What The F*!#...getting Frustrated...please Criticize
Ugh...day 21 on bulletproof intermittent fasting...not losing like I'd hoped/expected.
I'm 5'11", started at 248, got as low as 241, had a refeed 5 days ago, weighed 243 today - loss of 5lbs in 3 weeks.
BP coffee for breakfast
High fat, high protein, lots of veggies for lunch - no starches or carbs, but a couple squares of Lindt 85-90%
Slightly less protein/fat for dinner, still lots of veggies, small amount of carbs (carrot, butternut squash, etc), couple squares Lindt
Been what I consider to be very strict on my intake of carbs.
Since I've only been consuming water, fish, GF beef, bacon, avocados, GF butter, other oils/fats, and green vegetables, here are the only culprits I suspect:
*dark chocolate - been having approx. 1/2 bar, spread throughout my 2pm-8pm eating window.
*nuts - only a small handful a day, if that
*carrots - usually have 1 med-large steamed carrot w dinner
*butternut squash - will have up to 1 cup or so steamed every other day or so for dinner
*water - not drinking enough?
That's it...no snacking, no eating out, no cheating, zip, zilch, nada mas.
1. Been using Ketone urine strips throughout the day, trying to use every time I urinate - usually reads "Trace Amount - 5mg/dL" but I think I've seen it read close to "15mg/dL" before...never higher though
2. Feeling sort of "stopped up" - having daily bowel movements, but still feel like I'm retaining some weight there
3. Is there a correlation between urine color and concentration of ketones?
4. Too much salt causing water retention possibly? I use a lot of pink sea salt
5. Wanting to rev up my ketosis....what do I do?
"No part of a person's will is ever in conflict with the reality of any given moment."