum seed high

prune seed high

squash seeds med.

Beans  Range*

black low

black-eyed peas low

fava high

garbanzo low to med.

green pea low

kidney low to med.

lentils med.

lima, U.S.  low

lima, Burma med.

mung med. to high

shell low

Nuts (all raw)  Range*

bitter almond high

cashew low

macadamia med. to high

Sprouts  Range*

alfalfa med.

bamboo high

fava med.

garbanzo med.

mung med.

Leaves  Range*

alfalfa high

beet tops low

eucalyptus high

spinach low

water cress low

Tubers  Range*

cassava high

sweet potato low

yams low

Range*

High — above 500 mgs. nitriloside per 100 grams food

Medium — above 100 mgs. per 100 grams food

Low — below 100 mgs. per 100 grams food

2- Concentrated Cannabis Oil.  If you have not seen "Run From The Cure"  by Rick Simpson, it is very much worth your while. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0psJhQHk_GI

3- Currently I'm interested in separately doing more research on the health benefits of Lipoic Acid, DMSO, and the therapeutic use of Hydrogen Peroxide.  

Seeing through the chaotic.

Comments

• GarrettGarrett
    edited February 2014

Keto starves cancer. http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/healthscience/2012/december/starving-cancer-ketogenic-diet-a-key-to-recovery/

Most cells can switch from using glucose as fuel, over to using fat as fuel.

Except cancer cells.

• the pancreatic/systemic enzyme approach to cancer therapy is really interesting too.  Look up any podcast with Nicholas Gonzalez M.D.

I think a bottle of systemic enzymes every year is a good thing,  I would do it all the time if vitalzym wasn't so expensive.

• Am I ever glad that I preserved a load of Choke Cherries into fruit leather last year.  I was amazed at my dog's love for these choke cherries so I decided there must be some value right under my nose and for free!  I have access to the mother load every year just outside my front door.  This year, I will freeze some in tact as well as do the fruit leather thing.  When dried they become very palatable. 

• My dad just gave my a 1997 edition of the book World Without Cancer, and it's been a very interesting first few pages. Dad used it as a reason to take a few apricot kernels every day, but I didn't have any information on other foods which contained Laetrile. It's probably in the book, but thanks, OP!

Men are undoubtedly more in danger from prosperity than adversity.  For when matters go smoothly, they flatter themselves, and are intoxicated by their success.  ~John Calvin

• Choke cherries do and I make awesome fruit leather outta them.  You can also just freeze them and pop a few here and there. 

• Choke cherries do and I make awesome fruit leather outta them. You can also just freeze them and pop a few here and there.

Where can you get them? I live in North Dakota, and just found out the choke cherry is the official state fruit. So you'd think it would be a bit easier.

Men are undoubtedly more in danger from prosperity than adversity.  For when matters go smoothly, they flatter themselves, and are intoxicated by their success.  ~John Calvin

• Phytochemicals are indeed powerful and we are not realizing the scope and magnitude of our nutrient deficiencies but I think the general cause of cancer is low oxygen, acidic cell environments. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warburg_hypothesis and this Smart Life Forum lecture clearly outlines that premise.

Eating well will definitely support robust cells but our high sugar diets are burning our cells out so fast that they don't go through apoptosis properly and become glucose black holes. I really recommend that video.

• "our" being the general populace? The only sugar that I get is in sweet potatoes and greens and raw honey.. most of us here are eating high fat :) 

Phytochemicals are indeed powerful and we are not realizing the scope and magnitude of our nutrient deficiencies but I think the general cause of cancer is low oxygen, acidic cell environments. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warburg_hypothesis and this Smart Life Forum lecture clearly outlines that premise.

Eating well will definitely support robust cells but our high sugar diets are burning our cells out so fast that they don't go through apoptosis properly and become glucose black holes. I really recommend that video.

• Yes I am sadly referring the general populace with the high-sugar high-stress habit but I think the nutrient issue is a challenge for any modern person to get stoichiometric

• PARKERPARKER
    edited April 2014

Where can you get them? I live in North Dakota, and just found out the choke cherry is the official state fruit. So you'd think it would be a bit easier.

I find my chokecherries growing abundantly down rural side roads along farmer's fence lines mostly.  Free food!!

• BONUS!!!  Just found some choke cherry hootch that I found in my cupboard.  It was last years' crop and I just poured vodka over them and forgot about them until today!  Kind of turned into brandy.  I will call it the B17 Bomb.

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

Measles vaccine may help cure certain types of cancers? Interesting!

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• So I've been trying to find some reasonably obtainable/non toxic sources of B17... does anybody have any insight on this?

I know this is a bit of an obscure question but I can't really pin this one down. --- Looks like there are plenty of food sources but I'd like to zone in on the most bulletproof option... possibly some kind of berry extract? Seems as though the apricot kernels are a bit questionable due to either having not enough B17 (not bitter enough) or potentially having cyanide production in the body... just wondering what people think on this.

• There are places you can get the butter ones, you just need to do a bit of digging. That seems like the most cost-effective way to go, anyway.

As far as I understand it, and I'm not 100% sure, the only issues with cyanide toxicity occur when taking massive doses of amygdalin/Laetrile as a concentrated form, or when eating ridiculous amounts of apricot seeds (like hundreds). I believe when eating reasonable amounts over a long period of time, your body sort of gets used to the presence of small amounts of cyanide (some of which occur anyway).

It's difficult to find good research on this stuff that isn't either bad science or just broscience and wishful thinking. I eat like 4 apricot kernels a day, which I can't imagine posing a problem. I think I remember someone saying it isn't a good idea to eat more kernels at one time than you could eat whole apricots. And I could pound down 10 or 15 at once if I wanted to. The merits of that reasoning are very limited, though. Especially when looking at them in a bulletproof context rather than a strictly primal one.